Varney: Trump dominated the world stage in London

Sorry to hear that. That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want my kids gone by 22 and on their own. If possible.

ya, he doesn't wanna be here anymore than we do. & be thankful for right now, your kids can stay on yer health insurance until the age of 26 if they had too.
I told them that my only job is to make sure they can take care of the themselves at the age of 22 or 23 post college graduation, as if I no longer exist. Period. If they do not achieve that then I have failed as a parent.

uh-huh. you're only 38. you still have the ' life is always black & white ' mentality. hopefully them life circumstances won't show up despite everything you think will or won't happen; & that you won't refuse to help them even though you're still around, 'cause they are all grown up & not 'children' anymore.
39 now. If I still have to help them then I have failed as a parent. Doesn’t mean I will not but it means I failed. I hope not to fail.

ooOOooo m'k. 39. seems you are still thinking in black & white terms... yet again... envision that sometimes things happen to people beyond their control & has zero to do with 'parenting skills'.

just like you stepping off a curb & getting nailed by a drunk driver. does that have anything to do with your parents failing?

c'mon.

Barring unforeseen situations of course. I want them to have jobs, career paths, their own bank accounts, etc. I could step off a curb and die and then what skills do they have to survive? You mad my point for me.

ya, he doesn't wanna be here anymore than we do. & be thankful for right now, your kids can stay on yer health insurance until the age of 26 if they had too.
I told them that my only job is to make sure they can take care of the themselves at the age of 22 or 23 post college graduation, as if I no longer exist. Period. If they do not achieve that then I have failed as a parent.

uh-huh. you're only 38. you still have the ' life is always black & white ' mentality. hopefully them life circumstances won't show up despite everything you think will or won't happen; & that you won't refuse to help them even though you're still around, 'cause they are all grown up & not 'children' anymore.
39 now. If I still have to help them then I have failed as a parent. Doesn’t mean I will not but it means I failed. I hope not to fail.

ooOOooo m'k. 39. seems you are still thinking in black & white terms... yet again... envision that sometimes things happen to people beyond their control & has zero to do with 'parenting skills'.

just like you stepping off a curb & getting nailed by a drunk driver. does that have anything to do with your parents failing?

c'mon.

Barring unforeseen situations of course. I want them to have jobs, career paths, their own bank accounts, etc. I could step off a curb and die and then what skills do they have to survive? You mad my point for me.

actually YOU finally made MY point. wtf do you think i was talking about all along?

c'mon.

actually YOU finally made MY point. wtf do you think i was talking about all along?

My point is at 23, I don't want them back at the house. I want them independent and on their own. If they are back after 23 then I have failed as a parent. Which is fine but those are my standards.

c'mon.

My point is at 23, I don't want them back at the house. I want them independent and on their own. If they are back after 23 then I have failed as a parent. Which is fine but those are my standards.

well ya. duh.... but blaming the parents' authority & ideology or lack there of & saying it's a fail in all cases automatically - is also black & white thinking.

Forum List

Back