USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ceremony number one is part of history, a sad moment and a happy one.

Sad: the activities director neglected to inform me that one of the veterans passed away last night and I read off his name to receive a certificate of appreciation.

Happy: A Former marine in his 90's could not come outside for the ceremony because he had just been in the hospital and his doctor said no. So the vice Commander and I went to his room to visit him. His mind is still sharp, he remembered us from last year and got his second Certificate from us. He had last years proudly displayed on his wall. We chatted for a few moments then wished him well, and he took our hearts with 5 simple words; "I'll see you next year."

Dang, Ollie, you're makin' me leak from my eyes.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Stat can Foxtrot? I wonder if many Americans here would know how?

What is a Foxtrot? I've heard of it but I don't think I've ever seen anyone doing it.

I'm going to google it, I can't remain dumb forever.....:D

I googled it....it is beautiful but looks like Ballroom dancing to me....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JbmwxOy_0]Hilton basic foxtrot - YouTube[/ame]

Used to be able to foxtrot, but DAMN! It's been 40 years or more.

You don't forget dancing....it's like riding a bike. I probably danced FoxTrot and didn't know it, although the couple in the video look like their legs are glued together......not sure I could do that without stepping all over my partner...:D

Last karate class for a few days. Teeth out on Monday, I plan to skip Tuesday and Wednesday classes, but I will attend Thursday depending on how much pain I am in and whether there is any swelling.
Mum wants me to miss a week - but does anyone actually know what it feels like to miss an entire 7 days of exercise when you normally exercise every single day? Think about how you would feel if you couldn't drink coffee for a week. You'd go mental. Muscles ache, and they tighten up, which is painful if you are not exercising on a regular basis, like I do.

I will still have to do a moderate workout on Tuesday and Wednesday to keep my muscles loose, and to prevent them from seizing up.

You should be okay with some exercises - just be sure to NOT bend over. Don't let the blood rush to your head and you'll be ok.

I'll be fine with going to class if I feel up to it. My mum needs to understand that I am responsible and I can make my own choices. I'm freaking 30 years old, I am not some immature teenager.
I have researched what I can and can't do, and I will be fine. Mum says that if I dare to go to class at all next week - she demanded I take the entire week off class - she will lock me out of the house, essentially forcing me to sleep in my car.

I pack my car up tomorrow in preparation. Its about time I stood up to her.

Not a lot of sympathy for you here, Noomi. You're 30 years old and still living at home, working part-time at a McDonald's. Your whole life seems to revolve around your karate lessons. Maybe it's time your life took a new direction... I know you're going to fire back at me with a lot of excuses but that's all they are - excuses. You make your own way in life. If you aren't happy with yours it's time to try something different. I like you and I think you're a nice person but there may not be the right ingredients in the soup you're trying to make for yourself.

• Thanks
Day is done

taps-faces-memorial.jpg

You don't forget dancing....it's like riding a bike. I probably danced FoxTrot and didn't know it, although the couple in the video look like their legs are glued together......not sure I could do that without stepping all over my partner...:D

When it comes to dancing, I can do the hokey pokey and a little bit of the waltz. Anything other than that makes me look like a fish flopping around on the dry ground.

• Thanks

When it comes to dancing, I can do the hokey pokey and a little bit of the waltz. Anything other than that makes me look like a fish flopping around on the dry ground.

What they do now is not really dancing....it's gyrating.....:D

Last karate class for a few days. Teeth out on Monday, I plan to skip Tuesday and Wednesday classes, but I will attend Thursday depending on how much pain I am in and whether there is any swelling.
Mum wants me to miss a week - but does anyone actually know what it feels like to miss an entire 7 days of exercise when you normally exercise every single day? Think about how you would feel if you couldn't drink coffee for a week. You'd go mental. Muscles ache, and they tighten up, which is painful if you are not exercising on a regular basis, like I do.

I will still have to do a moderate workout on Tuesday and Wednesday to keep my muscles loose, and to prevent them from seizing up.

You should be okay with some exercises - just be sure to NOT bend over. Don't let the blood rush to your head and you'll be ok.

I'll be fine with going to class if I feel up to it. My mum needs to understand that I am responsible and I can make my own choices. I'm freaking 30 years old, I am not some immature teenager.
I have researched what I can and can't do, and I will be fine. Mum says that if I dare to go to class at all next week - she demanded I take the entire week off class - she will lock me out of the house, essentially forcing me to sleep in my car.

I pack my car up tomorrow in preparation. Its about time I stood up to her.
She could be thinking about postsurgical blood clotting with overexertion that has felled many a good person, Noomi, although I realize your situation is not pleasant at home, for which I pray betters in your favor soon if you remain. :eusa_pray:

Stat can Foxtrot? I wonder if many Americans here would know how?

What is a Foxtrot? I've heard of it but I don't think I've ever seen anyone doing it.

I'm going to google it, I can't remain dumb forever.....:D

The Foxtrot is one of the mandatory dances in ballroom dancing competition. If you are really really good, it looks lke this :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZ8DJs7lLk]Meryl Davis & Maks "All of Me" ft. Lindsey Stirling | DWTS 18 | LIVE 3-31-14 - YouTube[/ame]

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Marg’s mom,
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Blackhawk’s mom,
Newby's mom,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s sore foot and friend Shirley,
Meister and his mom,
Testarosa
Drake's injured friend,
PixieStix's sister,
Hollie's stepdad,
Coyote's father-in-law,
Spoonie, Ringel, Sheila, and 007's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Avg-Joe & furry companion Boo
Pix,
Becki!!! and Becki’s hubby,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Ernie and his friend Royce's family, especially Alisha, as they prepare for the final goodbye,
Sheila and Andrew,
Noomi's impending oral surgery,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and cousin,
Ollie's daughter Angie,
Mertex as she prepares for the final goodbye for her friend,
Ringel and his family in transition and Mrs. Ringel's impending surgery,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My sister moved out of home today. I don't have a choice but to live at home right now, but as soon as I can afford to, I will move out. Rent is expensive though and I am not at all comfortable living with other people.
What takes priority, martial arts lessons or rent money?

I don't pay for my lessons. I pay a lump sum every six months which enables me to train whenever I like. I end up saving well over a thousand dollars a year because of this.

Your mom is deranged, Noomi.

Tell her the next time she takes money from you, you will call the police.

Tell her if she screams at you or attempts to batter you, you will call the police for the last time she stole your money, and that you will file charges if she touches you.

She is eventually going to really hurt you physically if you don't stop her now.

I appreciate the fact that she is paying for this operation, but its sad, because every time we argue now, she will remind me of it...'don't forget who paid for your teeth' as a way of blackmailing me. Its just what she does.

She can't hurt me physically - she knows that I am very strong physically and wouldn't dare lay a finger on me. But she can hurt me emotionally. Going to class allows me to channel my anger, sending it out into the kick bag, and forcing it out with a few hard punches.

Go with how you feel, Noomi. Your body will tell you how much exercise it wants and needs. Just don't push the envelope for a couple of days. The anesthetic will take time to work it's way out of your system and so taking it easy initially is a smart move.

I intend to take two days off classes. It will depend on how I feel Thursday whether I train or not. If I don't, I will go and watch the class. Either way, if I go to the class, I apparently don't have a home. I am working out some light exercises to do at home for the two days I have off.

The last time I went under anesthetic, it took three days to wear off. So I don't expect to be 100% by mid week, but I will see how I feel. If I am not up to it, my body will tell me, and I will listen to it.

Some work mates of my mine are considering the idea of a 'share house', for us workers whose hours have been cut. This house would be a home with several rooms, so at least six of us could live in it, and share the rent. Rent would work out at less than $50 a week for all of us, and we'd all be supporting each other.

I like the idea, but it has the potential to fail, especially if someone finds a better job. Still, its certainly something to consider in the future. :)

images

Got the jelly setting in the fridge, and some chocolate mousse (no vanilla mousse to be found) chilling for tomorrow. The best thing about getting your teeth out is all the jelly you get to eat!

Forum List

Back