Ventura Is Huge

Here is a video on KCAL News. That wave came up Seaward Ave at Pierpont.
I drive PCH every day and at 5am this morning the road was clear. When driving home on the freeway I usually get off the 101 southbound at PCH but the water was splashing over the offramp. That offramp is 40 to 45 feet above the water.

Click on the MSN link for a different video of Seaward Ave.

I lived in the area for more than thirty (moved there in '76) years and know it well, I never saw anything like this when living there. Pretty amazing...

I lived in the area for more than thirty (moved there in '76) years and know it well, I never saw anything like this when living there. Pretty amazing...
Yep, its quite the event. In 1975 the waves were breaking over the end of the pier. I'm at Hammonds Beach in montecito right now waiting for the daybreak so I can take some pics.

Yep, its quite the event. In 1975 the waves were breaking over the end of the pier. I'm at Hammonds Beach in montecito right now waiting for the daybreak so I can take some pics.

From what I've seen in the news, it would have kept me from climbing out onto Mugu Rock... if you can still do that... does that "bridge" still exist?

1703860476268.png

Get your pictures, but stay safe.

On a side note, the fact that you're from Los Angeles explains A LOT.

Amirite? ;)

Pierpont is up high, yes? Up on a little hill above the highway? Rad, man!

Forum List

Back