usmb survey???

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I keep getting a pop up asking me to take a brief survey and then I will get a prize or something or other. Can't back out, can't X it out. Gotta open a new window and close that one completely. So..um...whats the deal?

And now I get links embedded in words. Like survey and a prize. Hovering over my mouse, one says something about mortgage, the other is for ilottery to win 1 mil.

I don't like this at all.

Well HELL. Now I don't see any posts at all!! And huge pop up screens keep popping up. WTF?

Sigh. I give up.

Are you using a pop-up or ad-blocker, I don't get any of that stuff at all, haven't seen an ad since the metamorphosis. (I maybe shouldn't have revealed that, they may look harder for a way to hack adblock) On a lighter note I found the red button, did you?

I have Adblock...but it is not working.
Yes, I have the red button.

I have WebRoot protection. I will contact them tomorrow and see if they can figure out why I have pop up ads and why AdBlock is not working cuz all this is gadgetry to me.

Me neither. I downloaded AdBlocker free from the internet, then I installed it in my computer and all the problems I was having with pop-up ads and Word-ads that would spin into an ad box whenever my mouse just happen to hover over one of them...it was so annoying. Download Adblock and install it, you'll be so glad you did.

I dumped my java...then reinstalled it. Now Adblock is working. This is just weird. I got a pop up ad I could NOT get out of asking me to get the newest version of Java. WebRoot had a hissy fit..said it was not Java...and did what it was supposed to do...which was remove the fake Java. Since then, the ads have been going bonkers. And when I clicked on AdBlock, it said it could not be used on my domain. Like...huh? So I removed it, too, and re added it.

Me neither. I downloaded AdBlocker free from the internet, then I installed it in my computer and all the problems I was having with pop-up ads and Word-ads that would spin into an ad box whenever my mouse just happen to hover over one of them...it was so annoying. Download Adblock and install it, you'll be so glad you did.
EXACTLY!!!! That is what happened and why I started this thread. Freaked me out. So I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it on google chrome from their store. I ALMOST uninstalled google chrome to reinstall it but I tried everything else so now it looks like I don't have to.
This all started when I went to Tiny Pic to upload the jpeg of the light text in the other thread I started. Maybe TinyPic is infected. I'm afraid to go back there and look.

I dumped my java...then reinstalled it. Now Adblock is working. This is just weird. I got a pop up ad I could NOT get out of asking me to get the newest version of Java. WebRoot had a hissy fit..said it was not Java...and did what it was supposed to do...which was remove the fake Java. Since then, the ads have been going bonkers. And when I clicked on AdBlock, it said it could not be used on my domain. Like...huh? So I removed it, too, and re added it.

Well, good. I know those ads were so annoying at one time I thought I would leave the Forum.

Hubby got me a laptop recently but it is not working. I think I will take it in to Staples tomorrow so I have a backup.

Hubby got me a laptop recently but it is not working. I think I will take it in to Staples tomorrow so I have a backup.

I'm wanting to get a new lap top. The one we have (which my husband uses) seems a little sluggish. He says he doesn't mind, but when we go on Vacay I don't want to have to take it.....At home I like using my computer and hardly ever use the laptop, but on the go, I want something that works better than that lap top that is now prolly 7 years old. I'm trying to convince him.....hope I can get him there before we go....;)

It seems fixed now, Noomi. But if others here don't have adblock and are doomed with that USMB survey....I can see why they are so peeved.

Hubby bought this laptop for 35 bucks a few weeks ago. Looks brand new. Its a dell. Even the screen still has the film over it. The guy said he used it a few times, then it just stopped working. So...off to Staples I go, cuz it is a windows 7, not an 8. They can fix it for much less than buying a new laptop.

Forum List

Back