USA National Debt will be $13 Trillion in less than 2 weeks !!!

A large part of the increase in debt is structural - entitlement and public employee comp & benefit increases that are on auto-pilot. Both parties are to blame for this - it's a Bi-Partisan "accomplishment". The current crisis in Greece is a warning we should take seriously about financing spending with massive amounts of sovereign debt. Better to restructure now while we still have some time.

Agreed. You cut my Medicare and Social Security, you had better damn well put a tax on the upper income that exceeds mine by percentage. As Buffet pointed out, he pays at the rate of 17%, while his receptionist pays over 30%.

EVERY FISCAL CONSERVATIVE on this site has said we should cut spending. We never should have increased spending to the current levels.

I don't know what was happening here - I didn't participate much. I disliked the deficit spending during the Bush era - and am alarmed at Obama's tripling of it.

In the 8 years Bush was in office, the debt rose about 4.5 trillion.

I thought THAT was insane.

Obama's working on presiding over that in less than 2.

the national debt more than DOUBLED, it went from $5.6 trillion to $11.7 trillion...(8 bush fiscal years)

Bush term ended with $10.7 trillion not $11.7 trillion. Obama has added $2 Trillion in 1 year. 4 times the rate of Bush.

Last edited:

the national debt more than DOUBLED, it went from $5.6 trillion to $11.7 trillion...(8 bush fiscal years)

Bush term ended with $10.7 trillion not $11.7 trillion. Obama has added $2 Trillion in 1.25 years. 4 times the rate of Bush.

I don't think so....president Bush's fiscal budget began October of 2001...for fiscal year 2002 and ended with fiscal year 2009, which ended on September 30, 2009....I think by october 1st of 2009, which is the first fiscal budget of Obama's...the budget for 2010, the national debt had reach $11.7 trillion or there abouts...maybe it was 11.2 trillion? but it was definitely more than 11 trillion.

Fiscal 2009 began October 1st 2008, this was president Bush's last budget presented to congress....it ended 9/30/2009.

So I was off by a trillion.

It doesn't change the point I was making.

Bush term ended with $10.7 trillion not $11.7 trillion. Obama has added $2 Trillion in 1.25 years. 4 times the rate of Bush.

here is the gvt link with precise numbers for the 8 fiscal years....

from $5.8 trillion to $11.9 trillion

Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

here is the gvt link with precise numbers for the 8 fiscal years....

from $5.8 trillion to $11.9 trillion

Government - Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

And the point is?

Government costs too much?

As Buffet pointed out, he pays at the rate of 17%, while his receptionist pays over 30%.

Most of Buffett's wealth is shielded in trusts. Of course he can make the magnanimous gesture of paying more taxes on some income - it's a knit for him, but will damage the middle in urban areas. $250K for a two income family in the Bay Area is a cop and an accountant living in 3 or 4 bedroom, 2 bath tract home.

As Buffet pointed out, he pays at the rate of 17%, while his receptionist pays over 30%.

Most of Buffett's wealth is shielded in trusts. Of course he can make the magnanimous gesture of paying more taxes on some income - it's a knit for him, but will damage the middle in urban areas. $250K for a two income family in the Bay Area is a cop and an accountant living in 3 or 4 bedroom, 2 bath tract home.

A cop and an accountant couple here would suck in about 75K.

I bet the median house price in your area is not $600K and in a lousy school district so that the parents send their kids to private school.

National Debt on 01/20/2009 the day Obama was sworn into office was $10,626,877,048,913.08

Source www.treasurydirect.gov The Daily History of the Debt Results - Debt to the Penny

Obama has added $2 Trillion in 1 year. That is 4 times the rate of Bush.

Last edited:

I bet the median house price in your area is not $600K and in a lousy school district so that the parents send their kids to private school.

Naah in my county 600K will get you a nice little house and barn and maybe 100 acres with a pond with fish in it.
In my opinion some places are not worth living in for the rat race. You really gain nothing in the end.

Last edited:
National Debt on 01/20/2009 the day Obama was sworn into office was $10,626,877,048,913.08

Source www.treasurydirect.gov The Daily History of the Debt Results - Debt to the Penny

And we ran on Bush's budget for about a year after that.
Tarp was also approved before Obama was sworn in.

Budget passed by a Democrat congress exploded deficits for 2 years prior to Bush leaving. The congress that just keeps on giving.

Budget passed by a Democrat congress exploded deficits for 2 years prior to Bush leaving. The congress that just keeps on giving.

Yeah right it just exploded in the last 2 years of Bush's term?
Wanna buy some genuine bottled flood water?

As I said before, I started compalining about the debt back when Reagan was president. when did you start complaining?

Last edited:
Naah in my county 600K will get you a nice little house and barn and maybe 100 acres with a pond with fish in it.
In my opinion some places are not worth living in for the rat race. You really gain nothing in the end.

That all depends upon what one's preferences are.

The weather here is the best in the country, imho - and I enjoy the variety of urban living.

The weather here is the best in the country, imho - and I enjoy the variety of urban living.

The variety of urban living? hmmm.........

I have lived in urban settings found little variety.
Ohh yeah that house is a different color :)
The subdivision I lived in in FL had 3,000 houses, a golf course and 2 shopping centers in it.
boring...

But Eva.........

Green Acres is NOT the place to be?:confused:

green_acres.jpg

Forum List

Back