VA investigators: Delayed care is everywhere

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Not a surprise to anyone who isn't a partisan hack.

Delaying medical care to veterans and manipulating records to hide those delays is "systemic throughout" the Department of Veterans Affairs health system, the VA's Office of Inspector General said in a preliminary report Wednesday.
"Our reviews at a growing number of VA medical facilities have thus far provided insight into the current extent of these inappropriate scheduling issues throughout the VA health care system and have confirmed that inappropriate scheduling practices" are widespread, the report said.
Investigators with the Inspector General's Office also said their probe into charges of delays in health care at a VA hospital in Phoenix shows that the care of patients was compromised.
The probe found that 1,700 veterans who are patients at the Phoenix hospital are not on any official list awaiting appointments, even though they need to see doctors. Some 1,138 veterans in Phoenix had been waiting longer than six months just to get an appointment to see their primary doctors, investigators found.

I like this one.

The Inspector General appeared to draw a direct link between delays in health care and the bonuses of about $9,000 and salary increases that hospital officials receive as a result of their performance appraisal.

This is what you get when you base performance bonuses on arbitrary goals where those receiving the bonuses have control over the data. Bureaucracy at its best.

Wow! Makes me sick to see it actually is rampant within the system.

Why the heck should bonuses even be paid??

Can someone remind me again why government run healthcare in the future (i.e. single payer) is going to be so great when the government run healthcare we have right now sucks?

Not a surprise to anyone who isn't a partisan hack.

Delaying medical care to veterans and manipulating records to hide those delays is "systemic throughout" the Department of Veterans Affairs health system, the VA's Office of Inspector General said in a preliminary report Wednesday.
"Our reviews at a growing number of VA medical facilities have thus far provided insight into the current extent of these inappropriate scheduling issues throughout the VA health care system and have confirmed that inappropriate scheduling practices" are widespread, the report said.
Investigators with the Inspector General's Office also said their probe into charges of delays in health care at a VA hospital in Phoenix shows that the care of patients was compromised.
The probe found that 1,700 veterans who are patients at the Phoenix hospital are not on any official list awaiting appointments, even though they need to see doctors. Some 1,138 veterans in Phoenix had been waiting longer than six months just to get an appointment to see their primary doctors, investigators found.

I like this one.

The Inspector General appeared to draw a direct link between delays in health care and the bonuses of about $9,000 and salary increases that hospital officials receive as a result of their performance appraisal.

VA Care Part Deux, aka Obama Hellcare, coming to a neighborhood near you.

Wait times are shorter at the VA than they are at private medical facilities.

I waited 2 weeks to get treatment for my cancer, 13 days of that was trying to get Obamacare straightened out 4 months after I first applied for it.

Did anyone see Montel Williams go off on obama? He looked ready to explode.

montel was a big obama fan

he even sold fake commemorative obama coins

early on

--LOL

Obama Collector's Coins Turn Out To Be Stickers Stuck On Regular Coins

You may have seen the commercial where Montel Williams hawks some goofy collectible coins with President Obama’s face IN FULL COLOR OMG. If you were planning on ordering some, though, watch this video from KATU 2 TV in Portland, Oregon first.* A father and daughter bought the coins and discovered that they’re just regular money with color stickers applied. One of the news anchors even comments that she could see the face on the coin through the sticker when she looked at it from the side.
The company that’s scamming them, U.S. Coin Network (uscoinnetwork.com and obamacoincollection.com), won’t let them cancel the remaining orders they placed that haven’t shipped yet, either.
We think this looks like the sort of thing the feds may want to get involved in. And if they don’t do anything about it, we’re going to go buy some new ink for the old color printer and start selling collectible Obama Pennies online.

Obama Collector's Coins Turn Out To Be Stickers Stuck On Regular Coins ? Consumerist

1700. 1700 waiting for appointments. I just had a chance to read the whole AP article. Unreal. And that's just at the Phoenix VA.

Anyone fired yet?

Last edited:
Any suggestions for solutions from the peanut gallery other than political posturing and calling for heads?

Forum List

Back