Vandalism at the cemetary on the Mt of Olives

teddyearp

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2014
Pinetop, AZ
I think that this is just going too far.

Several weeks ago, the gravestone of the Hassidic leader, the Grand Rebbe of Modzitz, Rabbi Yisrael Dan Taub was destroyed, along with the gravestones of dozens of others, including several well-known rabbis.

Vandalism at the Mount of Olives cemetery is a rampant problem. In the past, Jewish visitors have filed hundreds of complaints regarding rock-throwing attacks by Arabs, and vandalism of the graves of loved ones.

I do not condone the title of the article, well I do some . . . Link: Terrorists Control Portion of Mount of Olives - Inside Israel - News - Arutz Sheva

I will say this. When I was in Israel in Oct 2011, the Arabs up on the Mt of Olives were some pushy people.

Way some gravesites of Rebbes become places of worship kinda justifies their destruction. When religious leaders become the focus of ANY worship it breaks the 1st Commandment. Chabad has portraits of their Rebbe that come really close to idolatry, along with gravesites. Wouldn't automatically blame Arabs or Muslims. Could be frum Jews.

Forum List

Back