Va Primary: Gingrich, Perry fail to get on ballot.

10,000 signatures out of a state which cast 3.7 million votes in the last presidential election- and he had MONTHS -- MONTHS to do it...

and still the Fig Newton lickers think it was somebody else's fault.

:funnyface:

Newt sumbitted 12-14K signatures. This was a fix, not a fair process..

And if Newt takes this to court, he will probably prevail. The problem here is that you have a GOP that is pretty much determined it's going to cheat to get it's weird Mormon Robot nominated, rather than consider why voters aren't going for it.
Takes it to court??

Wow. The stupid just grows.

tumblr_lw0lwxaf9O1r6akeno1_500.jpg

“Who’s a bi-colored python rock snake? Why YOU’RE a bi-colored python rock snake, yes you are.”

Gingrich has ... even fewer complimentary things said about him by people who worked with him in the 1990s.

Which only means that Gingrich managed to get things done in DC but ruffled some feathers doing it.
No, it means he's a fucking asshole whom nobody likes.

Which is why he's been leading the polls, since no one likes him?

Oh, wait, you mean no one who counts (GOP bluebloods) likes him.

Sounds like more reason to vote for Newt.

You asswipes do realize that this is going to cement a lot of votres for Paul as simply the FU vote to the establishment? Right? I know several Perry voters who have said that they will vote anyone but Romney now, and I have seen it on multiple message boards. This will reverbate against Romney across the nation and if he gets the nomination despite the preference of 75% of the GOP for someone else, then the GOP will make the political pressures for a new party overwhelming.

If Romney gets it a third party effort will be huge this time. The GOP and Dems will have to jack the poll numbers from 15% to 30% to keep a third party out this year, lol.

You're a fucking idiot. Bachman, Huntsman and Santorum didn't get enough signatures. Newt paid $1.50 per signature, got over 11,000, but many were not legitimate. That's why you have to get about twice as many signatures as needed in order to make sure you have enough legitimate ones. Which Mittens and Paul did.

Its 50% above the minimum, dumbass, not 100%

You would think, as 'smart' as Newt claims to be, he would take the needed steps to get on the ballot in his own adopted state! :lol:

And as smart as you seem to think you are, you might consider paying to get 11,000+signatures 'taking a step'. lololl

Your distorted view of the world explains much if you are typical for the GOP neocons or Dem libtards these days.

How in the hell did Gingrich allow this to happen? I highly doubt he couldn't find 10K signatures in the state of VA.

What a blunder.

Perry on the other hand, probably couldn't find 10K signatures in VA.

The both had more than 10k, but Bolling and his cronies in the VA GOP machine simply tossed out enough to keep them off the ballot.

Keyes got enough in 2008 and wasnt considered a major candidate, so the GOP changed the rules this year so they could legally throw out as many signatures as they want.

But whatever happened to your respect for the voters? You really think that these ridiculous rules were meant to enable the choices for Virginian voters?

Of course not, it wasmeant to hand the state over to Romney, but he might get a huge surprise in March.

The simple fact is that to run for President you need to lay the groundwork in advance, build a network of individuals to go out and get signatures in each state where it is necessary. Everybody but Paul and Romney blew it in Virginia and this has to be a warning shot for all the others that they had best make sure they get on the states ballots that are left. Everybody knew the rules so there is no excuse. I take that back, it appears that some do not know the rules.
“Voters deserve the right to vote for any top contender, especially leading candidates,” Michael Krull, Gingrich’s campaign director, said in a statement. “We will work with the Republican Party of Virginia to pursue an aggressive write-in campaign to make sure that all the voters of Virginia are able to vote for the candidate of their choice.”
Virginia law, however, says that “no write-in shall be permitted on ballots in primary elections.” The state party’s decision is a setback for Gingrich and may benefit Romney as it underscores the campaign organization needed for a run for the White House.
Gingrich, Perry Fail to Make Virginia Primary - Bloomberg

Its not the rules that are the problem but who enforces the rules, in this case the chairman of Romneys campaign in VA enforces the rules and no one qualifies but him and the most extreme candidate left. And you think that is how things are supposed to work?

lolol

You're a fucking idiot. Bachman, Huntsman and Santorum didn't get enough signatures. Newt paid $1.50 per signature, got over 11,000, but many were not legitimate. That's why you have to get about twice as many signatures as needed in order to make sure you have enough legitimate ones. Which Mittens and Paul did.

You would think, as 'smart' as Newt claims to be, he would take the needed steps to get on the ballot in his own adopted state! :lol:

So they only people the REPUBLICAN Party lets on the ballot are Mitt and the Crazy Guy, and you don't smell a fix? Really?

I hear Mitt Romney is going to hire Tonya Harding as his campaign director. Expect a lot of broken kneecaps in the next few weeks.

No. Virginia has the strictest ballot access requirements in the nation. Every candidate is aware of this, or should be.

No, they just changed the rules this year, duh.

Romney's religion is his worst enemy. Mormons aren't Christians according to the religious right. Of course, he's the only candidate that has any chance.

Well, a couple things on that. First, you are assuming that hostility towards Mormonism is the exclusive domain of the "Religious Right". It isn't. Gallup took a poll that says that 22% of the population won't vote for a Mormon. Which, by the way, should be a good enough reason for EVERY Republican to do a double take about this guy.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

BUt if you go into the numbers, 18% of Republicans won't support a Mormon, but a whopping 27% of Democrats won't, either. The number for indepedents is 19%.

Religiously, 23% of protestants wont, with 16% of Catholics and 22% of "non-Christians".

And here's the thing. It really is a liability. Mormons believe in some truly weird stuff, and they have a really bizarre history. Things the MSM will be happy to inform us of- AFTER Romney secures the nomination.

Secondly, beyond his religion, Romney has a lot of other problems. He made his money screwing working folks, a fact Obama will not neglect to remind people of. He's stiff and robotic and generally not likable. He occassionally says insentive things like "Corporations are people, too" and "I'll bet you $10,000." and my personal favorite, 'My sons working on my campaign is serving their country".

Now if you want to argue that he's stronger than the other six dwarves, you can argue that. I think Perry would be a stronger candidate if he can rise above the media character assassination of him. I think Gingrich would be a stronger candidate because he's smart and articulate. I think both men have been sandbagged by a GOP establishment that drank the koolaid on Romney.
you understand what Hesitant means? It means that wont rule it out. nice spin
on top of that, this is a fairly old poll and people change their minds when its the lesser of two evils.

It doesnt matter as Romney will not win the general election, not so much because of who he is, Mormon or whatever, but because too many people are getting sick to death of GOP establsihment bullshit like this.

Right now I will vote for ANYONE, Obama, Paul, Trump, Rosie O'Donnel, but I will not vote for anyone that the GOP establishment is behind.

They can ESAD.

well, a couple things on that. First, you are assuming that hostility towards mormonism is the exclusive domain of the "religious right". It isn't. Gallup took a poll that says that 22% of the population won't vote for a mormon. Which, by the way, should be a good enough reason for every republican to do a double take about this guy.

in u.s., 22% are hesitant to support a mormon in 2012

but if you go into the numbers, 18% of republicans won't support a mormon, but a whopping 27% of democrats won't, either. The number for indepedents is 19%.

Religiously, 23% of protestants wont, with 16% of catholics and 22% of "non-christians".

And here's the thing. It really is a liability. Mormons believe in some truly weird stuff, and they have a really bizarre history. Things the msm will be happy to inform us of- after romney secures the nomination.

Secondly, beyond his religion, romney has a lot of other problems. He made his money screwing working folks, a fact obama will not neglect to remind people of. He's stiff and robotic and generally not likable. He occassionally says insentive things like "corporations are people, too" and "i'll bet you $10,000." and my personal favorite, 'my sons working on my campaign is serving their country".

Now if you want to argue that he's stronger than the other six dwarves, you can argue that. I think perry would be a stronger candidate if he can rise above the media character assassination of him. I think gingrich would be a stronger candidate because he's smart and articulate. I think both men have been sandbagged by a gop establishment that drank the koolaid on romney.
you understand what hesitant means? It means that wont rule it out. Nice spin
on top of that, this is a fairly old poll and people change their minds when its the lesser of two evils.

it doesnt matter as romney will not win the general election, not so much because of who he is, mormon or whatever, but because too many people are getting sick to death of gop establsihment bullshit like this.

Right now i will vote for anyone, obama, paul, trump, rosie o'donnel, but i will not vote for anyone that the gop establishment is behind.

They can esad.

your support for continued corruption is noted.

10,000 signatures out of a state which cast 3.7 million votes in the last presidential election- and he had MONTHS -- MONTHS to do it...

and still the Fig Newton lickers think it was somebody else's fault.

:funnyface:

Newt sumbitted 12-14K signatures. This was a fix, not a fair process..

And if Newt takes this to court, he will probably prevail. The problem here is that you have a GOP that is pretty much determined it's going to cheat to get it's weird Mormon Robot nominated, rather than consider why voters aren't going for it.

Exactly. Bravo.

Maybe you could give these doofuses some education.

you understand what hesitant means? It means that wont rule it out. Nice spin

it doesnt matter as romney will not win the general election, not so much because of who he is, mormon or whatever, but because too many people are getting sick to death of gop establsihment bullshit like this.

Right now i will vote for anyone, obama, paul, trump, rosie o'donnel, but i will not vote for anyone that the gop establishment is behind.

They can esad.

Dude, supporting the GOP as it bends and breaks anyrules and laws it wants to to get their annointed one on the ballot and keep all but one rival off, that is not corruption?

Yes, the whole process runs on corruption in one form or another, and most of it is far more subtle.

All you can really do these days is draw the line at how blatant the corruption can be that you are willing to ignore.

This VA ballot crosses the line as it isnt just corrupt but takes valid choices from the GOP voters and is blatantly anti-democratic.

For Christ's sake why not just have these assholes just annoint their pick 12 months before the general election and let everyone stuff it if they dont like it? Oh, because then they would have no chance inthe general election as real Americans prefer a democratic process, not this corrupt bullshit the GOP is pushing on everyone now.

The Tea Party Movement is the best chance Americans have today of taking control of Washington DC from the cronyism and coruption feeding off our tax dollars.

The GOP element that thrives on this corruption is desperate to use Romney to stop the TPM in its tracks and this is just the latest act of desperation with more and worse still to come.

Last edited:

They can esad.

Dude, supporting the GOP as it bends and breaks anyrules and laws it wants to to get their annointed one on the ballot and keep all but one rival off, that is not corruption?

Yes, the whole process runs on corruption in one form or another, and most of it is far more subtle.

All you can really do these days is draw the line at how blatant the corruption can be that you are willing to ignore.

This VA ballot crosses the line as it isnt just corrupt but takes valid choices from the GOP voters and is blatantly anti-democratic.

For Christ's sake why not just have these assholes just annoint their pick 12 months before the general election and let everyone stuff it if they dont like it? Oh, because then they would have no chance inthe general election as real Americans prefer a democratic process, not this corrupt bullshit the GOP is pushing on everyone now.

Lets clarify...................

You are getting all pissy because a State Gop changed the rules that is allowed by law, so because you are butt hurt you stated you are willing to vote for criminals.

What type of idiot does that?

And for the posters who like reading actual journalistic sources:

"Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night validating the signatures."

Gingrich, Perry disqualified from Va. primary ballot - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

lol, CNN isnt a news source when it contradicts you?

lololol
CNN was saying what Gingrich said:

"On Wednesday, Gingrich assured a crowd of supporters he had met the threshold for appearing on the ballot, saying he had gathered anywhere from 12,000 to 14,000 signatures."

There you go again with the stupid, listening to Gingrich.

This isn't something up for debate, fuckwit. The number of signatures delivered is a fixed & known number. It was 11,050.

Gingrich failed. Man enough up and accept it.

That's a pile of shit.

Gingrichs' camp only served up 11,050 signatures - ACCORDING TO THE GINGRICH CAMP.

Not enough. He fucked up. Big time.

The dude is so inept he didn't even know HIS OWN STATE of residency doesn't allow primary write-in signatures.

Stop pulling numbers out of your ass and stop blaming others for Fig Newton's failures.

You are a frigging retard.

Here is what Gingrich said:
Gingrich, Perry fail to qualify for GOP primary ballot in Virginia - CNN.com

Hell, even Keyes got on the ballot back in 2008.

The difference is that the Virginia GOP changed the proscess this year:
Virginia’s GOP Primary Ballot: Romney, Paul… And That’s It. - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

You are some kind of special stupid, aren't you?

Some do argue that trying to discuss anything with a libtard like yourself is a special kind of stupidity.

At some point in your short & putrid life here, you'll come to know when I post something, I am always ready to back it up. Never doubt me.
You will lose every time.

That is hilarious. You have been wrong twice already in this thread, so that arrogant claim you just made would make it three times. Maybe this thought you have that you define what is truthful within that peanut brainstem you have is what keeps you from learning. Guess you figure it makes no sense to read anything when you can just make it up and WALLAH! reality then bends upon itself and immediately what you say is then true.

lolol

Meanwhile, you will continue to be a blithering blame machine of spectacular proportions.

Listen up Douche: Fig Newton handed in 11,050 Ballots.

NOT 12,000 to 14,000. Your problem is: You listen to Newt.

And you quoted a different number released by his camp that came a day or so later, big frigging deal. He turned in enough to qualify as long as the invalidations were no more than the typical 10% or so.

But Bolling and his cronies changed the rules and failed to notify PErry's camp apparently as they sent the notices out to the candidate prior to PErry's announcement.

But you couldnt give a fig as you are going to support the GOP no matter who they pick or why.

YOU AND YOUR DIMWITTED KIND ARE WHY OUR NATION IS SO SCREWED UP RIGHT NOW.

And your going to hand another four years to Obama. lol congratulations, dumbshit.

That's the first indication to readers of your shit how deluded you are.

Now, I'll put it in Whack-job right wing Newsmax media presentation terms, so you can grasp the nuances of words that escape you - like OOOOOPPPPS!

So now you resort to bald-faced lies. I did not quote Newsmax, you pathetic liar.

According to the Virginia state board of elections, Gingrich made the ballot with 11,050 signatures, which is short of the 12,000 to 13,000 he said he had at an event in Arlington, Va. on Wednesday night.
Gingrich Makes Virginia Ballot; Others Miss Out

:lol:

Yeah, I guess Lt GOv Bolling who is Romney campaignchairman in VA is really giving Romney and his leash-holders all their money's worth.

But I am feeling its going to cost them more in negative publicity than anything they will get from aprimary as late as March, and they will get nothing for it if Gingrich gets the decision reversed.

And for the posters who like reading actual journalistic sources:

"Perry’s campaign told state election officials it had submitted 11,911 signatures, and Gingrich’s campaign said it submitted 11,050 signatures. State party officials spent Friday night validating the signatures."

Gingrich, Perry disqualified from Va. primary ballot - Virginia Politics - The Washington Post

lol, CNN isnt a news source when it contradicts you?

lololol
CNN was saying what Gingrich said:

"On Wednesday, Gingrich assured a crowd of supporters he had met the threshold for appearing on the ballot, saying he had gathered anywhere from 12,000 to 14,000 signatures."

There you go again with the stupid, listening to Gingrich.

This isn't something up for debate, fuckwit. The number of signatures delivered is a fixed & known number. It was 11,050.

Gingrich failed. Man enough up and accept it.

If you think its just coincidence that Romneys lackey Bolling is lt Govenor and all other candidates failed to meet the dealine but Romeny and Paul, then you are dumber than a bag of rocks.

Forum List

Back