Venison for dinner..

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Cooked in an oiled skillet in the oven @ 350 for about an hour; I just turned it (2 small roasts). Salt, pepper, garlic. Then bacon across the top...will let the bottoms brown a little then I'm adding...

Onion and cauliflower (I know but I'm avoiding carbs so no potatoes. Once I start, I wouldn't be able to stop). Mushrooms...when that has cooked a little, brown gravy mix (probably unnecessary but it's pretty old venison) and water, and let it cook, covered, until I have a good rich gravy. I wonder if I have carrots?

Biscuits for the kids, applesauce....we have some left over asparagus for those who want it. And that's dinner, folks.

venison is Gods greatest gift to man, Morels are the second!!! they are great together, My two most favorite seasons are deer and Morel!!!

• Banned
The mushrooms were just white button mushrooms. I'm not a fan of morels...I can't stand the *holes* they freak me out. My brothers used to hunt them and come home with bags and bags of them and although I'd cook them up and nibble I just honestly can't get past the way they look.

It's a weird thing with me....

93.jpg

That meal sounds awesome.
I'm having Tilapia ceviche and a mango,cilantro,onion, jalapeno,kiwi,blackberry salad.
We have a few deer down here but they're left to balance out naturally.The big cats, javelinas and coyotes gotta eat too and having deer in the woods keeps them out of the farms.......for the most part..

The deer population has exploded up there over the last several years but murkins are too busy in Walmart with the food stamps to take advantage of such an excellent natural resource.When I grew up ( got older) everyone hunted various things, by licence, and the animals actually benefited due to the controlled harvesting.

Forum List

Back