"Vacations,leisure is gone" Obama 2008...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
“The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do”
and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.
When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, “Sure.”

Weasel Zippers used the quote to criticize Obama, saying he “then proceeded to hit the golf course 186 times (and counting).”
The president has also been criticized for taking a vacation to Martha’s Vineyard while international crises are occurring.

FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [VIDEO] | The Daily Caller

Why should we be surprised that Obama can so easily make pledges, promises.. that he so easily breaks!

After all how often have we heard "I'm my brother's keeper"... while his OWN brother lives in a $12/year hut!

a) “In an Obama administration, we’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year….. We’ll do it by the end of my first term as President of the United States.”
Obamacare Will Increase Health Spending By $7,450 For A Typical Family of Four - Forbes

b)Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

All you Obama defenders... HOW can you continue to defend this congenital liar?
The only reason is that you defenders are just like him! Two faced. Ready to say anything. Promise anything...
For most of you that voted for him out of complete ignorance the first time SHAME on Obama... BUT those that voted the second time!
SHAME ON YOU!!! YOU are really really suckers!

If there every was a real life replication of Nero fiddling while Rome burns this is it!

Yet even a relatively sympathetic pundit like the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank recently questioned whether it was wise for the 44th president to be tallying 180-plus rounds during his much-troubled tenure (compared with only 24 for George W. Bush in eight years), writing: “Is golf really so important that Obama is willing to handicap his political standing?”

Our Lonely First Duffer - Michael Hirsh - POLITICO Magazine

You guys can't replicate your speaking points fast enough, there is already a thread on this..

Well maybe it is because Obama defenders need to be reminded repeatedly what a putz we have for a prez!

Really is discouraging to see people like you so oblivious to this ignorant selfish say anything president.
He told Americans..
"The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Anyone at that time reading that statement should be suspicious! What a liar!

How truly sad people like Moonglow, et.al. can't really see Obama for the fraud he is!

See? Now Issa can investigate him!

Fuck that...start the impeachment hearings!

Dumbfuck.

Presidents and candidates promise many things, very few actually deliver. This one is no different, odds are the next will be no different...

Ojz071.jpg

I just can't seem to guess.

Ha! Notice how he tugged his ear when he said he had a "wonderful, forbearing wife and two gorgeous young children"?

Obama is all about Obama; he doesn't value his family like he says he does.

Ojz071.jpg

I just can't seem to guess.

You know, this may be true, but tell us...

How many times did Bush vacation in Hawaii? How many times did the daughters vacation in the Bahamas? How many times did Laura vacation abroad with the daughters? Friends?

Seems to that Bush spent his vacations in Texas, or in Maine at the family digs. Nothing that could be considered extravagant by anyone's definition.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with any President taking a vacation. I'll not complain about this one taking time off nor will I the next. But for the sake of appearances when a good portion of the U.S. is struggling, a President might want to think about cutting back just a little bit. Maybe play a municipal course, go to Camp David instead of Martha's Vineyard...

Forum List

Back