CDZ USMB POLL: Woman shot, killed by two-year-old son - Who is responsible for this woman's death?

Who was responsible for the woman's death in this story?

• The 2 year old child was responsible for his mother's death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"Would" above means for those thinking of acting similarly to this defunct paranoiac.

I would want to know if the gun had a saftey as some don't if so was it on while not impossible I find hard to believe a two year old could get the saftey off.
Kids have this talent for finding a way to do the damnedest things.
No question about that. Another thing I wonder why was a purse with loaded gun put somewhere that a two year old could get into it it seems like the owner of this gun was not very knowledgable on gun safety.

Kinda think something is being made out of nothing. Overall it was an accident. We all know the definition of that.
So you are saying the woman who was killed by a 2 year old, carrying a loaded pistol with the safety off and the hammer down, is a perfectly responsible gun owner.

Fascinating.

I have been around guns my whole life and have never seen the term "hammer down " in the context of a gun conversation. When the hammer is "down" that means it is "not cocked. "

"Hammer down " is a term that truckers used to say, come on let's go, get on the gas!

People just don't get, or do not want to get the fact that wrong as it was it was an accident.
A preventable accident.

Yeah....so........so is a kid drowning in a pool, or a drunk driving death......
In both scenarios someone is still at fault so.....what was your point?

I was wondering what your point was.......accidents are, in general, preventable....
Congratulations. That ^^^.... was my point.

So are parents whose children fall into the swimming pool and drown likewise to blame for having something dangerous near the child? How about the parents who own horses, whose child is killed by a kick to the head?
Yes, and Yes. As parents we are responsible for protecting our children.

So parents should not be allowed to own horses, pools, buckets, or weapons, because it's theoretically possible that a child might get hurt.

What about tubs?

So are parents whose children fall into the swimming pool and drown likewise to blame for having something dangerous near the child? How about the parents who own horses, whose child is killed by a kick to the head?

You're a fool if you think it is possible for a parent to be 100 percent vigilant and 100 percent effective at protecting their kids from 100 percent of all potential accidents 100 percent of the time. Your thinking shows a dangerous arrogance and smug conceit that is just as dangerous an attitude as the attitude of the parent who trusts her 2 year old not to fall into the pool if she runs into the bathroom for a minute.

And by the time your child is 30, you will know better than to say something so smug and impossible as "I would NEVER allow such a thing to happen!"
Smug and impossible to make sure my child does not have a firearm in their hands without proper training?
Smug: having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
Impossible: not able to occur, exist, or be done.
So, in your opinion at least, saying what I have is smug and impossible? It's impossible to ensure my child does not shoot me accidentally? It's smug to assert that I would not allow my child to possess a loaded firearm without proper training?
You are delusional, or simply dumb. Take your pick.

So parents should not be allowed to own horses, pools, buckets, or weapons, because it's theoretically possible that a child might get hurt.

What about tubs?
Now you are just putting words in my mouth. All of these things can, and are, used safely my youngsters every day. With proper safety precautions nearly anything can be made safe in a child's presence.

And by the time your child is 30, you will know better than to say something so smug and impossible as "I would NEVER allow such a thing to happen!"
Smug and impossible to make sure my child does not have a firearm in their hands without proper training?
Smug: having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
Impossible: not able to occur, exist, or be done.
So, in your opinion at least, saying what I have is smug and impossible? It's impossible to ensure my child does not shoot me accidentally? It's smug to assert that I would not allow my child to possess a loaded firearm without proper training?
You are delusional, or simply dumb. Take your pick.
No, I stated my opinion in my words. Saying that you would NEVER allow a child of yours to fall into a pool, grab somebody else's loaded and concealed weapon, run up to a chained dog, get run over by someone backing out of a driveway or drowning in the tub is smug, and impossible.

So you think that the mom who had the piece in her purse "allowed" her child to "possess" her loaded firearm? Apparently you're not only smug and conceited, but a liar as well.

You're a fool if you think it is possible for a parent to be 100 percent vigilant and 100 percent effective at protecting their kids from 100 percent of all potential accidents 100 percent of the time. Your thinking shows a dangerous arrogance and smug conceit that is just as dangerous an attitude as the attitude of the parent who trusts her 2 year old not to fall into the pool if she runs into the bathroom for a minute.
Never said that. Again you are putting words in my mouth. I was refering to gun safety, and gun safety alone. For you to project your ignorance on me is the epitomy of foolishness.

Forum List

Back