USMB is dropping characters as I type

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
USMB is dropping characters when I type.

I tested my keyboard using a word processor and I tested my typing with another website / forum and they did not drop characters.

I am not sure what you are talking about, Chuck. I don't write on any other message boards or forums so maybe the ones you are visiting are set up different?

I have seen the same thing happen occasionally. I thought it was my keyboard but it worked with every other application

USMB is dropping characters when I type.

I tested my keyboard using a word processor and I tested my typing with another website / forum and they did not drop characters.

Same thing happens to me on occasion. Thought it was just my keyboard. Sometimes it only types every other letter. [MENTION=44368]Chuckt[/MENTION]

Java really sur lately. Maybe we were too hard on that Mozilla guy?

It happens when that video ad starts playing at the bottom of the page. They keep telling me to use something other than IE but I don't like firefox or chrome.

I believe that USMB uses either JAVA or AJAX for the text editor and sometimes, it burps.

We can ask [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] about that.

It's java script, which is interpreted by the browser. Switch to basic editing mode in your user options or use a better browser and that should fix it.

I believe that USMB uses either JAVA or AJAX for the text editor and sometimes, it burps.

It's java script, which is interpreted by the browser. Switch to basic editing mode in your user options or use a better browser and that should fix it.

Okay, I switched to basic editor, we'll see how that goes. I must say it seems like a more reasonable option than changing your browser.

Switching to basic editor took my smileys away. That one doesn't work.

Ok, try this. I'm gonna guess the ad(s) are causing the character encoder of the browser to eff up. Probably by switching to a dbcs char set.

If you install an ad blocker that might go away, since the ad won't be run/shown on your computer.

Ok, try this. I'm gonna guess the ad(s) are causing the character encoder of the browser to eff up. Probably by switching to a dbcs char set.

If you install an ad blocker that might go away, since the ad won't be run/shown on your computer.

That's been suggested before. I really don't want to download anything or change browsers just because they can't fix the ad on this site. This isn't happening anywhere else.

Thanks tho.

That's been suggested before. I really don't want to download anything or change browsers just because they can't fix the ad on this site. This isn't happening anywhere else.

Thanks tho.
NP.. if I had access to their code I'd fix it for ya.

Thanks tho.

Thanks. I've been talking about it maybe every 3 months or so with no response from people who can fix it. Posters have been responding.

It happens when that video ad starts playing at the bottom of the page. They keep telling me to use something other than IE but I don't like firefox or chrome.

That little video plays with Chrome as well (I use Chrome at work). Firefox is a little slower but I believe it's much safer and I don't have to listen to that irritating little video at the bottom. That makes Firefox worth it all by itself.

Thanks tho.

Thanks. I've been talking about it maybe every 3 months or so with no response from people who can fix it. Posters have been responding.

kk well if you do switch browsers my recommendation is switching to google chrome. OMG it's amazing, can't rave enough about chrome over all the other browsers.

Forum List

Back