BBQ'd Smoked Meatloaf

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I got the idea and the recipe from this youtube video.

[youtube]uMolrf__xEg[/youtube]

Made mine on a Weber Silver kettle-style grill, smoked with a handful of soaked hickory chips. I used chopped onion and raw red pepper instead of carrot and roasted red pepper and I basted half with catsup and half with K.C. BBQ sauce.

100_0900-1.jpg

Meatloaf and two potatoes grilled indirect at 300 degrees.

100_0901-1.jpg

At 1 hour 15 minutes...126 degrees, basted half catsup and half BBQ sauce.

100_0902-1.jpg

At 1 hour 45 minutes reached 170 degrees internal temp.
Off the grill, tented with foil and rested 12 minutes.

100_0903-1.jpg

Steamed asparagus in microwave for 5 minutes, pulled the potatoes off the grill.

Plated and ready to eat...Mmmm, delicious.

Interesting idea! I'm going to try this.

I smoked some chickens a few weeks ago for the first time. (Man, I bet that took huge rolling papers!)

anyway, Tasty. Thanks for posting.

I got the idea and the recipe from this youtube video.

[youtube]uMolrf__xEg[/youtube]

Made mine on a Weber Silver kettle-style grill, smoked with a handful of soaked hickory chips. I used chopped onion and raw red pepper instead of carrot and roasted red pepper and I basted half with catsup and half with K.C. BBQ sauce.

100_0900-1.jpg

Meatloaf and two potatoes grilled indirect at 300 degrees.

100_0901-1.jpg

At 1 hour 15 minutes...126 degrees, basted half catsup and half BBQ sauce.

100_0902-1.jpg

At 1 hour 45 minutes reached 170 degrees internal temp.
Off the grill, tented with foil and rested 12 minutes.

100_0903-1.jpg

Steamed asparagus in microwave for 5 minutes, pulled the potatoes off the grill.

Plated and ready to eat...Mmmm, delicious.

Looks good, and I'll try it as soon as it gets warmer here. But I'd put it on a BBQ pan I have with holes in it to keep it from breaking up and falling through the grill, as I do when cooking fish on the BBQ. Anytime I need two spatulas for anything, it's almost a given that I'll screw it up!

Looks good, and I'll try it as soon as it gets warmer here. But I'd put it on a BBQ pan I have with holes in it to keep it from breaking up and falling through the grill, as I do when cooking fish on the BBQ. Anytime I need two spatulas for anything, it's almost a given that I'll screw it up!

Not a bad idea...it almost got away from me coming off the grill.

New Topics

Forum List

Back