Verizon strike ending . Unions win new contract !

Does anyone who has Verizon miss them while they were on strike?

I didn't....

Me either. And like what's going on with this huge minimum wage increase, expect Verizon to invest in more automation.

Yes, because robots can go to a physical location, climb poles, find and repair a single pair of wires in thousands. Dream on.

If money was no object they could do it today fool....

Nope. You obviously have no clue about what I posted. A robot in no way could find a specific number on a terminal in a high-rise building and extend it to the customers location within the building.

Yes, because robots can go to a physical location, climb poles, find and repair a single pair of wires in thousands. Dream on.

Or they can make better investments in quality wiring and connections.

There were 40,000 workers on the east coast striking. I doubt if there is even a considerable percentage of them climbing polls.

How do you suppose your dial tone travels miles from the central office to your home or business? Someone has to physically build that connection. There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

Does anyone who has Verizon miss them while they were on strike?

I didn't....

Me either. And like what's going on with this huge minimum wage increase, expect Verizon to invest in more automation.

If money was no object they could do it today fool....

Nope. You obviously have no clue about what I posted. A robot in no way could find a specific number on a terminal in a high-rise building and extend it to the customers location within the building.

Yes it could, god damn it, next your are going to tell me no way a drone airplane couldn't find a little carrier in the huge Pacific ocean and land on it.

Get a grip fool.

For a libtard progressive you sure are not very progressive.

Or they can make better investments in quality wiring and connections.

There were 40,000 workers on the east coast striking. I doubt if there is even a considerable percentage of them climbing polls.

How do you suppose your dial tone travels miles from the central office to your home or business? Someone has to physically build that connection. There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

There is no way that replacing the entire cabling infrastructure of the country is cheaper than a pay raise.

The libtard validates my argument that you can automate anything and everything if money was no object.

Your gotta love the "fuck the worker" attitude of the right.

Sad thing is, most of them are workers themselves.

About 20 years ago my boss asked a few of us to write down are career goals for our job at the company..

I wrote down as being an industrial maintenance man that it could be only one thing....make my job obsolete ... Then and only then I could do something else.

And as workers we've seen the results of other workers who made demands of their companies. They now buy their products from China.

If anybody has the "fuck the worker" attitude, it's the left. Because it's the left that keeps pushing our jobs out of this country either by outsourcing or encouraging automation investments.

We workers want to keep our jobs even if they don't pay as much as we'd like.

But if you keep pushing it, they find more and more ways to eliminate those jobs. It's not going to happen all at once.

The harder you push--the faster it will happen. At one time the milk man thought he could never be replaced. At one time the ice man thought the same thing. So did the telephone operator.

My niece, who has no college education, is 28 years old and knocking down 90,000 a year at Verizon with all the perks,that go with it in Baltimore Maryland. Sounds like a pretty good company to work for. Unions start out as a noble idea but turn greedy and vastly inefficient destroying business. As with welfare, once they find out they can continually demand more money for less work it is,all,down hill for whatever business. Unionization is just,a,poison pill for job creation. It's the inmates running the asylum.

Yall want everything to be wallymart.

Funny how CEO salaries never bother u , but some working stiff has a health plan and it angers you?

CEO salaries only bother me from the stand point of "how do I get one of those". Have you checked what union executives make compared to rank and file?

And as workers we've seen the results of other workers who made demands of their companies. They now buy their products from China.

If anybody has the "fuck the worker" attitude, it's the left. Because it's the left that keeps pushing our jobs out of this country either by outsourcing or encouraging automation investments.

Only in Conservatopia is making less preferable to making more.

They were fighting to stop job outsourcing .

Verizon netted $18 billion last year . But it's the ingrate workers who are greedy ? You righties are such big biz whores .

So a group of workers will make a little more money and some of you don't like that? What is YOUR problem? Hate workingworking class folk? How sad. A prevailing attitude in america....settle for less and be happy.

They were fighting to stop job outsourcing .

Verizon netted $18 billion last year . But it's the ingrate workers who are greedy ? You righties are such big biz whores .

No, it's just that we know more about business than liberals.

Let me give you a scenario:

Let's say you won a lottery number that paid oh.......about $400,000 after taxes. Your house and car are paid for, you don' have any major bills. So what do you do with this new little fortune? That's right, you invest it.

But let's say you don't know much about investments, so you talk to somebody that does. You want a secure long term investment. Nothing risky or nutty.

So your friend boils it down to two companies for you to invest in. Company A has been around for quite a while. It's a conservative investment that's been earning about 5% a year. Then there is company B. It to is a conservative investment, but it's growth has been around 2.7% a year. Which company will you put that $400,000 in?

Before you answer, there is one more thing you should know. Company A grosses around four million dollars a year. Company B grosses about six billion dollars a year. Does that change your decision?

Of course not, because you could care less how much they gross, you care about growth just like all investors in the market.

Verizon's growth has not been that great lately regardless of how much they gross. That means they lose investors they really need because large business heavily relies on investors. Now they have to give these 40,000 employees whatever it took to get them back to work, and of course, that brings down their growth much more.

Forum List

Back