USMB Flag Burning

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
Let's get together and burn the flags of Iran , Syria, Saudia Arabia, etc. Let's also burn some copies of the Koran for good measure.

Let's get this thing on so we can get on with it.

We must make sure the media is there.

I vote for Joz and Musicman's place as the meetup spot!

rtwngAvngr said:
Let's get together and burn the flags of Iran , Syria, Saudia Arabia, etc. Let's also burn some copies of the Koran for good measure.

Let's get this thing on so we can get on with it.

We must make sure the media is there.

I vote for Joz and Musicman's place as the meetup spot!

Works for me! I'm about 5 minutes away! I'll call all the local news media in! :)

Joz and Musicman call in the band, and get the bar set up!:teeth:

Trinity said:
Works for me! I'm about 5 minutes away! I'll call all the local news media in! :)

Joz and Musicman call in the band, and get the bar set up!:teeth:

We need another bartender though - you know if we mention the words bar and Joz in the same sentence, she'll think we're putting her to work.

GotZoom said:
We need another bartender though - you know if we mention the words bar and Joz in the same sentence, she'll think we're putting her to work.

What do you think I do for living!! :funnyface I'll help her out, we won't make her do all the work! :D

no1tovote4 said:
I'm easy. I just drink beer.

Now burning any book at all is simply wrong to me. I will give that one a miss.
No flag burning. No book burning.

Just PAAR-TY!!!!!

It's so nice of you to let me know you're coming. :rolleyes:

In order to dispose of a US flag that has past its time, you give it full honors and cremate it.

Did you know by the laws dealing with flag handling if it is burned without those honors that as soon as flame touches the flag it ceases to be a flag?

Joz said:
No flag burning. No book burning.

Just PAAR-TY!!!!!

It's so nice of you to let me know you're coming. :rolleyes:

Was that enough notice?

no1tovote4 said:
I'm easy. I just drink beer.

Now burning any book at all is simply wrong to me. I will give that one a miss.

Normally I would agree with you. In this case we need to speak the language these guys understand.

bam0304.jpg

http://www.buddhistnews.tv/current/bam-rebuild-F.php

Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar's decision to destroy the statues in March 2001 was met with international fury -- UNESCO branded the act "a crime against culture" -- but the protests fell on deaf ears.

After trying for weeks to obliterate them with anti-aircraft guns and rockets, Taliban troops finally blew up the relics, placing explosives into holes bored into the rock.

"It was a very sad day for me," says Haiderzad, who saw the images on TV from his home in New York City.

"They didn't understand that these statues don't belong to the Taliban. They belong to Afghanistan, to human history."

The Buddhas' destruction was only one element of the Taliban assault on Afghan culture.

The Taliban banned music, television, movies and theater, and spent three days smashing statues in the Kabul Museum. A small version of the Bamiyan Buddhas sculpted by Haiderzad, now on display in Kabul's Intercontinental Hotel, also was defaced by the Taliban.

Today, only rubble is left of the tall statues -- giant sandstone rocks are piled where the Buddhas once stood.

That was a sad day indeed...

From the Dhammapada:

Section 1, The Pairs:

"He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me"--those who harbour such thoughts do not still their hatred.

"He abused me, he struck me, he overpowered me, he robbed me"--those who do not harbour such thoughts still their hatred.

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world; by non-hatred alone is hatred appeased.

This is an Eternal Law.

no1tovote4 said:
Still Burning a nice Syrian Flag would be a good center for meditation....

Is that what we are calling the party now meditation? :D ok :beer:

Forum List

Back