CDZ USMB POLL: Woman shot, killed by two-year-old son - Who is responsible for this woman's death?

Who was responsible for the woman's death in this story?

• The 2 year old child was responsible for his mother's death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So are parents whose children fall into the swimming pool and drown likewise to blame for having something dangerous near the child? How about the parents who own horses, whose child is killed by a kick to the head?
Yes, and Yes. As parents we are responsible for protecting our children.

So parents should not be allowed to own horses, pools, buckets, or weapons, because it's theoretically possible that a child might get hurt.

What about tubs?

Parents should be intelligent.

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

A parent who has a backyard pool and doesn't (A) teach their child to swim at a very early age (arguably, all children should be taught to swim, considering that infants can swim from birth, and it may not necessarily be the family pool, but some Idiot Neighbor who's at fault and (B) fence that pool in before the kid can walk and (C) explain to the kid that deep water is dangerous, is as reprehensible as the stupid cow who puts a gun in her purse and sets the purse down next to the two-year-old in the grocery wagon.

As for horses, or any animal, you teach the child that this is a living thing, not a toy, and you teach the child how to comport itself around the animal.

Otherwise, it's not the animal's fault if something happens. It's you the "NOTMYFAULTNOTMYFAULTIT'SLIBRULSFAULTNOTMINE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!" idiot who, in a sane society, would have been questioned for your ability to breed.

A child of five can be taught that a living creature is dangerous till the cows come home, and still forget what they're capable of and run up behind one in the flash of an eye. And infants who can swim can slip on the pavement, hit their heads and drown regardless.

The idea that children obey perfectly if they're correctly taught is laughable.

So are parents whose children fall into the swimming pool and drown likewise to blame for having something dangerous near the child? How about the parents who own horses, whose child is killed by a kick to the head?

So parents should not be allowed to own horses, pools, buckets, or weapons, because it's theoretically possible that a child might get hurt.

What about tubs?

A parent who has a backyard pool and doesn't (A) teach their child to swim at a very early age (arguably, all children should be taught to swim, considering that infants can swim from birth, and it may not necessarily be the family pool, but some Idiot Neighbor who's at fault and (B) fence that pool in before the kid can walk and (C) explain to the kid that deep water is dangerous, is as reprehensible as the stupid cow who puts a gun in her purse and sets the purse down next to the two-year-old in the grocery wagon.

As for horses, or any animal, you teach the child that this is a living thing, not a toy, and you teach the child how to comport itself around the animal.

Otherwise, it's not the animal's fault if something happens. It's you the "NOTMYFAULTNOTMYFAULTIT'SLIBRULSFAULTNOTMINE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!" idiot who, in a sane society, would have been questioned for your ability to breed.

A child of five can be taught that a living creature is dangerous till the cows come home, and still forget what they're capable of and run up behind one in the flash of an eye. And infants who can swim can slip on the pavement, hit their heads and drown regardless.

So, what are you saying? We should ban everything that is deemed " dangerous? If that is the case we need to start with walking and driving.... THAT would be laughable.

What about tubs?

Parents need to be more perfect than be their children capable of imperfection. I think most parents are that. I think most parents try to be that as well, although some of them have lapses, and some of those lapses can be extremely unfortunate/tragic. As for whom to blame, well, that's only determinable on a case-by-case basis, and in some of those cases, there won't be any blame that's rightly assignable to anyone. That's one reason why we describe things as accidents when there's no indication of negligence or worse.

We can always in hindsight say what should have or could have been done to prevent "such and such" from happening. Whether the situation and events that led to the calamitous event actually happening did indeed at, and up to, the event merit taking those actions in order to not be adjudged negligent is a wholly different matter.

Last edited:

What about tubs?

So, what are you saying? We should ban everything that is deemed " dangerous? If that is the case we need to start with walking and driving.... THAT would be laughable.

No, Im saying what I said. I appreciate your desire to continually attribute more to me, but I'm pretty clear. Blaming parents for accidents when they are reasonably cautious is asinine.

Last edited:
Only women can carry off-body. Is this an indictment of women?

No. I've seen guys carry in a fabny pack, briefcase or other purse-like object.

Tbough I must also say I know many women who carry on-body.

A fanny pack is still on the man's body, and a briefcase is secure unlike a purse. Additionally, I don't know what you mean by "purse-like object." Can you give an example?

Whatever it is it must be very uncommon, and we are talking about a common item women have which is a purse.

This conversation is fascinating, especially the "it's no one's fault" part.

"I mean, like, it just sorta kinda happened. Or maybe it was an Act of God. Yeah, that's it. Jesus told that woman to carry a gun in her purse and not have sense enough to realize a two-year-old can get into anything. Yup, yup, that's it. It's Jesus' fault. Like getting struck by lightning. Coulda happened to anyone."

The Devil was at work.

No. She also paid for her mistake.

I am one of those who thinks you either keep the gun on your body, or under your direct control, or you keep it locked up.

Women are generally going to put the gun in their purse if that is what they so desire. Good luck in trying to change their mind on that. :lol:

She was responsible for not securing her firearm better than she had, and as a result her two year old child killed her by accident.

It happens, and the stupidity of the owner of the firearm can not be excused.

No one is asking for her to be excused. Just don't condemn her.

People just don't get, or do not want to get the fact that wrong as it was it was an accident.
A preventable accident.

ALL accidents are preventable yet they still occur frequently.
Thats why someone is responsible for them.

Bad luck is also responsible.
No such thing as luck. Youre either prepared or not prepared.

People just don't get, or do not want to get the fact that wrong as it was it was an accident.
A preventable accident.

20/20 hindsight.

20/20 Hindsight.
Or fore planning.

The world is a dangerous place, and you can't worry about it all the time. It would kill you quicker than the dangers would, undoubtedly.

20/20 Hindsight.
Or fore planning.

The world is a dangerous place, and you can't worry about it all the time. It would kill you quicker than the dangers would, undoubtedly.
Thats true. The woman worried about stuff and she traded her life for that worry.

20/20 Hindsight.
Or fore planning.

Thats true. The woman worried about stuff and she traded her life for that worry.

It was a freak accident.

20/20 Hindsight.
Or fore planning.

It was a freak accident.
That she was responsible for.

Forum List

Back