USMB and the Titanic

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
What's the difference between the USMB and the Titanic?

The Titanic had a brass band!

I'll bet you thought it was an iceberg, too.

godzilla-titanic.jpg

So.. in the movie she says, "I'll never let you go", then she wakes up later, he's frozen and she drops him like a rock...what's up with that... ?

A lot of posters said that Hannity was going down after the Lefties moved on to greener pastures at one point but they're still going strong.

These places have their ups and downs.

I've been away. Am I missing something here? :eusa_eh:

I suspect they're commenting on the fact that another (by invitation only) board has sapped away some USMB posters, Boot.

It's another board and one that has stricter rules about posters attacking the character of other posters.

I must say that posting there is a refreshing change from the ALL THE RACISTS' BLATHER, ALL THE TIME station this place so often becomes.

That, plus the fact that we don't have to scroll past the bitchfests that otherwise interesting threads often devolve into, gives it a kinder gentler zietgeist.

Its a lot "fluffier" than this place, meaning there's a whole lot of non-political, feel good discussions happening there.

I still come here, of course because, despite this board's tolerance with obsessional racists, and despite the volume of know-nothings posts that we're forced to wade past too, issues of politics, economics and geopolitics are still on the agenda of this place, and there are some posters here whose thoughts on these issue are worthy of my consideration.

I suspect they're commenting on the fact that another (by invitation only) board has sapped away some USMB posters, Boot.

It's another board and one that has stricter rules about posters attacking the character of other posters.

I must say that posting there is a refreshing change from the ALL THE RACISTS' BLATHER, ALL THE TIME station this place so often becomes.

That, plus the fact that we don't have to scroll past the bitchfests that otherwise interesting threads often devolve into, gives it a kinder gentler zietgeist.

Its a lot "fluffier" than this place, meaning there's a whole lot of non-political, feel good discussions happening there.

I still come here, of course because, despite this board's tolerance with obsessional racists, and despite the volume of know-nothings posts that we're forced to wade past too, issues of politics, economics and geopolitics are still on the agenda of this place, and there are some posters here whose thoughts on these issue are worthy of my consideration.

The reason I'm here is because of the rules on another site I used to visit.

Eventually you get the wrong types becoming mods and they start baiting people to break the rules banning them and then the site starts dying with all of the people leaving in droves.

This place isn't even as bad as Phil Maher's site. That place became a cesspool of liberals attacking conservatives and eventually somebody started planting viruses and the Administrator literally cleaned everyone out. Then the site degenerated into one guy like Shaman posting comments to himself and nobody left to comment on it.

This entire board is worthy, actually. Startups can turn into clusterfucks fairly rapidly, keep monitoring that and make a decision down the road.

I'm hoping we can retain good posters here. It's always been active and fun.

So.. in the movie she says, "I'll never let you go", then she wakes up later, he's frozen and she drops him like a rock...what's up with that... ?

I know she was a selfish bitch LOL. If she had of stayed on the lifeboat...he would have had that floating piece of wood all to himself.

I think you have got it wrong. The board seems to be free of a lot of the "know nothing posts" and "bitchfests" now. It's been very nice these last several days,with a few posters who haven't posted in awhile even joining in.

Forum List

Back