Valentine's Day Gift Advice For Men

I'm guilty of the six foot bear. But than my wife is impossible to shop for,she doesnt like jewelry or chocolate,she doesnt mind roses but how many times can you do that before it gets stale? We go out to dinner constantly but she doesnt care for the suit and tie places so a fancy dinner is out.
After damn near twenty five years you just run out of options and the bear is a desperation move.:dunno:

You poor man.

If she has plenty of stuff - then how about a gift certificate for a spa day?

Not her cup of tea either.
We generally dont buy each other gifts because neither of us want or need anything we dont already have.
Really the only moments we found special were the times at the weekend place we sold in preparation for her pending retirement so we'll have more options.
To tell you the truth the thing we enjoy the most these days is talking and planning our pending retirement options,because just being together is what really makes us both happy.

I've bought my girlfriend a new bag and a belt. Do you think she'll appreciate it? Her vacuum cleaner should work a lot better once they've been fitted.

I think that's a gift for people who have been married . . . forever and the romance has kind of faded. :D

Personally, I find it very romantic when a man helps out around the house. It's nice to be taken care of that way.

Getting treated by him to a nice home-cooked meal (as long as his cooking isn't TOO atrocious) would be a nice thoughtful gift too.

I make a mean chocolate fondue for dipping bacon strips.

:lol: Does that count as dinner?

I'm guilty of the six foot bear. But than my wife is impossible to shop for,she doesnt like jewelry or chocolate,she doesnt mind roses but how many times can you do that before it gets stale? We go out to dinner constantly but she doesnt care for the suit and tie places so a fancy dinner is out.
After damn near twenty five years you just run out of options and the bear is a desperation move.:dunno:

You poor man.

We generally dont buy each other gifts because neither of us want or need anything we dont already have.
Really the only moments we found special were the times at the weekend place we sold in preparation for her pending retirement so we'll have more options.
To tell you the truth the thing we enjoy the most these days is talking and planning our pending retirement options,because just being together is what really makes us both happy.

Aww. That's so sweet. :)

I've bought my girlfriend a new bag and a belt. Do you think she'll appreciate it? Her vacuum cleaner should work a lot better once they've been fitted.

I think that's a gift for people who have been married . . . forever and the romance has kind of faded. :D

Personally, I find it very romantic when a man helps out around the house. It's nice to be taken care of that way.

Getting treated by him to a nice home-cooked meal (as long as his cooking isn't TOO atrocious) would be a nice thoughtful gift too.

:lol: Does that count as dinner?
my version of three hots then a squat in front of an open grill with the transistor radio playing my favorite AM station.

I have to wonder why on earth you would buy your girlfriend such a gift? Don't you love her?

Even though I said I would be grateful for the thought, that means that SOME thoughtfulness was put into the gift at least. Lol. A vacuum cleaner bag and belt? Holy crap.

Funny you should say that. My girlfriend asked me if I loved her the other day.
'Of course', I said.
'Then whisper something soft and sweet in my ear', she said.
So, in my best sexy voice I whispered 'Lemon meringue pie.'

Thats out for me. If we dont go out I do the cooking.
She does the cleaning afterwards but I dont think me doing the dishes is gonna cut it.

I have to wonder why on earth you would buy your girlfriend such a gift? Don't you love her?

Even though I said I would be grateful for the thought, that means that SOME thoughtfulness was put into the gift at least. Lol. A vacuum cleaner bag and belt? Holy crap.

Funny you should say that. My girlfriend asked me if I loved her the other day.
'Of course', I said.
'Then whisper something soft and sweet in my ear', she said.
So, in my best sexy voice I whispered 'Lemon meringue pie.'

:lol: My God, you are just a regular Casanova!

She does the cleaning afterwards but I dont think me doing the dishes is gonna cut it.

Well, you could always make her favorite meal and light some candles, play some nice music, and have everything set up for her when she walks into the room! :) Then, lovemaking. :lol:

You poor man.

Yeah...and it's true because I dont have it in me to be so sappy.:lol:

Well, you could always make her favorite meal and light some candles, play some nice music, and have everything set up for her when she walks into the room! :) Then, lovemaking. :lol:

Yeah,buts thats like most nights minus the candles.:up:
I suppose we could spice it up a little...:whip::lol:

I bet you do. Did you create that bacon bra as well? Haha!

I bet you do. Did you create that bacon bra as well? Haha!

Yes with my bare hands too. Needed to measure and size things just right.;):p

Unless you have a huugge home, let us know when that bear vanishes into thin air, will ya? ;)

You poor man.

Oh my! :0

Yeah,buts thats like most nights minus the candles.:up:
I suppose we could spice it up a little...:whip::lol:

Unless you have a huugge home, let us know when that bear vanishes into thin air, will ya? ;)

You poor man.

Well, you can always sit on your bed or on your bureau I suppose. Still, it is HUGE! :lol: It might be nice to cuddle up with on the floor watching a movie or something, but that's what the boyfriend is for, right? :D

Forum List

Back