USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ceremony number one is part of history, a sad moment and a happy one.

Sad: the activities director neglected to inform me that one of the veterans passed away last night and I read off his name to receive a certificate of appreciation.

Happy: A Former marine in his 90's could not come outside for the ceremony because he had just been in the hospital and his doctor said no. So the vice Commander and I went to his room to visit him. His mind is still sharp, he remembered us from last year and got his second Certificate from us. He had last years proudly displayed on his wall. We chatted for a few moments then wished him well, and he took our hearts with 5 simple words; "I'll see you next year."

:thup:

A New Dawn, A New Day ...

dc94df2c1f49959644919ab4e8dfca00.jpg

images

Got the jelly setting in the fridge, and some chocolate mousse (no vanilla mousse to be found) chilling for tomorrow. The best thing about getting your teeth out is all the jelly you get to eat!

When did you have it done, Noomi? You should be feeling better soon.

Haven't had it done yet - tomorrow afternoon! I probably won't be online until later in the day, if not until Tuesday (Monday your time) to let you know how it went.

Good morning, everyone. I've been up for a while Just roasted a sweet potato in aluminum foil for a whole hour, and it's pretty good for being only $0.60. Burlington WI has its Chocolatefest going on today, so I'm thinking of going to the fair. Do you guys have any fairs like this in your necks of the wood?

Good morning, everyone. I've been up for a while Just roasted a sweet potato in aluminum foil for a whole hour, and it's pretty good for being only $0.60. Burlington WI has its Chocolatefest going on today, so I'm thinking of going to the fair. Do you guys have any fairs like this in your necks of the wood?

Not that I know of. I love white chocolate, so they'd have to have plenty of that, and if they did, I'd go!

Not that I know of. I love white chocolate, so they'd have to have plenty of that, and if they did, I'd go!

Is that the stuff that has the little cookie bits in it? :D

My sister moved out of home today. I don't have a choice but to live at home right now, but as soon as I can afford to, I will move out. Rent is expensive though and I am not at all comfortable living with other people.
What takes priority, martial arts lessons or rent money?

I don't pay for my lessons. I pay a lump sum every six months...

Aaaahh... ... ... what?

Last edited:
Beautiful day here in northwestern Illinois. Had my coffee. Scratched behind Taco's ears. Now it's off to early mass.

Finishing up my second cup of coffee, then off to help my buddy finish up that new steel roof.

If we get it done early enough, might have to take a little ride around on the Harley's.

Beautiful day here in northwestern Illinois. Had my coffee. Scratched behind Taco's ears. Now it's off to early mass.

Finishing up my second cup of coffee, then off to help my buddy finish up that new steel roof.

If we get it done early enough, might have to take a little ride around on the Harley's.

:eusa_dance: You know where to pick me up, **babes.** I'll be in my shortest of shorts. :D Let's roar....

Some work mates of my mine are considering the idea of a 'share house', for us workers whose hours have been cut. This house would be a home with several rooms, so at least six of us could live in it, and share the rent. Rent would work out at less than $50 a week for all of us, and we'd all be supporting each other.

I like the idea, but it has the potential to fail, especially if someone finds a better job. Still, its certainly something to consider in the future. :)
The only way to be truly independent is to get yourself a full time job. Try applying for as many jobs as you can. For instance, if you head to your downtown area go to each and every business, hospital, federal or state building that are within the viscinity and fill out an application. Sooner or later someone will call.

Some work mates of my mine are considering the idea of a 'share house', for us workers whose hours have been cut. This house would be a home with several rooms, so at least six of us could live in it, and share the rent. Rent would work out at less than $50 a week for all of us, and we'd all be supporting each other.

I like the idea, but it has the potential to fail, especially if someone finds a better job. Still, its certainly something to consider in the future. :)
The only way to be truly independent is to get yourself a full time job. Try applying for as many jobs as you can. For instance, if you head to your downtown area go to each and every business, hospital, federal or state building that are within the viscinity and fill out an application. Sooner or later someone will call.

A lot of people have already told Noomi that. She needs to figure it out, she's in her 30s and has lost her footing, I'm afraid.

Forum List

Back