USMB Coffee Shop IV

7-kid-friendly-memorial-day-activities.jpg

Married off the last niece last yesterday. Reception was a blast (what else when dealing with My extended family) and surprising enough, not dealing with the after effects of that party.

Go Me! hhahahhahhahhhah

Good morning, everyone. I've been up for a while Just roasted a sweet potato in aluminum foil for a whole hour, and it's pretty good for being only $0.60. Burlington WI has its Chocolatefest going on today, so I'm thinking of going to the fair. Do you guys have any fairs like this in your necks of the wood?

The Festival of Chocolate - January 18, 19 and 20, 2014 in Tampa, FL at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)

Tampa is about an hour south of me...a little closer in some neighboring towns we have a Strawberry Festival in March and a Blueberry Festival in April.

Good morning, everyone. I've been up for a while Just roasted a sweet potato in aluminum foil for a whole hour, and it's pretty good for being only $0.60. Burlington WI has its Chocolatefest going on today, so I'm thinking of going to the fair. Do you guys have any fairs like this in your necks of the wood?

The Festival of Chocolate - January 18, 19 and 20, 2014 in Tampa, FL at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)

Tampa is about an hour south of me...a little closer in some neighboring towns we have a Strawberry Festival in March and a Blueberry Festival in April.

More than 20 years I lived in Tampa, I never went to a Strawberry Festival or Chocolate Festival. :p

I've never been to a strawberry festival or a chocolate festival anywhere. But I would choose the strawberries over the chocolate if I had to choose. :)

A big THANK YOU to [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION] for redoing the Owl logo in my sig line and to [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] for recoding it for me. At least we won't have to change the logo every time we have to move now but I'll still need somebody to do the coding probably--I'm just not good at that.

Last edited:

More than 20 years I lived in Tampa, I never went to a Strawberry Festival or Chocolate Festival. :p

The Strawberry Festival is a huge deal here, and it's been around since the 1930's.

Florida Strawberry Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've never been to a strawberry festival or a chocolate festival anywhere. But I would choose the strawberries over the chocolate if I had to choose. :)

A big THANK YOU to Pacer for redoing the Owl logo in my sig line and to Derideo_Te for recoding it for me. At least we won't have to change the logo every time we have to move now but I'll still need somebody to do the coding probably--I'm just not good at that.

Why choose??:D

chocolate-covered-strawberries.jpg

A big THANK YOU to [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION] for redoing the Owl logo in my sig line and to [MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION] for recoding it for me. At least we won't have to change the logo every time we have to move now but I'll still need somebody to do the coding probably--I'm just not good at that.

You need to come down to Texas.....Poteet has one of the biggest Strawberry Festival....

Poteet Strawberry Festival
Poteet, Texas

Where: Poteet (30 minutes south of San Antonio)

When: April [check for this year's dates]

What do you get when you mix one of Texas' sweetest products with some of the biggest names in country music?
A berry good time, that's what. The Poteet Strawberry Festival preserves a half-century tradition celebrating the annual harvest of the South Texas strawberry crop with music, dances, and plenty of homegrown fun.
"This started out as a small town festival but it has grown," explains Nita Harvey, Festival Coordinator. "We are ranked as the number one agricultural festival in the state and one of the top festivals in the Southwest. This is the first big celebration of the year, and people are ready to get out and celebrate."
And boy, do they get out. In a typical year, paid attendance on the festival grounds averages 100,000 over the three-day event.

Poteet Strawberry Festival Poteet, Texas

poteetstrawberrywatertower.jpg

The Strawberry Festival is a huge deal here, and it's been around since the 1930's.

Oh, I've head of the Strawberry Festival, I just never went to one.

I don't know if I ever heard of the Chocolate Festival or not, but I only went to MOSI 2 or 3 times while I lived there.

I went this year Sherry. I should have been on the look out for a ex-Swedish Bikini Team member. :)

We have strawberry and apple butter festivals that I know of. I don't think I 've ever gone to a blueberry or chocolate.

I went this year Sherry. I should have been on the look out for a ex-Swedish Bikini Team member. :)

I missed the Strawberry Festival this year, but I was at the Blueberry Festival...my son was playing with one of the musical ensembles.:thup:

I missed the Strawberry Festival this year, but I was at the Blueberry Festival...my son was playing with one of the musical ensembles.:thup:

What does he play, if I may ask? :)

What does he play, if I may ask? :)

In this orchestra, he was playing the viola. He also plays the clarinet and is in the HS marching band.

Fantastic!!!

You tell him that a friend of yours from USMB says he should just keep on playing.

That is awesome!!!

Well, my sweet 16 year old pooch really got something stinky in her fur while we were going through the woods today, so I finally broke down and gave the old girl a bath this evening. From start to finish, with grooming, rinsing, lathering (3 times) drying, rinsing again, toweling down, cleaning out the tub, then showering myself: 2 hours.

Pooch is happily drying next to me and now smells CLEAN, like vanilla.

Didn't want my place to stink up.

The upside is that it forces me to really scrub down the main bathroom. :)

Last edited:
Thank goodness for tomorrow. The weekend is winding down already and I don't feel as if I have had enough time away from work yet. How much better off would everyone be if we had 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends? At least then we have enough time for all the chores and the festivals and the kids stuff and still be able to just relax with a good book too.

/puts away soap box

No more ranting at least for today. Have a nice evening folks. :)

Forum List

Back