Remember

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Please....
Remember what this holiday weekend is really all about.

118458_Flags_In.jpg

118459_NMR_Honors.jpg
118454_tombsunset.jpg

118455_freedom.jpg

118508_vnam2.jpg

My buddy..
I am white, he was black
I am black, he was white

Our souls were bare
He can't die, I really care
So, I just held him there
In the mud...with all the blood.

*Never forget*

We can remember those who passed away but it should not be gloom and doom...
I lost friends in Nam..remember some saying with their last breath...when ya get home have a beer for me...thats what I am going to do and always have..
celebrated their sacrafice for my freedom...pictures of the headstones are nice....but I want to remember them as a friend who I shared hopes and dreams and a beer with! :beer:

archangel said:
We can remember those who passed away but it should not be gloom and dum..
I lost friends in Nam..remember some saying with thier last breath...when ya get home have a beer for me...thats what I am going to do and always have..
celebrated their sacrafice for my freedom...pictures of the headstones are nice....but I want to remember them as a friend who I shared hopes and dreams and a beer with! :beer:
Sure...I know...Understand the emotion I've tried to put in this thread, is more for people that haven't been there done that, or even served, not you...those without understanding of what it's like to bond, much less serve..Those that see this weekend as just 3 days off work....No gloom and doom for me..Just an attempt to open some eyes. Not that many here need opened, but you never know who will read a post. I hope it didn't hurt you in anyway.:beer:

Mr. P said:
Sure...I know...Understand the emotion I've tried to put in this thread, is more for people that haven't been there done that, or even served, not you...those without understanding of what it's like to bond, much less serve..Those that see this weekend as just 3 days off work....No gloom and doom for me..Just an attempt to open some eyes. Not that many here need opened, but you never know who will read a post. I hope it didn't hurt you in anyway.:beer:

Nah....did not hurt my feelings in any shape or form...I know who and what I am....been there and done that...I accept your analogy of what you are trying to get across...maybe it will help...or maybe not...I'm still going to have a fun and great day celebrating memories....by the way you said you were a Warrant Officer...were you a Huey UH1B pilot? Thats what I wanted to be but they sent me to OCS Engineering...not my cup of tea...Warrants rock can relate to NCO's and Commissioned as well...at any rate have a good holiday..no matter how you celebrate..it's a personal thing... :usa:

Mr. P said:
No..UH-1H..flew a few B models in training, but that was it.

After my time...1964-1968...have a great holiday...have a beer for me!

Forum List

Back