Vatican Makes It Clear: Abortion - A Crime, Condemns Gay Marriage

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
VATICAN CITY, June 6, 2006 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family has published a document today which uses some of the strongest language the Vatican has employed in decades. The introduction to "Family and Human Procreation" says: "today man has become a great enigma to himself and lives through the most acute crisis of his history in its family dimension: the family is subject to attack as never before; the new models of the family destroy it; procreation techniques jettison human love; the politics of birth control lead to the current 'demographic winter.' ... Along these paths ... we deviate towards a 'post-human' world. It is necessary to save man."

The document specifies that abortion is a crime which must be punished. "Today people want to trivialise abortion with the claim that authorities must not penalise this abominable crime," says the 57-page document signed by Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo, the head of the Pontifical Council. "It is not acceptable that a crime should remain unpunished."

The document also condemns the attack on the family as the "eclipse of God". The five-chapter document says: "Couples made up of homosexuals claim similar rights to those reserved to husband and wife; they even claim the right to adoption. Women who live a lesbian union claim similar rights, demanding laws which give them access to hetero fertilization or embryo implantation. Moreover it is claimed that the help of the law to form these unusual couples goes hand in hand with the help to divorce and repudiate,'' the document said.

The document in its first chapter speaks of "procreation" and "why the family is the only appropriate place for it". It explains that artificial procreation is illicit since "Procreation is the means of transmitting life by the loving union of man and woman," and it "must be truly human."

The philosophical key to moving out of the culture of death, suggests the document, is "an integral understanding of what is human." It explains, "Without a 'meta-anthropology' which touches the being, the substance, the spirit, there can be no integral understanding of what is human, because the concepts of person and being are emptied of content. Morals and religion, which are fundamental and decisive values, are reduced to a 'private matter.' The return of metaphysics is vital in order to regain a sense of what is human in man."

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/jun/06060604.html

-----

I can see where the calling of artificial procreation illicit because"Procreation is the means of transmitting life by the loving union of man and woman," and it "must be truly human" could cause a bit of a problem with those Catholics who are unable to conceive.

Those in charge of those aspects of life - politicians? they are not believers. While the Vatican is pretty right-on, from a biblical stand point - we have no catholics or other christians in power to 'do' anything about that.

dmp said:
Those in charge of those aspects of life - politicians? they are not believers. While the Vatican is pretty right-on, from a biblical stand point - we have no catholics or other christians in power to 'do' anything about that.
Oh, there are plenty of Catholics and Christians in power, but like GW bringing up the amendment issue he knew would be shot down, they don't really want to go there. Doesn't mean they think abortion is ok, they don't for the most part. Yet most care more about votes. Henry Hyde was a notable exception.

Kathianne said:
Oh, there are plenty of Catholics and Christians in power, but like GW bringing up the amendment issue he knew would be shot down, they don't really want to go there. Doesn't mean they think abortion is ok, they don't for the most part. Yet most care more about votes. Henry Hyde was a notable exception.

Who? Can you name ONE congressman/woman or leader who abides by the teachings of their faith while in office?

GWB is probably CLOSE; except for his "Christians and Muslims worship the Same God" bs

:(

dmp said:
Who? Can you name ONE congressman/woman or leader who abides by the teachings of their faith while in office?

GWB is probably CLOSE; except for his "Christians and Muslims worship the Same God" bs

As I said, Henry Hyde. I think Santorum has been consistent. GW on abortion has been consistent on abortion, with good SCOTUS appointments. On 'gay marriage' I wouldn't call that so pro-Christian. Several times he's brought it up, to rile the base, knowing it would be shot down, as it was today.

Luckily I don't live in Vatican City... the only place the Pope's word means anything. Thankfully.

WOLF BLITZER: You write this on page 180 in your book, "If the Republican Party fails to come around on this issue, same sex marriage, I believe it will find itself on the wrong side of history and on a sharp decline into irrelevance." Those are strong words.

MARY CHENEY: They are strong words and I did write them and I believe them. I think if you look at polls and I do talk about them in the book, this is not a conservative issue, not a liberal issue, not a Republican issue or Democrat issue. This is a generational issue. And as voter -- as younger voters, as younger people come of age, what you're going to see is you're going to see resistance to same sex marriage dissipating.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/05/sitroom.01.html

dmp said:

What a good little masonic noahide he is.:halo:

GotZoom said:
You reply to a request for "good" things about the United Nations. I post their failures and you call me on it.

I mention the Vatican and their stand. You quote us Mary Cheney

Kettle. Black. Democrat.
You forgot a word.

jasendorf said:
Luckily I don't live in Vatican City... the only place the Pope's word means anything. Thankfully.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/05/sitroom.01.html

You wish. Don't you even remember the passing of Pope John Paul II?

Obviously you think someone like Mary Cheney, a lesbian daughter of the Vice President, is an adequate person to lead you instead....versus world religious and political leaders who have dealt with this subject in depth long, long before Mary was even a twinkle in her father's eye.

GotZoom said:
You reply to a request for "good" things about the United Nations. I post their failures and you call me on it.

I mention the Vatican and their stand. You quote us Mary Cheney

Kettle. Black.

What do you want? A prize or something?

As for relevance, I think that the Republican Party taking its commands from the Pope is a bad thing an so does Mary Cheney.

ScreamingEagle said:
You wish. Don't you even remember the passing of Pope John Paul II?

Obviously you think someone like Mary Cheney, a lesbian daughter of the Vice President, is an adequate person to lead you instead....versus world religious and political leaders who have dealt with this subject in depth long, long before Mary was even a twinkle in her father's eye.

The Pope has never even been married... if we're going to use experience as a factor in who we choose to lead us... I'll go with my grandpa who has been married 57 years... he says that any moron who thinks gay marriage affects their marriage or the institution of marriage in any way has an awfully shallow marriage or no marriage at all.

I mean, really... marriage advice from an 80-year-old bachelor of no discernable sexual preference??? Please.

jasendorf said:
The Pope has never even been married... if we're going to use experience as a factor in who we choose to lead us... I'll go with my grandpa who has been married 57 years... he says that any moron who thinks gay marriage affects their marriage or the institution of marriage in any way has an awfully shallow marriage or no marriage at all.

I mean, really... marriage advice from an 80-year-old bachelor of no discernable sexual preference??? Please.

If you really believe that, then you better restrict all your comments to only things that you PERSONALLY have experienced.

That should pretty much shut you up. :cof:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
jasendorf said:

Sorry...but your Grandpa's thoughts on marriage are foolish; or He just completely misses the point. Seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh? :(

dmp said:
Sorry...but your Grandpa's thoughts on marriage are foolish; or He just completely misses the point. Seems the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, eh? :(

Yep, his Grandpa and the Pope's Grandpa would probably disagree with each other too. :D
(bet he never thought that the Pope actually grew up in a family before)

Forum List

Back