Vanishing Glaciers Of The Greater Himalaya - Photographic evidence

"Really"??? :eusa_liar: Please hold your breath until then. :eusa_whistle: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....you are such a hopeless imbecile, slackjawed:cuckoo:.

Don't worry dude, viglink is aware of your actions now.. Won't be long....

Are you still holding your breath waiting? LOLOLOLOLOL. I sure hope you are, you clueless retard.

Why so worried? If you aren't misusing their software you are fine, if you are just hot-linking from a service or software and their links happen to be there, then that just makes you lazy and lame as well as irresponsible. ya know I find it completely telling in the way you reacted to this. Crying and screaming across multiple threads and your continued use of word play to hide your links code. Even when another poster saw the same thing you called him a liar as well and continued your rant...:lol:

Whether they do anything or not, is up to them now. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do not start to monitor the use of their software or service a bit more closely now, because this isn't a single instance of this, I found many forums with people asking the same questions, just from one simple google search. This kind of thing is going to be a problem and people like you who either use the service illegally to cheat the system, or ignorantly hot-link to their affiliated links are going to make it harder for legit users to make a buck.

Personally I think you are an idiot living with mom who thinks he is going make money for doing nothing or at least using the work of others while he does online role-playing in web forums. I think you run through a proxy or several, and most likely maintain multiple ID's on as many web forums as you can, and try to use any means you can to eek out some pennies to buy your bandwidth and cheetohs.

Fee advice: get out of the house! or rather get out of moms house and take care of your own lazy ass for once. this isn't real life, this is a web forum, nothing more. And whatever role you play on here isn't real its data across a network and will be gone and forgotten as soon as its deleted by any admin or mod. Life, people, friends and family is real. Objects, trinkets, computers, all of it is just stuff. Stuff that you can use from time to time, in the end its reality that lasts.

Now go on and play your little game until you are busted or mom kicks your ass out...:lol:

Are you still holding your breath waiting? LOLOLOLOLOL. I sure hope you are, you clueless retard.

Why so worried? If you aren't misusing their software you are fine, if you are just hot-linking from a service or software and their links happen to be there, then that just makes you lazy and lame as well as irresponsible. ya know I find it completely telling in the way you reacted to this. Crying and screaming across multiple threads and your continued use of word play to hide your links code. Even when another poster saw the same thing you called him a liar as well and continued your rant...

Whether they do anything or not, is up to them now. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do not start to monitor the use of their software or service a bit more closely now, because this isn't a single instance of this, I found many forums with people asking the same questions, just from one simple google search. This kind of thing is going to be a problem and people like you who either use the service illegally to cheat the system, or ignorantly hot-link to their affiliated links are going to make it harder for legit users to make a buck.

Personally I think you are an idiot living with mom who thinks he is going make money for doing nothing or at least using the work of others while he does online role-playing in web forums. I think you run through a proxy or several, and most likely maintain multiple ID's on as many web forums as you can, and try to use any means you can to eek out some pennies to buy your bandwidth and cheetohs.

Fee advice: get out of the house! or rather get out of moms house and take care of your own lazy ass for once. this isn't real life, this is a web forum, nothing more. And whatever role you play on here isn't real its data across a network and will be gone and forgotten as soon as its deleted by any admin or mod. Life, people, friends and family is real. Objects, trinkets, computers, all of it is just stuff. Stuff that you can use from time to time, in the end its reality that lasts.

Now go on and play your little game until you are busted or mom kicks your ass out...

Did you turn blue yet? Still holding your breath waiting for "vigilink to get back" to you? "Won't be long"......keep holding your breath waiting...pretty please.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Why so worried? If you aren't misusing their software you are fine, if you are just hot-linking from a service or software and their links happen to be there, then that just makes you lazy and lame as well as irresponsible. ya know I find it completely telling in the way you reacted to this. Crying and screaming across multiple threads and your continued use of word play to hide your links code. Even when another poster saw the same thing you called him a liar as well and continued your rant...

Now go on and play your little game until you are busted or mom kicks your ass out...

Did you turn blue yet? Still holding your breath waiting for "vigilink to get back" to you? "Won't be long"......keep holding your breath waiting...pretty please.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not holding my breath but you obviously are... LOL

Btw, I have a ticket in their service and support system. Seems its been bumped up to management already. not even been 24 hours yet and you are already crying... LOL this is great fun no matter they do, watching your reaction is priceless..:lol:

Btw, I have a ticket in their service and support system. Seems its been bumped up to management already. not even been 24 hours yet and you are already crying... LOL this is great fun no matter they do, watching your reaction is priceless..

You mean, watching me laugh at you and your retarded insanity and lies? OK, if it gets you off, here you go.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....:lol::badgrin::lmao::D::lmao::funnyface::lmao::laugh::asshole:......ROTFLMAO......you poor stupid busted liar...

Or do you mean me pointing out your lies and fraudulent claims that are now so very obvious for all to see? Like here and here.

Have fun, fruitcake. Rave on....

And please keep on holding your breath waiting for your fantasies to somehow manifest in the real world. LOLOLOLOL

Btw, I have a ticket in their service and support system. Seems its been bumped up to management already. not even been 24 hours yet and you are already crying... LOL this is great fun no matter they do, watching your reaction is priceless..

You mean, watching me laugh at you and your retarded insanity and lies? OK, if it gets you off, here you go.....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....:lol::badgrin::lmao::D::lmao::funnyface::lmao::laugh::asshole:......ROTFLMAO......you poor stupid busted liar...

Or do you mean me pointing out your lies and fraudulent claims that are now so very obvious for all to see? Like here and here.

Have fun, fruitcake. Rave on....

And please keep on holding your breath waiting for your fantasies to somehow manifest in the real world. LOLOLOLOL

Cry pretty now... Go smiley crazy throw a hissy fit...:lol:

I got this in my email inbox a bit ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
VigLink - Log In

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

hannah, Oct-17 02:54 pm (PDT):

Hi ...,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Could you let me know what site and post you're talking about so we can look into this further?

Thanks!

Best,

Hannah

Hannah Gilula
| support@viglink .com
Affiliate Every Link on the Web with VigLink
Customer Success Manager | VigLink

*Link Insertion has launched! Go to the new "Features" tab in your VigLink account to activate this new feature and increase your revenue!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems they do have issue with it... Now since I am not by nature a rat, i will leave it. You are not worth any feelings I may have later of whether or not you making your pennies was harming me. Frankly it wouldn't bother me if you were legit, but you aren't and I did what I said I was going to do. I go any further and I am a rat, don't like that idea so now if you get busted breaking their rules or FTC codes, you won't be able to blame anybody but yourself. I did the right thing and made people aware there those abusing the service and I even warned you of your actions being misuse and illegal. So my job is done.

So from here on out I will warn everyone I am in a thread with, whenever you post a link, about what you are doing and how you could be using an affiliated link to get them to make you money. Soon you will get busted by viglink, the forum you are in at the time, or the FTC, you are too much an egomaniac not to. And then you will be their problem.

Frankly I wouldn't doubt if they don't start forcing tracking cookie code into members cache specifically to counter this sort of thing. After all its their money and reputation on the line as well as that of their customers. Bottom line is you can't post google ads in posts, so this is a no-no too. If you are hot-linking from/through a service that uses viglink code you are not authorized to use, you are in essence #1 helping another get paid for nothing and #2 killing bandwidth and in essence stealing from viglink.

And if it weren't bad enough you continue to deny the codes existence in your links when its there beyond a shadow of a doubt. if its not yours, and you didn't know about it, saying would have been in order but instead you try and claim its not there. That tells me its yours, you know about it, and your behavior in all of this shows that you are desperate to hide its existence. If it weren't yours why would you deny it being there? Are you that stupid or just that pathetic? You know its there, you use their service in a way that you know they do not allow that is the only reason you would try so desperately to hide it despite all being able to see it when they click on your link.

Now good day to you trolling blunder, but do not try hot-linking or affiliate linking around me again, otherwise I will make sure people know it.

Last edited:
I got this in my email inbox a bit ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
VigLink - Log In

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

hannah, Oct-17 02:54 pm (PDT):

Hi ...,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Could you let me know what site and post you're talking about so we can look into this further?

Thanks!

Best,

Hannah

Hannah Gilula
| support@viglink .com
Affiliate Every Link on the Web with VigLink
Customer Success Manager | VigLink

*Link Insertion has launched! Go to the new "Features" tab in your VigLink account to activate this new feature and increase your revenue!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems they do have issue with it... Now since I am not by nature a rat, i will leave it. You are not worth any feelings I may have later of whether or not you making your pennies was harming me. Frankly it wouldn't bother me if you were legit, but you aren't and I did what I said I was going to do. I go any further and I am a rat, don't like that idea so now if you get busted breaking their rules or FTC codes, you won't be able to blame anybody but yourself. I did the right thing and made people aware there those abusing the service and I even warned you of your actions being misuse and illegal. So my job is done.

So from here on out I will warn everyone I am in a thread with, whenever you post a link, about what you are doing and how you could be using an affiliated link to get them to make you money. Soon you will get busted by viglink, the forum you are in at the time, or the FTC, you are too much an egomaniac not to. And then you will be their problem.

Frankly I wouldn't doubt if they don't start forcing tracking cookie code into members cache specifically to counter this sort of thing. After all its their money and reputation on the line as well as that of their customers. Bottom line is you can't post google ads in posts, so this is a no-no too. If you are hot-linking from/through a service that uses viglink code you are not authorized to use, you are in essence #1 helping another get paid for nothing and #2 killing bandwidth and in essence stealing from viglink.

And if it weren't bad enough you continue to deny the codes existence in your links when its there beyond a shadow of a doubt. if its not yours, and you didn't know about it, saying would have been in order but instead you try and claim its not there. That tells me its yours, you know about it, and your behavior in all of this shows that you are desperate to hide its existence. If it weren't yours why would you deny it being there? Are you that stupid or just that pathetic? You know its there, you use their service in a way that you know they do not allow that is the only reason you would try so desperately to hide it despite all being able to see it when they click on your link.

Now good day to you trolling blunder, but do not try hot-linking or affiliate linking around me again, otherwise I will make sure people know it.

w0w.........how gay is that?

Funny though GSlack........this phoney Thunder? Falls all over himself pushing this far left crap and NONE of it is working.
After next year........we got the Varsity back in there FTW!!!

Here's a very recent article about some research done on the melting glaciers of the Andes and their contribution to sea level rise.

Mountain glaciers in the Andes are melting the fastest in 350 years

Melting mountain glaciers are making sea levels rise faster now than at any time in the last 350 years, according to new research. Universities at Aberystwyth, Exeter and Stockholm looked at longer timescales than usual for their study.
Merco Press
April 5th 2011
(excerpts)

They mapped changes in 270 of the largest glaciers between Chile and Argentina since the “Little Ice Age”. Studies showed glaciers have lost volume on average “10 to 100 times faster” in the last 30 years. The rapid melt rate is linked to their contribution to global sea level. The new research was published in the journal Nature Geoscience on Sunday. Their survey centred on remotely sensed images of outlet glaciers of the south and north Patagonian icefields, but used longer timescales than previous studies. The glaciers straddle the Andes, on the border between Chile and Argentina. The northern icefield extends for nearly 200 km and covers a surface of 4,200 square km, while the southern icefield is more than 350km long, covering 13,000 square km.

Lead author, Professor Neil Glasser of Aberystwyth University, said: “Previous estimates of sea-level contribution from mountain glaciers are based on very short timescales. ”They cover only the last 30 years or so when satellite images can be used to calculate rates of glacier volume change. We took a different approach by using a new method that allows us to look at longer timescales”. Their calculations showed that in recent years the mountain glaciers have rapidly increased their melt rate and thus their contribution to global sea level. Dr Stephen Harrison of the University of Exeter, added: ”The work is significant because it is the first time anyone has made a direct estimate of the sea-level contribution from glaciers since the peak of the industrial revolution (between 1750-1850)“ He said their results showed that estimates taken a decade ago of rates of glacier contribution to sea-level rise are ”well above” the long-term averages, which cover 1650/1750 to 2010 and 1870-2010.

© Copyright 1997-2011 MercoPress.

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

Here's a very recent article about some research done on the melting glaciers of the Andes and their contribution to sea level rise.

Mountain glaciers in the Andes are melting the fastest in 350 years

Melting mountain glaciers are making sea levels rise faster now than at any time in the last 350 years, according to new research. Universities at Aberystwyth, Exeter and Stockholm looked at longer timescales than usual for their study.
Merco Press
April 5th 2011
(excerpts)

They mapped changes in 270 of the largest glaciers between Chile and Argentina since the “Little Ice Age”. Studies showed glaciers have lost volume on average “10 to 100 times faster” in the last 30 years. The rapid melt rate is linked to their contribution to global sea level. The new research was published in the journal Nature Geoscience on Sunday. Their survey centred on remotely sensed images of outlet glaciers of the south and north Patagonian icefields, but used longer timescales than previous studies. The glaciers straddle the Andes, on the border between Chile and Argentina. The northern icefield extends for nearly 200 km and covers a surface of 4,200 square km, while the southern icefield is more than 350km long, covering 13,000 square km.

Lead author, Professor Neil Glasser of Aberystwyth University, said: “Previous estimates of sea-level contribution from mountain glaciers are based on very short timescales. ”They cover only the last 30 years or so when satellite images can be used to calculate rates of glacier volume change. We took a different approach by using a new method that allows us to look at longer timescales”. Their calculations showed that in recent years the mountain glaciers have rapidly increased their melt rate and thus their contribution to global sea level. Dr Stephen Harrison of the University of Exeter, added: ”The work is significant because it is the first time anyone has made a direct estimate of the sea-level contribution from glaciers since the peak of the industrial revolution (between 1750-1850)“ He said their results showed that estimates taken a decade ago of rates of glacier contribution to sea-level rise are ”well above” the long-term averages, which cover 1650/1750 to 2010 and 1870-2010.

© Copyright 1997-2011 MercoPress.

(In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.)

Here is a very recent link address for the link you just posted...

tp://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence-9.html&v=1&libid=1318960638584&out=http%3A%2F%2Fen.mercopress.com%2F2011%2F04%2F05%2Fmountain-glaciers-in-the-andes-are-melting-the-fastest-in-350-years&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence.html&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20Page%209%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Mountain%20glaciers%20in%20the%20Andes%20are%20melting%20the%20fastest%20in%20350%20years&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13189606432411]Mountain[/url] glaciers in the Andes are melting the fastest in 350 years — MercoPress[/url]

tp://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence-9.html&v=1&libid=1318960638584&out=http%3A%2F%2Fen.mercopress.com%2F2011%2F04%2F05%2Fmountain-glaciers-in-the-andes-are-melting-the-fastest-in-350-years&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence.html&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20Page%209%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Mountain%20glaciers%20in%20the%20Andes%20are%20melting%20the%20fastest%20in%20350%20years&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13189606432411]Mountain[/url] glaciers in the Andes are melting the fastest in 350 years — MercoPress[/url]

Are you slackjawed's sockpuppet? Seriously.

I went and asked two different friends to get on this forum and check my link code and both of them found only a straight link to the site I was quoting. So it's not some code on my computer that is masking the links from me when I look for them (or inserting them when I post). So, I guess I have to ask, where did you get that supposed "very recent link address"? I have tried, and my friends tried, to find it and we can't dig it out of the links at all. If we right click and hit 'copy link location' or 'copy address' (depending on browser) and then go copy it somewhere, there is only the direct link. How are you generating that mess you just posted? How is this code supposedly being hidden? If you hit 'quote' on a post, you can see all of the code in that post. How am I supposedly hiding it on the forum's server so it is invisible?

Unless you can demonstrate a method of retrieving that supposed hidden code, I will have to assume that you are just bullshyting us and your post is another troll attack.

I went and asked two different friends to get on this forum and check my link code and both of them found only a straight link to the site I was quoting. So it's not some code on my computer that is masking the links from me when I look for them (or inserting them when I post). So, I guess I have to ask, where did you get that supposed "very recent link address"? I have tried, and my friends tried, to find it and we can't dig it out of the links at all. If we right click and hit 'copy link location' or 'copy address' (depending on browser) and then go copy it somewhere, there is only the direct link. How are you generating that mess you just posted? How is this code supposedly being hidden? If you hit 'quote' on a post, you can see all of the code in that post. How am I supposedly hiding it on the forum's server so it is invisible?

Unless you can demonstrate a method of retrieving that supposed hidden code, I will have to assume that you are just bullshyting us and your post is another troll attack.

I see it too.

//api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence-9.html&v=1&libid=1318963991311&out=http%3A%2F%2Fen.mercopress.com%2F2011%2F04%2F05%2Fmountain-glaciers-in-the-andes-are-melting-the-fastest-in-350-years&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fusercp.php&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20Page%209%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Mountain%20glaciers%20in%20the%20Andes%20are%20melting%20the%20fastest%20in%20350%20years&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13189639915991

I use Opera as my browser. I copied the link location, and pasted it into notepad, and that was the result I got. I also did it with Internet Exploder (yuck) and got the very same link address.

Sorry you can't see the same thing we are seeing. But you probably should run some anti-malware programs to try to get that crap of your machine. It's probably sending info to someone that to really don't want anyone to know about you.

Why so worried? If you aren't misusing their software you are fine, if you are just hot-linking from a service or software and their links happen to be there, then that just makes you lazy and lame as well as irresponsible. ya know I find it completely telling in the way you reacted to this. Crying and screaming across multiple threads and your continued use of word play to hide your links code. Even when another poster saw the same thing you called him a liar as well and continued your rant...:lol:

Now go on and play your little game until you are busted or mom kicks your ass out...:lol:

Just went through the first three pages of Rolling Thunders links. These are the kind of links that I saw;

BBC News - Rivers of ice: Vanishing glaciers

G-string, I bet someone has hacked your computer and is making money off of you. Why don't you check on all the links on this board and see what you get. If it comes up that it is in your computer, you owe Rolling Thunder an apology and a vote of thanks for finding that your security has been breached.

LOL so 3 more people... Like I said you're either using viglink or you're hot-linking from someone who is, both are douchebag tactics, and at least one will get you in trouble with more than a web forum poster or two..

OLDSOCKS: I run Linux on my PC. Do you know what that is? No of course not, well to make it simple for you its virus free. Its not windows and doesn't run windows apps or anything.. matter of fact if I were to download a program or exe or zip, or even a damn infected jpeg it wouldn't do anything. It would be just wasted, useless code with nothing to run on or attach to. There are many other reasons why malware in linux is not going to happen but you wouldn't understand it anyway or even care to.

Now I guess there is no need to ask who at least one of the "friends" he asked to check the code is... The other two were kornhole and one of your respective clones...LOL

http://en.mercopress.com/2011/04/05/mountain-glaciers-in-the-andes-are-melting-the-fastest-in-350-

Don't care what you run, G-string. I right click on that site and go to properties, and that is what I get. No vig link at all.

Socks what browser do you run? If you run google chrome (like me) right click on the link and in the menu that pops up select "copy link address" then open notepad or your plain text editor (mine is Gedit) and paste.. That prevents link masking or automatic stripping of code from a link when you select it. As I said before its in meta tags that call a script, you will not see them in simply clicking properties.. I said this before..

If you run Firefox right click the link and then from the pop up menu select "send link" that will copy and paste the entire code to an email using your preferred email client or software. Don't send the email or anything just look at the mess it will put in the email message boddy.

There are other ways like running a simple script blocking plugin or using webmaster tools to check the source for script calls. Thes ways are the quickest and easiest..

Try them and you will see what I (and now others) are saying is the truth. If you don't want to believe me just follow those simple instructions yourself, just as I told you, you will see the code... You will see this...

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence-10.html&v=1&libid=1319001765294&out=http%3A%2F%2Fen.mercopress.com%2F2011%2F04%2F05%2Fmountain-glaciers-in-the-andes-are-melting-the-fastest-in-350-&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence-9.html&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20Page%2010%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fen.mercopress.com%2F2011%2F04%2F05%2F...astest-in-350-&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13190017699231"

Houston, we have a problem...

Here's some of the latest finding on the deterioration of the Arctic ice cap from one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers, Dr. Stefan Rahmstorf , Professor of Physics of the Oceans at Potsdam University and Department Head at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research. He warns of the inevitable consequences to the Arctic and to sea levels if mankind does not take swift action to drastically reduce carbon emissions.

The Vanishing Arctic
Stefan Rahmstorf
2011-10-17
(excerpts)

BERLIN – Largely unnoticed, a silent drama has been unfolding over the past weeks in the Arctic. The long-term consequences will far outstrip those of the international debt crisis or the demise of the Libyan dictatorship, the news stories now commanding media attention. The drama – more accurately, a tragedy – playing out in the North is the rapid disappearance of the polar ice cap, the Arctic Ocean’s defining feature. In September, the sea-ice cover on the Arctic Ocean melted all the way back to the record-low level recorded in September 2007. At 4.4 million square kilometers, it was the smallest ice cover since satellite observations began 40 years ago, with 40% less ice than in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Back in 2007, the record low stunned climate scientists, who considered it an outlier in an otherwise much slower decline in sea-ice cover. We blamed unusual wind conditions in the Arctic that year. But satellite data since then have proven us wrong. This year, we reached the same low level without exceptional wind conditions. It is now clear that we are not just seeing a steady decline of sea-ice cover, but a rapidly accelerating decline.

If this continues, we will probably see an ice-free North Pole within the next 10-20 years. Yes, that sounds shocking. But there is good reason to fear that the rate of decline will indeed continue to rise, and that satellite images of a blue polar ocean will grace the covers of news magazines sooner rather than later. The reason is that the ice is also getting thinner. This is harder to measure than the area of ice cover, which is easily viewed by satellites. But various data, including measurements from ships and aircraft, confirm that the ice has thinned by roughly half since the 1980’s. This also makes physical sense, given the rapid warming in the Arctic. If the ice cover simultaneously shrinks and gets thinner, then the shrinkage in area is first steady but then accelerates towards the end, when the remaining ice becomes ever thinner and more vulnerable to melting. This is what I fear is happening now. Yearly estimates show that 2011 set an all-time low for overall ice volume – which is computed from area and thickness – in the Arctic Ocean. Ice volume is already down to about one-third of what it was in the 1980’s. If the downward trend in ice volume of the past 20 years merely continues at a constant pace, practically no ice will be left in 10-15 years.

This loss of ice will not only turn the Arctic ecosystem upside down, affecting many animals that are adapted to a life with sea ice. It will affect all of us. If the Arctic ice disappears in the summer months, we will lose a giant mirror that reflects solar heat back into space and helps keep the planet cool. The ice loss will amplify global warming and upset weather patterns. But the ice loss will amplify warming especially in the Arctic – indeed, this is already happening. Moreover, disproportionate Arctic warming is already affecting one of the most important components of the global climate system: the Greenland Ice Sheet. If this giant structure melts, sea levels worldwide would rise by about seven meters. And this melting, it appears, has already begun. As NASA data revealed earlier this year, the Greenland Ice Sheet is losing mass at an accelerating pace. As tide gauges from around the world show, sea levels are indeed rising. The warmer it gets, the faster the sea rises. While sea level was nearly constant for centuries after the Middle Ages, it rose at an average rate of almost two centimeters per decade during the twentieth century. Over the past two decades, the rate has exceeded three centimeters per decade. While future sea level is hard to predict, most experts would agree that unabated global warming could lead in the coming centuries to a rise measured in meters, threatening the very existence of many coastal cities and entire island nations. Already at the end of this century, sea level could well be one meter higher than it is now, unless we act rapidly and decisively to curb our greenhouse-gas emissions.

Copyright: Project Syndicate, 2011.

TRoll, ya just flat know better by now ... Seriously you don't think I will not check your source? I always do first thing...Are you this thick or are you an agent of disinformation playing ECO-mentalist?

Your article you claimed "Here's some of the latest finding on the deterioration of the Arctic ice cap from one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers,..."

Really? Well lets check that shall we?

Well according to wikkipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Rahmstorf said:
wikkipedia]

Stefan Rahmstorf (born 22 February 1960) is a German oceanographer and climatologist. Since 2000, he has been a Professor of Physics of the Oceans at Potsdam University. He received his Ph.D. in oceanography from Victoria University of Wellington (1990). His work focuses on the role of ocean currents in climate change.[1]
He was one of the lead authors of the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report.[1]

So his work focuses on the role of ocean currents in climate change.. So then hes not as you put it "...one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers" LOL, maybe if ya stopped trying to sell this shit to us and just gave it as it was we may buy some of it...LOL :lol::lol:

But the fun didn't stop there kids.... Oh no, no, no...LOL It gets WAAAAY better.. The place you linked to for instance... Its an OP-ED site.. Thats right, not scientific, not news, just OP-EDS all the time...

From their about us page..

Project Syndicate - the highest quality op-ed ( opinion-editorial ) articles and commentaries

http://www.project-syndicate.org/about_us/who_we_are said:
WHO WE ARE
Project Syndicate: the world's pre-eminent source of original op-ed commentaries. A unique collaboration of distinguished opinion makers from every corner of the globe, Project Syndicate provides incisive perspectives on our changing world by those who are shaping its politics, economics, science, and culture. Exclusive, trenchant, unparalleled in scope and depth: Project Syndicate is truly A World of Ideas.

So an opinion piece from someone who is not one of the foremost arctic researchers as you called him, and a IPCC collaborator as well... I also looked and found All he writes about is Pro-AGW opinion pieces. Crap books telling people that the worlds going to end due to them, and fear mongering bullshit..

And did you look at the contributing authors list? Dude its a politicians PR rag... LOL.. My god troll, you actually read this shit? No wonder you don't leave your moms basement, probably too scared to by the time you get done reading shit like this ..LOL

So once again, you lied.. He's not one of the foremost arctic researchers. hes one of the IPCC's paid stooges who drum up all the scary bullshit that gets shot down soon as it comes out. He is a pseudo-scientist in my opinion, but even if hes not, he still isn't one of the foremost arctic researchers...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Too much...:lol:

Here is what I get for your Project Syndicate link, gslack.

//api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F86284-arctic-ice-thins-dramatically-117.html&v=1&libid=1319004142260&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.project-syndicate.org%2Fabout_us%2Fwho_we_are&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fcmps_index.php%3Fpageid%3Dactive_topics&title=Arctic%20ice%20thins%20dramatically%20-%20Page%20117%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Project%20Syndicate%20-%20the%20highest%20quality%20op-ed%20(%20opinion-editorial%20)%20articles%20and%20commentaries&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13190041614701

Maybe it's the board doing it? :dunno:

Houston, we have a problem...

Here's some of the latest finding on the deterioration of the Arctic ice cap from one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers, Dr. Stefan Rahmstorf , Professor of Physics of the Oceans at Potsdam University and Department Head at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research. He warns of the inevitable consequences to the Arctic and to sea levels if mankind does not take swift action to drastically reduce carbon emissions.

The Vanishing Arctic
Stefan Rahmstorf
2011-10-17
(excerpts)

BERLIN – Largely unnoticed, a silent drama has been unfolding over the past weeks in the Arctic. The long-term consequences will far outstrip those of the international debt crisis or the demise of the Libyan dictatorship, the news stories now commanding media attention. The drama – more accurately, a tragedy – playing out in the North is the rapid disappearance of the polar ice cap, the Arctic Ocean’s defining feature. In September, the sea-ice cover on the Arctic Ocean melted all the way back to the record-low level recorded in September 2007. At 4.4 million square kilometers, it was the smallest ice cover since satellite observations began 40 years ago, with 40% less ice than in the 1970’s and 1980’s. Back in 2007, the record low stunned climate scientists, who considered it an outlier in an otherwise much slower decline in sea-ice cover. We blamed unusual wind conditions in the Arctic that year. But satellite data since then have proven us wrong. This year, we reached the same low level without exceptional wind conditions. It is now clear that we are not just seeing a steady decline of sea-ice cover, but a rapidly accelerating decline.

If this continues, we will probably see an ice-free North Pole within the next 10-20 years. Yes, that sounds shocking. But there is good reason to fear that the rate of decline will indeed continue to rise, and that satellite images of a blue polar ocean will grace the covers of news magazines sooner rather than later. The reason is that the ice is also getting thinner. This is harder to measure than the area of ice cover, which is easily viewed by satellites. But various data, including measurements from ships and aircraft, confirm that the ice has thinned by roughly half since the 1980’s. This also makes physical sense, given the rapid warming in the Arctic. If the ice cover simultaneously shrinks and gets thinner, then the shrinkage in area is first steady but then accelerates towards the end, when the remaining ice becomes ever thinner and more vulnerable to melting. This is what I fear is happening now. Yearly estimates show that 2011 set an all-time low for overall ice volume – which is computed from area and thickness – in the Arctic Ocean. Ice volume is already down to about one-third of what it was in the 1980’s. If the downward trend in ice volume of the past 20 years merely continues at a constant pace, practically no ice will be left in 10-15 years.

This loss of ice will not only turn the Arctic ecosystem upside down, affecting many animals that are adapted to a life with sea ice. It will affect all of us. If the Arctic ice disappears in the summer months, we will lose a giant mirror that reflects solar heat back into space and helps keep the planet cool. The ice loss will amplify global warming and upset weather patterns. But the ice loss will amplify warming especially in the Arctic – indeed, this is already happening. Moreover, disproportionate Arctic warming is already affecting one of the most important components of the global climate system: the Greenland Ice Sheet. If this giant structure melts, sea levels worldwide would rise by about seven meters. And this melting, it appears, has already begun. As NASA data revealed earlier this year, the Greenland Ice Sheet is losing mass at an accelerating pace. As tide gauges from around the world show, sea levels are indeed rising. The warmer it gets, the faster the sea rises. While sea level was nearly constant for centuries after the Middle Ages, it rose at an average rate of almost two centimeters per decade during the twentieth century. Over the past two decades, the rate has exceeded three centimeters per decade. While future sea level is hard to predict, most experts would agree that unabated global warming could lead in the coming centuries to a rise measured in meters, threatening the very existence of many coastal cities and entire island nations. Already at the end of this century, sea level could well be one meter higher than it is now, unless we act rapidly and decisively to curb our greenhouse-gas emissions.

Copyright: Project Syndicate, 2011.

TRoll, ya just flat know better by now ... Seriously you don't think I will not check your source? I always do first thing...Are you this thick or are you an agent of disinformation playing ECO-mentalist?

Your article you claimed "Here's some of the latest finding on the deterioration of the Arctic ice cap from one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers,..."

Really? Well lets check that shall we?

Well according to wikkipedia

So his work focuses on the role of ocean currents in climate change.. So then hes not as you put it "...one of the world's foremost Arctic researchers" LOL, maybe if ya stopped trying to sell this shit to us and just gave it as it was we may buy some of it...LOL :lol::lol:

But the fun didn't stop there kids.... Oh no, no, no...LOL It gets WAAAAY better.. The place you linked to for instance... Its an OP-ED site.. Thats right, not scientific, not news, just OP-EDS all the time...

From their about us page..

Project Syndicate - the highest quality op-ed ( opinion-editorial ) articles and commentaries

So an opinion piece from someone who is not one of the foremost arctic researchers as you called him, and a IPCC collaborator as well... I also looked and found All he writes about is Pro-AGW opinion pieces. Crap books telling people that the worlds going to end due to them, and fear mongering bullshit..

And did you look at the contributing authors list? Dude its a politicians PR rag... LOL.. My god troll, you actually read this shit? No wonder you don't leave your moms basement, probably too scared to by the time you get done reading shit like this ..LOL

So once again, you lied.. He's not one of the foremost arctic researchers. hes one of the IPCC's paid stooges who drum up all the scary bullshit that gets shot down soon as it comes out. He is a pseudo-scientist in my opinion, but even if hes not, he still isn't one of the foremost arctic researchers...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Too much...:lol:

Here is what I get for your Project Syndicate link, gslack.

//api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F86284-arctic-ice-thins-dramatically-117.html&v=1&libid=1319004142260&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.project-syndicate.org%2Fabout_us%2Fwho_we_are&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fcmps_index.php%3Fpageid%3Dactive_topics&title=Arctic%20ice%20thins%20dramatically%20-%20Page%20117%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Project%20Syndicate%20-%20the%20highest%20quality%20op-ed%20(%20opinion-editorial%20)%20articles%20and%20commentaries&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13190041614701

Maybe it's the board doing it? :dunno:

I got that link from trolls original link... But that does pose a bigger issue.. If that site uses viglink, and its on all their links, than troll may just be the sap rather than the perpetrator. As I said before he could be the unwitting user who gets hit with it by the sites he frequently posts from. I asked him about this and he replied by claiming the code wasn't there...

I asked him several times to look and see for himself and he kept adamantly claiming I was making it up. Well if hes not using it directly he uses sites that do use it directly. Which again I said before, which again he denied doing at all...

If viglink is used by sites he frequents and he is not using it directly, then he has nothing to worry about other than allowing sites to make a penny from his posting habits. Which I said as much before. he went into a fit upon the mention of any of this rather than looking for himself.

As I said either hes using it directly or he is linking or hot-linking to sites or services that do. I said this many many times... I am pretty sure the link to the source grabbed the script as it shows in the inspector I run, and they wouldn't call the same script twice on one post it would cause a conflict. So one script call to the same script per post per site. But thats not my area of expertise. So I really can't be sure how it works without more from viglink on it and they are tight-lipped other than to want to know the who, what, and where desperately..

If troll isn't doing it himself directly through viglink hes the unwitting accomplice by spreading the links.. Again I said this many many times.

UPDATE TO PREVIOUS POST:

I just went to his originally posted articles link. By using his link I got viglink code. However by googling the sites name "project syndicate" and going to it from the google link (which uses viglink in its ads sometimes) the code is not there at all.. Nor is it on the pages he sent us to or the one I liked to from following his link....

Please do this yourself to make sure I am correct... google the sites name "project syndicate" and then click on the link from the google search and see for yourself there will be no viglink redirect in your address bar. this is not the case when using his link or the link I got from his link...

EDIT: Viglink isn't supposed to be used on a websites URL directly, just in the link to that site. For instance a guy runs a electronics blog and he uses viglink on his articles links. You can go to his site from google without the code there, but you cant go directly to one of his articles from another site without the code. Follow me? he wont put the code on his site's URL link, but puts it in links to his site from others. or calls to a script as it where. So not sure exactly how, but something is funny here..The codes not there when you go there and check their links, but by going there from here using trolls link and mine I got from his link, the code is there...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back