CDZ USMB POLL: Woman shot, killed by two-year-old son - Who is responsible for this woman's death?

Who was responsible for the woman's death in this story?

• The 2 year old child was responsible for his mother's death

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chuz Life

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2015
USA
(Reuters) - A woman was accidentally shot and killed at a Walmart store in northern Idaho on Tuesday when her 2-year-old son pulled a loaded handgun from her purse that then went off, a county sheriff said.

The 29-year-old woman was shopping at a Walmart in Hayden, Idaho, with the toddler seated in her shopping cart when the incident occurred, Kootenai County Sheriff Ben Wolfinger said in a written statement.

Who (if anyone) is responsible for this poor woman's death?

I have to be honest - I'm leaning towards the third answer "no-one was responsible" but I would like to know what others think.

How tragic. As for responsibility, only since that is the question...I lean to no one, but I guess it could the irresponsibility of the owner.

Her "crime" was to not hold on to her purse, right? She probably has a habit of placing it in the cart. You can't control that all the time.

Holy fuck people. Being "unintentionally" irresponsible is the same as being irresponsible. How often are people "intentionally" irresponsible?

That's not what I said.
You are acting like 'hey, she wasn't "intentionally" leaving her gun lying around loaded with the hammer down.' As if that's some kind of defense.

She should have not had the kid in the cart. That would have made more sense.
Congratulations you've thought of one way that she could have been a responsible gun owner. There are countless other ways she could have been responsible.

Instead she was irresponsible. And a tiny child put her in a coffin. Let this be a lesson to people who think it's okay to be casual about carrying a gun.

Forum List

Back