Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees

Naw.

Force employers to have reasonable rules about when they can fire an employee.

Political affliation is not protected.

Neither is there a law against firing people for "revenge".

The alternative is getting rid of those "Right to Work" laws and let Unions back in.

I'm good with either method.

Is less projected marginal profitability for retaining an employee due to government legislation a reasonable reason to cut staffing, commie swallow?

Gosh..your faggot assinine shit comes through like a rainbow flag, SniperFag.

No..you can't swallow my load, nazi.

In any case..unlike you, I have actually run a business.

And it should be pretty easy to justify letting people go..if profits are affected.

We are in complete agreement!

Elections have consequences.

Hey swallow, their not firing people just because obama got relected. Their firing people because obama's polocies are now going to start. That's why obama waited till after the election for them to start, he would've never got relected if they started before. My goodness even obama is smart enough to figure that out, but that does'nt say much about yourself.

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

didn't Nevada go to obama?

Las Vegas went to Obama, it dragged the decent people with it.

Those employers who want the right to hire and fire should get the message and get out. This isn't that country anymore.

Sure thing.

The sooner the better.

They can go find another country that offers all the opportunity, freedom, justice, and infrastructure the United States offers.

I've met a few business owners that tried it.

And came right back.

You mean the United States USED to offer and doesn't anymore. It's time to smell the coffee. It's burning. Liberals want to take away the freedoms we had at one time and still want to use those long dead freedoms to attract people. CLUE, if a business owner is prohibited by law from firing people, that owner has lost his freedom to conduct his business the way he sees fit.

We're just a small business but we've been putting off hiring three until the election, now we won't be taking them on.

So, just to see if I have this straight...

You've been intentionally screwing yourself and your employees by not expanding your workforce (thereby assumedly making your existing employees work more overtime, and pick up the slack for the missing people) in order to do your part to make sure the economy doesn't expand under Obama?

And now you plan not to expand for another 4 years just to spite Obama voters?

You're a fucking jackass.

I seriously hope your existing employees quit, and your business goes bankrupt, because honestly, you're too damn stupid to be running a business.
You campaigned for and won trouble November 6.

Now, shut up and brace yourself for higher Obamacare taxes on the Middle Class for the enrichment of Democrat families in Congress and the Senate. If you're nice, they might throw you a bone with their pee on it.

:clap2::clap2:

Hey swallow, their not firing people just because obama got relected. Their firing people because obama's polocies are now going to start. That's why obama waited till after the election for them to start, he would've never got relected if they started before. My goodness even obama is smart enough to figure that out, but that does'nt say much about yourself.

You might try to put it up in crayon for him.

He isn't exactly the sharpest Crayola in the 64 pack.

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).

:D

John Mackey donated at least 2500 to Romneys campaign, pushes the morality of capitalism, silent on Prop. 37 and has been a favorite target for MSNBC attack regarding his trashing Obamacare.

Easy answer: NEver, ever, spend one dime in a business that endorsed Romney. They wanna play that game, then fine.

Example: I only shop for food at Whole Foods now. They abide by a....non-right wing ideal system....and business is booming for them somehow, even offering health insurance for grocery clerks.

So whatever. Speak with your dollars. Need a car tune-up? Find out which shops voted Romney, and avoid at all costs. Amazon dot com moved to non-union, extreme right wing South Carolina and that TP Governor made a deal with them to pay no in state taxes. Fuck 'em. I'll never spend one more time on Amazon.

According to the election...there are more non-extreme right wingers than there are right wingers who want to fire people for "looking like they voted for Obama" (translation: Fire all the blacks, mexicans and gays).

John Mackey donated at least 2500 to Romneys campaign, pushes the morality of capitalism, silent on Prop. 37 and has been a favorite target for MSNBC attack regarding his trashing Obamacare.

Whoops!! :eusa_clap:

This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly.

November 7, 2012 6:09 PM
LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

Vegas Employer: Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees « CBS Las Vegas

I really hope this continues.

It seems we need more laws.

It's amazing employers are this stupid.

But they are..and it seems legislation is the only way to correct this stupidity.

So, endless meansie flea laws are going to convert heathen Republicans to drinking Obama's koolaid?

Don't hold yer breath.

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

I don't get too exercised about this type of story. First, most of them are urban myths. Second, if the guy was running a successful business, he would need all his employees, so he either is a lousy businessman or used the election to do what he was going to do anyway for good business reasons (like lack of demand for his product). Finally, check in a week and see how many he has hired back.

Then go ask a union organizer how successful the union busting tactic of firing everyone when they vote for union representation is.

I hope they keep it up. The overreaching of these assholes will drive more voters and consumers (guess why the guy didn't want to be identified? Guess how long it will take the fired employees if he really fired them to contact the news media?) to become radicalized? If they keep sneering at the people they need to vote for them to win elections and think that money and bullying will get them what persuasion cannot, they have seriously misjudged the American people.

I knew all that. But he puts his people before his profits (within reason of course). He and his company dont toe the line of the new radical right. He'll get my money. Not the whackjobs who are advocating firing anyone who "looks" like they voted for Obama.

I hope those employees sue the shit out of that crybaby right wing piece of trash (if it's even true)

Sue him for what you stupid communist bastard? At will employment means tou can fire anyone for anything (as long as it's not based on race, religion, gender, familial status, or in some states for whistle-blowing)!

You can't sue for a business owner trying to save his business! No lawyer in their right mind is going to pick this one up!

You won the election.

But that was not enough, was it.

You have to strip public servants and throw them in the Auschwitz oven of your contempt that falsely accuses people in the AntiSlavery Republican Party of racism the Democrat Party got fat off of from 1865-1965.

The trouble with damaging the people in your own country is that it enables a Saddam Hussein in the next generation to murder with no holds barred.

Damaging your own country's people leads to war, and nobody wins except the undertaker.

You might try to put it up in crayon for him.

He isn't exactly the sharpest Crayola in the 64 pack.

I don't think that would help, everyone was prewarned what would happen if obama got relected, but they were to busy calling them a racist to understand or hear them.

Forum List

Back