It's Plenty Muggy in So Cal

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
Not only is it humid, but we still have the algae bloom throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. During the day you can see the red colored water that is visible from the shore and extends out at least a half mile offshore. The wind blew pretty hard last night. It's 75 degrees and sprinkling right now. That's all good, but there is a smell in the air. Smells like dead animal.

I used to work in a small town called Moorpark. Egg City was North of there. When the wind shifted it was noxious.

Moorpark spelled backwards is Kraproom...

I remember Egg City well, passed every time you're going to of coming from Fillmore. If you're taking Grimes Canyon...

• Banned
Moorpark spelled backwards is Kraproom...

I remember Egg City well, passed every time you're going to of coming from Fillmore. If you're taking Grimes Canyon...
Thats what you see in your rear view mirror when leaving town.

Not only is it humid, but we still have the algae bloom throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. During the day you can see the red colored water that is visible from the shore and extends out at least a half mile offshore. The wind blew pretty hard last night. It's 75 degrees and sprinkling right now. That's all good, but there is a smell in the air. Smells like dead animal.

Red Tide, not that uncommon this time of year in Cali. The algae sucks up all the oxygen and kills the fish in doing so.

Or lots of dead fish. Are the seagulls gathering?
I think they are at Mono Lake right now.
I would take that, happily... actually ours is starting to go down. The good months are on the horizon...
There was a womans cancer run yesterday and those women were really sweating. Especially the chunky ones.

The waves are non existent around here. Like a pond for months. The only half decent break has been at Emma Wood. Rincon has been flat like a pancake. Now Orange County is getting 8 to 10 foot waves.

I'm in Orange County, about 5 mi from the ocean. It has just stopped raining. It should go up to 88°.

Forum List

Back