USA backing Islamic uprising?

You can look at the numbers yourself In Egypt 56 % agree with the states goals of " Al queda"
75% believe a strict appical of Sharia law is required in every muslim country
82 % believe democracy is good

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/apr07/START_Apr07_rpt.pdf
We wont have to wait very long to find out what happens , But dont pretend there isnt a reason to expect certain outcomes to be more likely then others.
I dont support terrorism intimidation or sharia law.
But I know it is a traditional and excepted tool to bring about proper behavior in Islam

Commanding the Right & Forbidding the Wrong

It would be great if those who believed in strict sharia did not have reason to believe in or support intimidation and violence to suppress people who believe in secularism and pluralism to gain that type of government .But they do and there in no reason to ignore or over look that .
There is also no reason to expect the Federal government of understanding the unintended consequence of its actions.

And yet not a single leader of this movement is calling for Sharia law, and the riots themselves have absolutely nothing to do with religion. Funny that, facts.

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood eyes unity gov't without Mubarak
Opposition group says will exclude reigning President's National Democratic Party from talks; Mohammed ElBaradei: I have been mandated by the people.

The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's largest opposition group,is in talks with other anti-government figures to form a national unity government without President Hosni Mubarak, a group official told DPA on Sunday.

Although the Muslim Brotherhood is officially banned from running for elections for parliament, some movement members have presented candidacy for parliament as independents.

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood eyes unity gov't without Mubarak - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Can you point to a single quote by any leader of this movement that has to do with Sharia law? Any? Just one?

I haven't heard any quotes , nor am I aware of who for certain who these leaders are.
Do you have the names and statements of these leaders?

No ?

I just provided the general attitude of the people. They want according to the majority sharia law, democracy will provide them with the votes to achieve that goal ,ending the western backed oppressive regime.

ElBaradei's appearance in Tahrir Square underscored the jockeying for leadership of the protest movement, which erupted seemingly out of nowhere to shake the nation, inspired in part by protests in the nearby Arab nation of Tunisia that forced out its autocratic president.

ElBaradei, the former head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog, has gained a following among young secular democracy activists
with his grassroots organizing. But some demonstrators dismissed him as an expatriate long removed from the country's problems.

"Many people feel he loves prizes and traveling abroad," said Muhammad Munir, 27. "He's not really one of the people."

The outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, which wants to establish an Islamist state in the Arab world's most populous nation, also appeared to moving for a more prominent presence after largely lying low when the protests first erupted. Sunday evening, the presence of overtly pious Muslims in the square was conspicuous, suggesting a significant Muslim Brotherhood representation. Hundreds performed the sunset prayers. Veiled women prayed separately.

A senior Brotherhood leader, Essam el-Erian, told The Associated Press he was heading to Tahrir Square to meet with other opposition leaders. Though the Brotherhood has made some statements suggesting it was willing to let ElBaradei act as pointman in any negotiations, el-Erian also suggested the movement wants a major role. He told one Egyptian TV station that the Brotherhood is ready to contact the army for a dialogue, calling the military "the protector of the nation."

Egyptian security officials said that overnight armed men fired at guards in gun battles that lasted hours at the four prisons including one northwest of Cairo that held hundreds of militants. The prisoners escaped after starting fires and clashing with guards.

Those who fled included 34 members of the Muslim Brotherhood, whose lawyer, Abdel-Monaem Abdel-Maqsoud, told The Associated Press they were among scores rounded up by authorities ahead of large anti-government demonstrations on Friday. The escapees included at least seven senior members of the group.

State TV later reported that 1,000 escaped inmates were recaptured.

Egyptian reform leader calls on Mubarak to go - Yahoo! News

A senior Brotherhood leader, Essam el-Erian, told The Associated Press he was heading to Tahrir Square to meet with other opposition leaders. Though the Brotherhood has made some statements suggesting it was willing to let ElBaradei act as pointman in any negotiations, el-Erian also suggested the movement wants a major role. He told one Egyptian TV station that the Brotherhood is ready to contact the army for a dialogue, calling the military "the protector of the nation."
A western friendly front of an Islamic fundamentalist state?
Where have I heard this before.
At least we will still have someone to give Chinese money to.

So Valarie produces information on the leaders of this movement, and you continue to produce unrelated press releases about a person from a completely different country, that has no clear connection to this movement.

The reason you can't find the leadership desiring religious extremism is because THEY AREN'T.

link, you propagandizing scum creature?

Are you claiming that the islamist filth in Egypt is not licking its chops over this, as the single organized institution in the country besides the government?

Or that the fucking **** trash terrorist shit of the earth that is the iranian diseased government is not fomenting this, or doing everything it can to induce it?

Egyptian opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei addressed crowds of protesters in Cairo's Tahrir Square Sunday, an appearance that signaled a defiant gesture against the current government and military curfew.

Wading through demonstrators shouting, "we want honor for Egypt," ElBaradei, who is positioning himself as President Hosni Mubarak's leading opposition figure, eventually made it to a podium after being carried by supporters, and he joined them in singing Egypt's national anthem.

"If my people here, the Egyptian people want me to serve as a bridge from authoritarian system into a democracy, I will not let them down," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/01/30/egypt.elbaradei/index.html

ElBaradei actually criticized the US for not making a stronger statement against Mubarak.

Clearly fed up with Mubarak’s “thirty years of brutal dictatorship,” ElBaradei said that any effort by Mubarak short of leaving the country would be a “hopeless, desperate attempt by Mubarak to stay in power.” Instead, he was eager for Egypt to undergo a “substantive, drastic shift from a dictatorship into a democracy, like the rest of the world.”

Given his eagerness to help usher in a democratic form of government to Egypt, whether as interim president himself or by any other means, ElBaradei expressed disappointment with President Obama and America’s current policy of deciding not to side against Mubarak and to urge him to step down. ElBaradei said he liked Obama, however, the American policy is a failed policy and “has absolutely no credibility in Egypt.”

ElBaradei Tells Mubarak Leave | Egypt Revolt | CNN Zakaria | Mediaite

Last edited:
Obama will be replaced,Anti Americanism is not surprising when the west has be supporting oppressing the wishes of the people in favor of the USA and Israel for so long.

"I call on the Egyptian government and security forces to exercise restraint in dealing with protesters and to respect the human rights of its citizens to seek greater participation in their own government," Clinton said on Friday. She called on President Hosni Mubarak's government to cease blocking communications inside Egypt and allow peaceful protests.

"These protests underscore that there are deep grievances within Egyptian society, and the Egyptian government needs to understand that violence will not make these grievances go away," Clinton said.

Clinton calls for openness and restraint, Kerry calls for democracy in Egypt | The Cable

In Egypt this means the Muslim Brotherhood, whether or not Nobel laureate Mohammed El Baradei ever served as figleaf. The Brotherhood is of course a different kettle of fish from Iran’s Ayatollahs; and Turkey shows that an ‘Islamic leaning’ government can be part of the liberal world – though Turkish premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan once let slip that democracy was a tram “you ride until you arrive at your destination, then you step off."

It does not take a febrile imagination to guess what the Brotherhood’s ascendancy might mean for Israel, and for strategic stability in the Mid-East. Asia has as much to lose if this goes wrong as the West. China’s energy intensity per unit of GDP is double US levels, and triple the UK.
The surge in global food prices since the summer – since Ben Bernanke signalled a fresh dollar blitz, as it happens – is not the underlying cause of Arab revolt, any more than bad harvests in 1788 were the cause of the French Revolution

Egypt and Tunisia usher in the new era of global food revolutions - Telegraph

PRESIDENT OBAMA:
Jan 28, 2011

Good evening, everybody. My administration has been closely monitoring the situation in Egypt, and I know that we will be learning more tomorrow when day breaks. As the situation continues to unfold, our first concern is preventing injury or loss of life. So I want to be very clear in calling upon the Egyptian authorities to refrain from any violence against peaceful protestors.

The people of Egypt have rights that are universal. That includes the right to peaceful assembly and association, the right to free speech, and the ability to determine their own destiny. These are human rights. And the United States will stand up for them everywhere.

I also call upon the Egyptian government to reverse the actions that they’ve taken to interfere with access to the Internet, to cell phone service and to social networks that do so much to connect people in the 21st century.

At the same time, those protesting in the streets have a responsibility to express themselves peacefully. Violence and destruction will not lead to the reforms that they seek.

Now, going forward, this moment of volatility has to be turned into a moment of promise. The United States has a close partnership with Egypt and we've cooperated on many issues, including working together to advance a more peaceful region. But we've also been clear that there must be reform -- political, social, and economic reforms that meet the aspirations of the Egyptian people.

In the absence of these reforms, grievances have built up over time. When President Mubarak addressed the Egyptian people tonight, he pledged a better democracy and greater economic opportunity. I just spoke to him after his speech and I told him he has a responsibility to give meaning to those words, to take concrete steps and actions that deliver on that promise.

Violence will not address the grievances of the Egyptian people. And suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. What’s needed right now are concrete steps that advance the rights of the Egyptian people: a meaningful dialogue between the government and its citizens, and a path of political change that leads to a future of greater freedom and greater opportunity and justice for the Egyptian people.

Now, ultimately the future of Egypt will be determined by the Egyptian people. And I believe that the Egyptian people want the same things that we all want -- a better life for ourselves and our children, and a government that is fair and just and responsive. Put simply, the Egyptian people want a future that befits the heirs to a great and ancient civilization.

The United States always will be a partner in pursuit of that future. And we are committed to working with the Egyptian government and the Egyptian people -- all quarters -- to achieve it.

Around the world governments have an obligation to respond to their citizens. That's true here in the United States; that's true in Asia; it is true in Europe; it is true in Africa; and it’s certainly true in the Arab world, where a new generation of citizens has the right to be heard.

When I was in Cairo, shortly after I was elected President, I said that all governments must maintain power through consent, not coercion. That is the single standard by which the people of Egypt will achieve the future they deserve.

Surely there will be difficult days to come. But the United States will continue to stand up for the rights of the Egyptian people and work with their government in pursuit of a future that is more just, more free, and more hopeful.

Obama's Statement on Egypt | The Weekly Standard

so we continue to see evidence that supports the idea that this has nothing to do with religion or Sharia law, and ridiculous conspiracy-theorists such at Fitnah grabbing blurbs from every bordering country and unrelated event as their indirect information. how silly.

hummmmmm....

WASHINGTON, Jan 30, 2011 (AFP) - The United States is "losing credibility by the day" in calling for democracy in Egypt while continuing to support President Hosni Mubarak, leading dissident Mohamed ElBaradei said Sunday.

ElBaradei repeated his call for the longtime strongman to step down, going so far as to assert it should happen within the next three days.

"The American government cannot ask the Egyptian people to believe that a dictator who has been in power for 30 years will be the one to implement democracy," ElBaradei told US network CBS from Cairo.

"You are losing credibility by the day. On one hand you’re talking about democracy, rule of law and human rights, and on the other hand you’re lending still your support to a dictator that continues to oppress his people," added ElBaradei, the former head of the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency.

Read more: U.S. 'losing credibility by the day' on Egypt: ElBaradei

googling-

The United States is "losing credibility by the day" in calling for democracy in Egypt while continuing to support President Hosni Mubarak, leading dissident Mohamed ElBaradei said Sunday.

I get NO hits in the first 2 pages form any major American media source EXCEPT these minor leaguers Huffpo.....and Brietbart......interesting...

Last edited:

hummmmmm....

WASHINGTON, Jan 30, 2011 (AFP) - The United States is "losing credibility by the day" in calling for democracy in Egypt while continuing to support President Hosni Mubarak, leading dissident Mohamed ElBaradei said Sunday.

ElBaradei repeated his call for the longtime strongman to step down, going so far as to assert it should happen within the next three days.

"The American government cannot ask the Egyptian people to believe that a dictator who has been in power for 30 years will be the one to implement democracy," ElBaradei told US network CBS from Cairo.

"You are losing credibility by the day. On one hand you’re talking about democracy, rule of law and human rights, and on the other hand you’re lending still your support to a dictator that continues to oppress his people," added ElBaradei, the former head of the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency.

Read more: U.S. 'losing credibility by the day' on Egypt: ElBaradei

googling-

The United States is "losing credibility by the day" in calling for democracy in Egypt while continuing to support President Hosni Mubarak, leading dissident Mohamed ElBaradei said Sunday.

I get NO hits in the first 2 pages form any major American media source EXCEPT these minor leaguers Huffpo.....and Brietbart......interesting...

He has be oppressing the muslim brotherhood.

Forum List

Back