USMB Coffee Shop IV

Thank goodness for tomorrow. The weekend is winding down already and I don't feel as if I have had enough time away from work yet. How much better off would everyone be if we had 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends? At least then we have enough time for all the chores and the festivals and the kids stuff and still be able to just relax with a good book too.

/puts away soap box

No more ranting at least for today. Have a nice evening folks. :)

I would happily settle for 4 10-hour work days with a 3 day weekend...but then again since I'm salaried, they know they'll often get 9-10 hours per day in a 5 day work week.:doubt: :D

Thank goodness for tomorrow. The weekend is winding down already and I don't feel as if I have had enough time away from work yet. How much better off would everyone be if we had 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends? At least then we have enough time for all the chores and the festivals and the kids stuff and still be able to just relax with a good book too.

/puts away soap box

Rant away, we all do now and then...

/puts away soap box

I would happily settle for 4 10-hour work days with a 3 day weekend...but then again since I'm salaried, they know they'll often get 9-10 hours per day in a 5 day work week.:doubt: :D

:lol: I know exactly what you mean. I start around 7 am most days, sometimes 6 am if there is offshore stuff to handle, and usually end up finishing somewhere between 3 and 6 pm most days. I prefer 3 pm but that is the exception rather than the rule. :D

Good morning, everyone. I've been up for a while Just roasted a sweet potato in aluminum foil for a whole hour, and it's pretty good for being only $0.60. Burlington WI has its Chocolatefest going on today, so I'm thinking of going to the fair. Do you guys have any fairs like this in your necks of the wood?

The Festival of Chocolate - January 18, 19 and 20, 2014 in Tampa, FL at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)

Tampa is about an hour south of me...a little closer in some neighboring towns we have a Strawberry Festival in March and a Blueberry Festival in April.

One of the museums across the city has had a similar Festival of Chocolate for about six weeks that just sells out every day. Been meaning to get over there but haven't.

The Festival of Chocolate - January 18, 19 and 20, 2014 in Tampa, FL at MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry)

Tampa is about an hour south of me...a little closer in some neighboring towns we have a Strawberry Festival in March and a Blueberry Festival in April.

More than 20 years I lived in Tampa, I never went to a Strawberry Festival or Chocolate Festival. :p

The Strawberry Festival is a huge deal here, and it's been around since the 1930's.

Florida Strawberry Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Has anybody been to Tomato Days at Jacksonville, Texas, south of Tyler. Always in the hottest part of the summer, and there will be thousands on those four blocks all weekend. Good time.

More than 20 years I lived in Tampa, I never went to a Strawberry Festival or Chocolate Festival. :p

The Strawberry Festival is a huge deal here, and it's been around since the 1930's.

Has anybody been to Tomato Days at Jacksonville, Texas, south of Tyler. Always in the hottest part of the summer, and there will be thousands on those four blocks all weekend. Good time.

Omg, I LOVE fresh tomatoes. I would be there even if it was hot. :D

It is a fun fair. The county fair season will open early in July and we will probably go to seven or eight, plus kayak up at Bear Lake. I would love to raft the Green River but go no takers in the family yet, but I will, I am sure.

Taps1.jpg

Day is done, gone the sun

From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest
God is nigh.

It is a fun fair. The county fair season will open early in July and we will probably go to seven or eight, plus kayak up at Bear Lake. I would love to raft the Green River but go no takers in the family yet, but I will, I am sure.

Have fun, it's coming up soon!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhtr5J00ntA"]Taps The Bugler's Cry-The Origin of Sounding Taps - YouTube[/ame]

We got a call from my son this evening. While visiting relatives in West Virginia, a 12-year-old member of the extended family was in some sort of ATV accident with another kid. The 12-year-old was hurt pretty bad, stitches and broken bones. The other kid died.

We won't have any more information before tomorrow.

I have no words....

We got a call from my son this evening. While visiting relatives in West Virginia, a 12-year-old member of the extended family was in some sort of ATV accident with another kid. The 12-year-old was hurt pretty bad, stitches and broken bones. The other kid died.

I have no words....

Sorry to hear that Grandma.

I have no words....

So very sad and tragic.:(

Random surfing on youtube can yield something extraordinary on occasions. Having been bored tonight after the wife went to bed, I thought that I'd just fill in some time and chose to surf surprising voices...

Look at the voice I turned up..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U27DpM99URs]Shy singer surprises and melts Simons heart - YouTube[/ame]

I have no words....

That is such tragic news, Grandma. My prayers for the families of the two 12-year olds, special prayer for the one that suffered the loss of their child.

The message I just sent to my favorite Senator... and this isn't a political discussion... this is my point of view as a VETERAN... it's Memorial Day weekend... I just wanted to say my piece...

Yes I'm an 8 year veteran of the United States Air Force, and yes I appreciate every time someone says thank you for your service, but coming from a veteran, the greatest thing I ever did in my life was *SERVE MY COUNTRY*, and for that, I need no thanks. I would die for my country. I love my country. There is no greater or better. So whether you're a veteran or not, take pride in America, do your own part to keep this country the greatest nation on earth, and then we can all be proud of each other.

Last edited:
Random surfing on youtube can yield something extraordinary on occasions. Having been bored tonight after the wife went to bed, I thought that I'd just fill in some time and chose to surf surprising voices...

Look at the voice I turned up..

Shy singer surprises and melts Simons heart - YouTube

Oh Wow....that was amazing.....such a beautiful voice. Thanks for sharing....:)
Wasn't that absolutely unbelievable?

I played it again with My eyes closed and the clarity and sultriness of her voice took Me to a tiny little speak easy in the early 1020's, with a spot-light that showed just the head and shoulders of the singer.....and I could see a darkened room, with smoke waifing(sp?) around in the spotlight and the singer all but crying....

Sorry guys...I don't normally talk about Hollywood and these kinds of show (though I get the attraction) but I just found her voice incredible.

Forum List

Back