VA Deaths Proves Two Things. Liberals Won't Admit It In A Million Years

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Phoenix_VA_hospital_responds_to_serious__1524670000_4130531_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

The backlog and subsequent deaths of dozens of veterans proves a couple of things. Liberals will never admit to it either. Government inherently provides substandard service, and this administration not only knew about this, but doesn't intend to do anything about it.

There is nothing that the private sector does that government can't do in a more expensive and frustrating manner. The VA has always had a backlogged waiting list. When Obama was sworn in there was a waiting list of approximately 11,000 patients. Today there is anywhere from 200,000 to 600,000 patients waiting for benefits. Many of them are cancer patients waiting for life-saving treatment. Unfortunately 40 have died in Arizona, and dozens more have died in several other states.

There are incentives that VA workers have to meet to keep in the good graces of management. There is incentive pay, performance based salary increases, and awards for workers who meet specific quotas. It seems that fudging the records is going on, not just in Arizona but all over the country. They have discovered that some of these workers are keeping two separate lists. One special list where they put most veterans, and the real list that will be seen by their supervisors.

In order to receive incentives care providers have to process veterans in a specified time period. The incentive should be to keep your job. However, the government has temporary employees, conditional employees, and permanent employees. No matter how worthless the worker is you can't fire them as long as they show up to work and don't punch other workers out. Being a discipline problem isn't that big of a consideration. Being a lazy piece of crap isn't even a consideration. Seems this is the primary cause of the backlog. And the backlog seems to be an unintended consequence to Obama's draw-down of the military. The backlog is getting out of hand, and veterans are dying waiting on treatment. Vietnam vets are having to wait in line with all of the new patients being pushed out of active duty into the VA.

I've used the VA health care system one time. Back in the 70s I had my tonsils removed at a VA hospital in La Jolla CA. I was offered a chance to use the VA when I retired and passed. Waiting 6 months to a year to get a checkup was a bit much.

Workers should be doing jail time for allowing veterans to linger on their secret lists insiders call "Gaming Lists". Some veterans records have disappeared while on these lists. However, it looks like nothing is going to happen outside of administrative leave, which is paid leave while waiting for the dust to settle. The White House has very little to say about this other than they're mad as hell, and Eric Holder said essentially that he's waiting on the media investigation before acting, if ever. Hearings will be held, answers will not be forthcoming. The Administration will stonewall this like they do every other scandal. This will be called a fake scandal in a few weeks just like the IRS, NSA, BLM, Fast & Furious, and Benghazi scandals. All of them are still going on and nothing is being done about them. This one will have to wait in line like the rest of the Obama Administration scandals, which are fake of course.

Dude, who really cares?

I do........

-pnivarallyh.jpg20140416.jpg

Links

VA wait-list scandal: Senate, veterans to finally hear from Shinseki - CNN.com
Salary, Awards, and Recognition - VA JOBS
Some Tips for Filing a VA Disability Claim | VAntage Point

Last edited:
Yes, when you wind down a war, you are going to have a backlog of veterans.

The workers who gamed the system trying to take advantage of bonuses should go to jail.

But not to worry, you'll find some way to claim this is Obama's fault.

Maybe the VA could treat your ODS, but I suspect it's a terminal case.

A Veterans Affairs employee at the VA Medical Center in Cheyenne, Wyoming, has been placed on administrative leave after CBS News obtained an email showing an employee directing his staff on how to game the appointments system to make it appear as though veterans were being seen within the VA's 14-day directive. The email, written by Telehealth Coordinator David Newman, a registered nurse, describes how patients at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center are always listed getting appointments within a 14-day window, no matter when the appointment was first requested, and no matter how long the patient actually waited. The memo admitted, "Yes, this is gaming the system a bit..." because "when we exceed the 14 day measure, the front office gets very upset, which doesn't help us." The employee further instructs staff on how to "get off the bad boys list" by "cancelling the visit (by clinic) and then rescheduling it with a desired date within that 14 day window."​

Fact is, the administration already knew this was going on long ago......but hasn't done a thing about it.......

CBS News has learned that the VA's Office of the Medical Inspector had already investigated and substantiated claims of improper scheduling practices at the Cheyenne VAMC, sending a report to the Office of Special Counsel on December 23, 2013. It is unclear why it took five months, and an inquiry by CBS News, for the VA to take action against an employee there and order an Inspector General's investigation.​

VA Scandal: Testing and Care Rationed "Because of Dollars and Cents" - Guy Benson

1398994027000-benson-VAcoverup050214-copy.jpg

The workers who gamed the system trying to take advantage of bonuses should go to jail.

Maybe you could remove your lips from his ass long enough to put the blame where it belongs.

It's amazing how you guys feel Obama can do anything yet at the same time you claim he's powerless........

This is a managerial issue which is apparent since it is happening in multiple locations. Managers need to be fired as well as the workers who stood by and allowed this to happen. And it has to happen quickly, not take months.

Maybe you could remove your lips from his ass long enough to put the blame where it belongs.

It's amazing how you guys feel Obama can do anything yet at the same time you claim he's powerless........

obama is everything when ligs want to brag about him and nothing when they feel they need to make excuses for him. just a helpless victim of mean ol "racist" forces they Left insists they are superior to in every way

these rabid losers and excuse-makers are unclear of the concept

You know........I'm hesitant to post this. But, wtf. My grandfather is or was a WWII vet in Arizona. He was showing signs of dementia and there were two tries to get him into a facility. He was in Tucson and the closest home is in Phoenix. He was hospitalized for dehydration and finally was moved to a facility. He died two months later.

I have an uncle that has a bizarre strand of Alzheimer. He was a rocket scientist. Really. He got to the point that he was forced into retirement and he is beyond the families control. Not kidding. Someone has to stand at the front door and guard it and someone has to stand at the back door and guard it. If he makes it to the street then his behavior is so aggressive that we are worried that he may be shot. Closest VA nursing home is in Phoenix. My aunt has cancer. In order to get this guy into a nursing home she has to put her house up.

My dad is now encountering medical problems and it was hard as hell to get him to start looking into his benefits. Hell, he was doing PTSD before they even gave it a name. His was a pride issue of not having to ask for anything.

So, where am I going with this? Sanders just had legislation on the table that the R's voted down. Senate rejects bill on veterans benefits

Do NOT tell me that the liberals are the problem. You are lying your ass off in an effort to privatize that shit too. Hell you can't be trusted to take care of the vets NOW. You whip them out to show case them on special little holidays and then shit on them the rest of the year. Do not tell me you give a shit when you clearly do not.

You know........I'm hesitant to post this. But, wtf. My grandfather is or was a WWII vet in Arizona. He was showing signs of dementia and there were two tries to get him into a facility. He was in Tucson and the closest home is in Phoenix. He was hospitalized for dehydration and finally was moved to a facility. He died two months later.

I have an uncle that has a bizarre strand of Alzheimer. He was a rocket scientist. Really. He got to the point that he was forced into retirement and he is beyond the families control. Not kidding. Someone has to stand at the front door and guard it and someone has to stand at the back door and guard it. If he makes it to the street then his behavior is so aggressive that we are worried that he may be shot. Closest VA nursing home is in Phoenix. My aunt has cancer. In order to get this guy into a nursing home she has to put her house up.

My dad is now encountering medical problems and it was hard as hell to get him to start looking into his benefits. Hell, he was doing PTSD before they even gave it a name. His was a pride issue of not having to ask for anything.

So, where am I going with this? Sanders just had legislation on the table that the R's voted down. Senate rejects bill on veterans benefits

Do NOT tell me that the liberals are the problem. You are lying your ass off in an effort to privatize that shit too. Hell you can't be trusted to take care of the vets NOW. You whip them out to show case them on special little holidays and then shit on them the rest of the year. Do not tell me you give a shit when you clearly do not.

Fuck you.

I am a veteran. I am a Priority 1 Veteran (look it up)

If dimocrap scum want to introduce a spending program and can't find a way to pay for it, then why is it Republicans' fault for voting against more unfunded spending by dimocrap scum?

They can't cut a little bit in the BILLIONS they're giving away to fat women? They can't cut a little bit in the complete and utter waste of money spent on the Global Warming cult?

They can't cut some money from idiotic and stupid 'Green Energy' programs that invariably go bust?

Fuck you.

dimocrap scum need to try a little harder.

the scum of the fucking earth dimocraps KNEW that Patriotic American Republicans would object to more unfunded spending. THEY FUCKING KNEW IT!!!

And they KNEW Patriotic American Republicans would be FORCED to vote against it or be labelled 'big spenders'.

They KNEW IT!!

So they knew the bill was doomed from the beginning and they didn't care.

dimocrap scum are what they are -- the scum of the earth.

And you're a fucking idiot for backing them.

Fuck you

From your link:
"Republicans complained about how to pay for it. Sanders' legislation had more than 140 provisions costing $21 billion over 10 years.

Most of that money was to come from billions of dollars the government projected it would be allowed to spend on wars overseas in the fight against al-Qaeda.But Republicans argued that this is "phony" budgeting becasue U.S. participation in the Iraq War is over and operations in Afghanistan are winding down."

The problem with liberals is that don't understand that goods and services need to be payed for. Come up with a plan based on reality budgeting and quit blaming those that don't spend your grandkids into an early grave.

I had military dependent care all through my childhood and worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years. The problems are much more than administrative. I'd rather see the VA hospital system done away with and use that money to pay for vet services in private care. Without ObamaCare calling the shots.

From your link:
"Republicans complained about how to pay for it. Sanders' legislation had more than 140 provisions costing $21 billion over 10 years.

Most of that money was to come from billions of dollars the government projected it would be allowed to spend on wars overseas in the fight against al-Qaeda.But Republicans argued that this is "phony" budgeting becasue U.S. participation in the Iraq War is over and operations in Afghanistan are winding down."

The problem with liberals is that don't understand that goods and services need to be payed for. Come up with a plan based on reality budgeting and quit blaming those that don't spend your grandkids into an early grave.

I had military dependent care all through my childhood and worked in a VA hospital for 3.5 years. The problems are much more than administrative. I'd rather see the VA hospital system done away with and use that money to pay for vet services in private care. Without ObamaCare calling the shots.

Does anyone really think that Disir's grandfather and uncle would be fine and dandy if only the Republicans had passed a massive expensive bill?

You're talking about two different issues.

First of all, the problem in the VA isn't funding, it's bad management.

Second, Bernie Sanders sponsored this bill. When Bernie Sanders is involved bad things usually happen, especially when the military is involved.

Republicans focused much of their criticism on how most of Sanders' bill was paid for -- with funds left unspent from the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and the winding down of American involvement in Afghanistan. The GOP says those are not real savings, since no one expected those funds to continue being spent as those wars ended.

Republicans also objected to provisions letting more veterans without service-connected injuries be eligible for treatment at Department of Veterans Affairs facilities. They said that would swamp an already overburdened system. The vote sidetracking the veterans bill was 56-41 with the 56 votes supporters received falling 4 short of the 60 needed to keep it alive.

Sanders' legislation addressed everything from making more veterans eligible for in-state college tuition to providing fertility or adoption services for some wounded troops left unable to conceive

The VA would have been given more tools to eat into its backlog of 390,000 benefit claims awaiting action for more than 125 days. The bill also would have bolstered programs for veterans who suffered sexual abuse, and would have increased dental care and provided more alternative medicine, such as yoga for stress.

In a two-year test program, some overweight veterans living more than 15 minutes from a VA gym would have been given memberships at private health clubs. Senate blocks Dems' bill boosting vets' benefits | Fox News

The fact is, Bernie Sanders was going for extravagance when he knew the GOP would reject it.

The problem arises from the inherent flaws in the system and the fact that Obama is flooding the system with hundreds of thousands of new beneficiaries. Come up with something that is cost effective and accomplishes the mission rather than something that is just window dressing and I'm sure the GOP will agree with it.

From your link:

UPDATED: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 PM EST – The political agenda put forth by a local organizer in Washington DC was not in alignment with our message. We feel disheartened that some would seek to hijack the narrative for political gain. The core principle is about all Americans honoring Veterans in a peaceful and apolitical manner. Mr. Cruz, Ms. Palin and some attendees, including political parties may have not been aware of the goals of the marches which took place in over 60+ rallies across the nation. Please check our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Million-Vet-March-on-the-Memorials/539097822833735.

Get ready to join a million vets in Washington DC and online! The Administration has closed down war memorials that are normally open 24/7 and that do not have any staff to guard them under normal circumstances.

Remember that? How about we take that free market and shove it up your ass.

Liberals understand perfectly. Stop shitting on vets.

This is Bernie Sanders:

The Insiders: Bernie Sanders vs. the Koch brothers

By Ed Rogers
May 15 at 12:23 pm

We don’t hear too much from socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt). He is a low-key, reliable member of the left-wing majority in the Senate, a classic old-school liberal among liberals. The only noise he ever makes is the occasional golf clap in support of the growing entitlement culture. But on Friday, someone gave him a wacky Democratic talking point linking the Koch brothers to the Veterans Affairs scandal. That’s right: He suggests that the malicious neglect at the VA is somehow the Koch brothers’ fault. In an interview with the Nation’s John Nichols, Sanders actually said that the “Koch Brothers and others … want to radically change the nature of society, and either make major cuts in all of these institutions, or maybe do away with them entirely.” He insinuated that Republicans are criticizing the VA only because they are against all large government programs, not because the VA failed our veterans. It makes you wonder how much Sanders understands about “the nature of society.”

Sanders’s comments are a good illustration of how the Democrats’ well-reported Koch problem is here to stay. Their obsession with the Koch brothers reminds me of the “handler” ads that occasionally show up in campaigns. Some campaign consultant decides to use the candidate’s money and airtime to go after his or her opponent’s campaign consultants. These ads are a waste of time and money — no one ever votes for or against a candidate because of who the candidate’s handlers are.
The Insiders: Bernie Sanders vs. the Koch brothers

Bernie Sanders put poison bills in his bill that he knew wouldn't fly, and now he's blaming the Koch Brothers for this.

From your link:

UPDATED: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:35 PM EST – The political agenda put forth by a local organizer in Washington DC was not in alignment with our message. We feel disheartened that some would seek to hijack the narrative for political gain. The core principle is about all Americans honoring Veterans in a peaceful and apolitical manner. Mr. Cruz, Ms. Palin and some attendees, including political parties may have not been aware of the goals of the marches which took place in over 60+ rallies across the nation. Please check our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Million-Vet-March-on-the-Memorials/539097822833735.

Get ready to join a million vets in Washington DC and online! The Administration has closed down war memorials that are normally open 24/7 and that do not have any staff to guard them under normal circumstances.

Remember that? How about we take that free market and shove it up your ass.

Liberals understand perfectly. Stop shitting on vets.
I think you're unhinged.
First, the administration of Barack Obama shut down the monuments, not the GOP.
Second, none of that has anything to do with the free market system.

I suspect the whole story about your grandfather is bullshit. I suspect evertything you post is bullshit.

Forum List

Back