USMB Election Season

Coloradomtnman

Rational and proud of it.
Oct 1, 2008
Denver
It's that time again.

USMB gets a little more lively than normal. There is an infusion of new blood to the forums as more people become interested in politics.

And with this particular election (Trump and Sanders) things are even more fun.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

I'm so tired of it already. The problem with primary season is you are constantly at odds with folks you mostly like and agree with. It honestly and truly sucks.

It's that time again.

USMB gets a little more lively than normal. There is an infusion of new blood to the forums as more people become interested in politics.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
What's sad is that it can't be enjoyed – there's too much at stake.

It would be enjoyable to monitor the election in an academic context, where although your candidate and party did not win you're at least secure in the knowledge that the Constitution and its case law will safeguard your rights and protected liberties from the capricious whims of partisan conflict and acrimony, as intended by the Framers.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Instead each of the republican candidates are hostile to the Constitution and its case law, the rule of law, and the protected liberties of the people – promising to appoint judges to the Federal courts and justices to the Supreme Court who will pursue a reactionary, partisan agenda seeking to violate the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans, along with undermining or eliminating necessary and proper regulatory policy designed to protect Americans in their places of work, to ensure that the air and water are clean, and that consumer products free of harmful defects.

Perhaps at some point in the future General Elections might be enjoyed, when the bane of the reactionary right is no longer a threat to Americans' civil liberties.

I'm so tired of it already. The problem with primary season is you are constantly at odds with folks you mostly like and agree with. It honestly and truly sucks.

Yeah, but arguing and debate are what's so fun about these forums. Debate is just another way of learning. How can one argue against a position if one doesn't know all the arguments of that position. I learn a lot every day on USMB - even despite the petty name calling and stubbornness of many of my fellow USMBers. And there are even of few USMBers that I like or whose posts I enjoy like aaronleland, TyroneSlothrop and Hossfly who make me laugh.
Even CrusaderFrank ceacks some funny ones. Or fbj whose hilarious without even understanding why which is even more funny.

Ugh. I do like to discuss politics and elections, but I do not enjoy the nastiness that goes with it at all. So I avoid a lot of it. That is unfortunate.
It's a blood sport, Kat.
And total waste of Money and Time Hoss,as you still end up with a Pack of Lemmings,just sayin,steve...Trust you are well

I have been saying that all along. Amazing how much money is being wasted.

Ugh. I do like to discuss politics and elections, but I do not enjoy the nastiness that goes with it at all. So I avoid a lot of it. That is unfortunate.
Yeah.

If you're patient, you can occasionally get lucky here and have a normal, adult, stimulating conversation. Just hold your ground and try not to fall into the trap of personal insults, name-calling and nastiness. I've actually learned things here, amid all the adolescent food fighting.

I can't explain the nastiness here or in political conversation in general, it doesn't make sense to me. Sometimes I suspect a lot of miserable people come here just to vent their anger by insulting others. Politics is merely a convenient vehicle. Okay, if that's what gets them off. I'm under no obligation to enable their behavior, though.

Honestly, this place is more of an amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological study for me. Any interesting conversation now and then is just a bonus.

Yeah.

If you're patient, you can occasionally get lucky here and have a normal, adult, stimulating conversation. Just hold your ground and try not to fall into the trap of personal insults, name-calling and nastiness. I've actually learned things here, amid all the adolescent food fighting.

I can't explain the nastiness here or in political conversation in general, it doesn't make sense to me. Sometimes I suspect a lot of miserable people come here just to vent their anger by insulting others. Politics is merely a convenient vehicle. Okay, if that's what gets them off. I'm under no obligation to enable their behavior, though.

Honestly, this place is more of an amateur psychological / sociological / anthropological study for me. Any interesting conversation now and then is just a bonus.

Do you know how many times you've said that this place is an just experiment for you? Take a guess.

You are simply studying the human condition here? As if you are above it all. Perfect.

It's that time again.

Enjoy it while it lasts!
What's sad is that it can't be enjoyed – there's too much at stake.

It would be enjoyable to monitor the election in an academic context, where although your candidate and party did not win you're at least secure in the knowledge that the Constitution and its case law will safeguard your rights and protected liberties from the capricious whims of partisan conflict and acrimony, as intended by the Framers.

Unfortunately that's not the case.

Instead each of the republican candidates are hostile to the Constitution and its case law, the rule of law, and the protected liberties of the people – promising to appoint judges to the Federal courts and justices to the Supreme Court who will pursue a reactionary, partisan agenda seeking to violate the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans, along with undermining or eliminating necessary and proper regulatory policy designed to protect Americans in their places of work, to ensure that the air and water are clean, and that consumer products free of harmful defects.

Perhaps at some point in the future General Elections might be enjoyed, when the bane of the reactionary right is no longer a threat to Americans' civil liberties.

Long tirade when all you wanted to say was: If you are not like me, go kill yourself.

Forum List

Back