Vegan Neighbors Offended By The Smell Of Cooking Meat

I get where you're coming from. But pls keep in mind, you started this thread, not me or CarlinAnnArbor or BluesMan. And btw, I'm pretty sure you started another vegan-related thread recently, so it seems that you either want to debate this topic, or just stir the pot. lol ;) And if you look at threads I've started, I think there are probably only 2 or 3 threads in the last 3 years that are even related to this topic. Yes, I will debate it if someone else starts a thread on it. But your definition of "crammed down your throat" seems to be simply seeing people post the opposing view... and again, most of the time it is not us who are starting these threads, but other people. We're just replying and debating or discussing the topic.

I know and Blues Man seems very laid back about the whole entire thing. It's just that I hold nothing personal against either of you it's just that when you get bombarded with "save the farm animals" after making one or two comments about it it becomes just as annoying as the LGBT agenda.

I have no issues with whatever somebody wants to do with their own personal lives or simply just having an opinion or opposing view until they try to convert me to veganism or be a member of a yay I'm gay club and I get a gold star and an entire month about my sexuality!!! :D (Not to go off topic but same sort of point.)

it it becomes just as annoying as the LGBT agenda
THIS is exactly what you do. Look at this thread. It's filled with "what id do to offend those self righteous vegans". "THIS is what I'd do to piss them off."

You're big on being offended by homosexuality. THIS is how they'd respond to piss off those self righteous heteros. You do EXACTLY THE SAME THING

lovely-gay-couple-kissing-while-sitting-their-living-room-home-two-romantic-young-male-lovers-...jpg

THIS is exactly what you do. Look at this thread. It's filled with "what id do to offend those self righteous vegans". "THIS is what I'd do to piss them off."

You're the one getting offended by me and most other people in this thread being meat eaters. I'm not offended that you're a vegan. I'm only offended when you try to get me to change my diet.

I know and Blues Man seems very laid back about the whole entire thing. It's just that I hold nothing personal against either of you it's just that when you get bombarded with "save the farm animals" after making one or two comments about it it becomes just as annoying as the LGBT agenda.

I have no issues with whatever somebody wants to do with their own personal lives or simply just having an opinion or opposing view until they try to convert me to veganism or be a member of a yay I'm gay club and I get a gold star and an entire month about my sexuality!!! :D (Not to go off topic but same sort of point.)

You probably won't like what I'm about to say, but if you really don't want to hear about it, then just don't click on those threads. And definitely don't start threads on the topic, because you can't expect to have a discussion with only one side...not on a public forum like this.

The most important thing should always be the truth. It doesn't matter what topic it is... I don't believe in group think or putting my own preconceived ideas or traditions above truth and logic. So people who are sure their position is correct shouldn't be afraid of debate, if their position is strong it should be no problem to hear the opposing side. :dunno: But I understand how you feel. No one likes to feel like they're doing something wrong, and the thing about veganism (as BluesMan stated) is that it's an ethical position. So the outspoken vegans are typically hated because no one likes to hear things that make them feel they're doing something wrong. I get it. But I'm not going to be silent just to appease people now that I know what is going on behind closed doors, or stop being an advocate for animals who are no different than a dog or cat in all the relevant ways.

You probably won't like what I'm about to say, but if you really don't want to hear about it, then just don't click on those threads. And definitely don't start threads on the topic, because you can't expect to have a discussion with only one side...not on a public forum like this.

The most important thing should always be the truth. It doesn't matter what topic it is... I don't believe in group think or putting my own preconceived ideas or traditions above truth and logic. So people who are sure their position is correct shouldn't be afraid of debate, if their position is strong it should be no problem to hear the opposing side. :dunno: But I understand how you feel. No one likes to feel like they're doing something wrong, and the thing about veganism (as BluesMan stated) is that it's an ethical position. So the outspoken vegans are typically hated because no one likes to hear things that make them feel they're doing something wrong. I get it. But I'm not going to be silent just to appease people now that I know what is going on behind closed doors, or stop being an advocate for animals who are no different than a dog or cat in all the relevant ways.

I don't hate you, or CarlinAnnArbor,.. but I also don't feel like I'm doing something wrong and I shouldn't,.. and you shouldn't either. There really is no right or wrong answer when it comes to what you choose to eat, it's just personal preferences and beliefs.

I don't hate you, or CarlinAnnArbor,.. but I also don't feel like I'm doing something wrong and I shouldn't,.. and you shouldn't either. There really is no right or wrong answer when it comes to what you choose to eat, it's just personal preferences and beliefs.

That's the problem (the sentence I put in bold)... people completely disconnect what they are eating with the actual reality before it got to their plate. It's the exact same mindset prochoicers have in abortion debates, they completely omit the victim, as if abortion only involves one person. In the same way, you are completely ignoring that your "personal choice" involved a victim. In this case, an innocent animal who is no different than your dog in all the relevant ways. So is it really a "personal choice" or "preference" if there's a victim? No. Btw, in both topics (abortion and the status quo regarding animals) the philosophy behind it really boils down to "might makes right." If you disagree, then feel free to prove me wrong. If you don't disagree, then do you really believe that "might makes right"? Is that how you want to live? What if someone applied that philosophy to you?

buttercup You're not going to like what I say to you but your diet is totally different than abortion. A pig and a baby are not the same thing.

Pigs can be cute and they're smart but they're also delicious. As long as somebody knows the proper way to butcher them so they don't suffer than I don't give it another thought. If you don't wish to eat meat that's your choice, but we all choose what we put into our bodies and the only time that that changes is when we have another body inside of us. That's the only time when it's not our body anymore.

buttercup You're not going to like what I say to you but your diet is totally different than abortion. A pig and a baby are not the same thing.

Pigs can be cute and they're smart but they're also delicious. As long as somebody knows the proper way to butcher them so they don't suffer than I don't give it another thought. If you don't wish to eat meat that's your choice, but we all choose what we put into our bodies and the only time that that changes is when we have another body inside of us. That's the only time when it's not our body anymore.

I didn't say that pigs and babies are the same thing. I said that in both cases there is a victim. And I said that the philosophy behind both topics is might makes right. And I asked you if you believe in that philosophy. You didn't answer that. I still want to hear your answer to that.

The bottom line is, you are paying someone to abuse, torture and brutally kill an intelligent social animal, and you are claiming that it is a "personal choice." You'll probably bring up that "homestead" where they claim to kill "humanely." But if you buy from the grocery store, it almost certainly came from a factory farm, or if you ever eat out at a restaurant, same thing. So are you going to own up to the philosophy of "might makes right"?

I didn't say that pigs and babies are the same thing. I said that in both cases there is a victim. And I said that the philosophy behind both topics is might makes right. And I asked you if you believe in that philosophy. You didn't answer that. I still want to hear your answer to that.

The bottom line is, you are paying someone to abuse, torture and brutally kill an intelligent social animal, and you are claiming that it is a "personal choice." You'll probably bring up that "homestead" where they claim to kill "humanely." But if you buy from the grocery store, it almost certainly came from a factory farm, or if you ever eat out at a restaurant, same thing. So are you going to own up to the philosophy of "might makes right"?

Tell me what that means and I'll tell you if I believe in that philosophy. I know I believe in live and let live.

Tell me what that means and I'll tell you if I believe in that philosophy. I know I believe in live and let live.

It means exactly what it says. But I’ll try to put it in different words. It means that simply having power over others or superior strength automatically makes it right to do whatever you want to those at your mercy. For example, famous dictators throughout history had the power to do what they wanted....Did that power (or “might”) make what they did right? For example, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot. They did what they did because they could. Might makes right.

And I’m glad you brought up “live and let live” because you are doing the exact opposite of that. When you pay someone to needlessly abuse and kill animals, you're not going by the philosophy of live and let live. I’m sure you weren’t looking at it in that way though. You were only applying it to humans, right? Well the reality is we’re not the only ones living in this world or the only ones that matter. If you wouldn’t kill a dog to eat his body when you didn’t have to, you’re already applying “live and let live”.... but just to SOME animals. The problem is that most people don’t apply that same respect to all animals, because they’ve been conditioned to believe it’s acceptable to love some and treat others in the worst possible ways.

Speaking of might makes right... here's a video I did on that a few years ago. :)

buttercup hmm yes I believe in that philosophy to a point about having power (over animals) but being able to eat them and abuse them aren't the same things and my mind has been made up about that.

buttercup hmm yes I believe in that philosophy to a point about having power (over animals) but being able to eat them and abuse them aren't the same things and my mind has been made up about that.

Just in case you misunderstood, it's not simply about having power. (Of course we have power over the animals, no one is denying that.) It's about that power automatically making anything we do right. You said you agree with it, but then you kind of contradicted yourself when you imply that you're against abuse.

But even if we set aside abuse and just talk about killing/eating them, "might makes right" goes against the command to be merciful, which is stated over and over throughout the bible. (But don't worry, I really don't want to get into the religious aspect of this, at least not now. I have to sign off here soon.) In other words, just because we have the power to do something doesn't mean we should. I mean, God has the power to zap any one of us at any time, but He doesn't, God is merciful to us and wants us to show that same mercy to those at our mercy. I could back that up with tons of scriptures if I wanted to, but the bottom line is God wants us to choose MERCY, not violence and killing when it is completely unnecessary.

Just in case you misunderstood, it's not simply about having power. (Of course we have power over the animals, no one is denying that.) It's about that power automatically making anything we do right. You said you agree with it, but then you kind of contradicted yourself when you imply that you're against abuse.

But even if we set aside abuse and just talk about killing/eating them, "might makes right" goes against the command to be merciful, which is stated over and over throughout the bible. (But don't worry, I really don't want to get into the religious aspect of this, at least not now. I have to sign off here soon.) In other words, just because we have the power to do something doesn't mean we should. I mean, God has the power to zap any one of us at any time, but He doesn't, God is merciful to us and wants us to show that same mercy to those at our mercy. I could back that up with tons of scriptures if I wanted to, but the bottom line is God wants us to choose MERCY, not violence and killing when it is completely unnecessary.

Okay but I find killing animals to eat them a whole lot different than killing animals just to kill them. I don't like trophy hunting very much.

That's the problem (the sentence I put in bold)... people completely disconnect what they are eating with the actual reality before it got to their plate. It's the exact same mindset prochoicers have in abortion debates, they completely omit the victim, as if abortion only involves one person. In the same way, you are completely ignoring that your "personal choice" involved a victim. In this case, an innocent animal who is no different than your dog in all the relevant ways. So is it really a "personal choice" or "preference" if there's a victim? No. Btw, in both topics (abortion and the status quo regarding animals) the philosophy behind it really boils down to "might makes right." If you disagree, then feel free to prove me wrong. If you don't disagree, then do you really believe that "might makes right"? Is that how you want to live? What if someone applied that philosophy to you?
animals are not victims.

Forum List

Back