US to Veto Palestinian Bid for State

And where did they say this was to be?

Basic reading skills, Pinocchio.

The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion. [/B]

safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine

Reading comprehension is not your long suit.

Israel safeguards all its citizens' civil and religious rights as per the League of Nations requirements.

The League of Nations granted the POLITICAL rights to Jews to establish a Jewish National Home [state] and a Jewish government.

Basic reading skills, Pinocchio.

The Mandatory shall be responsible for placing the country under such political, administrative and economic conditions as will secure the establishment of the Jewish national home, as laid down in the preamble, and the development of self-governing institutions, and also for safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine, irrespective of race and religion. [/B]

safeguarding the civil and religious rights of all the inhabitants of Palestine

Israel safeguards all its citizens' civil and religious rights as per the League of Nations requirements.

The League of Nations granted the POLITICAL rights to Jews to establish a Jewish National Home [state] and a Jewish government.

Britain violated the League of Nations charter. This does not negate the Palestinian's rights.

Britain violated the League of Nations charter. This does not negate the Palestinian's rights.

You lost the debate, again. Now, walk away.

President Woodrow Wilson, who established the League of Nations...
I am persuaded that the Allied nations, with the fullest concurrence of our own government and people, are agreed that in Palestine shall be laid the foundation of a Jewish Commonwealth

Woodrow Wilson unveiled the Draft Covenant of the League of Nations. The "Big Four" - Wilson, Lloyd George, Clemenceau, and Orlando - sit in the center, and other prominent figures such as Colonel House and Arthur Balfour are close by. The second painting is of the signing of the peace treaty in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. It shows the back of the German delegate slumped in a chair with an aide stooping alongside, under the scrutiny of the virtually the same array of conference leaders.

PBS - American Experience: Woodrow Wilson | Film & More

I am persuaded that the Allied nations, with the fullest concurrence of our own government and people, are agreed that in Palestine shall be laid the foundation of a Jewish Commonwealth

Woodrow Wilson unveiled the Draft Covenant of the League of Nations. The "Big Four" - Wilson, Lloyd George, Clemenceau, and Orlando - sit in the center, and other prominent figures such as Colonel House and Arthur Balfour are close by. The second painting is of the signing of the peace treaty in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. It shows the back of the German delegate slumped in a chair with an aide stooping alongside, under the scrutiny of the virtually the same array of conference leaders.

PBS - American Experience: Woodrow Wilson | Film & More

If you would read the League of Nations charter (that you must not have done) and match it to what Britain did, (that you probably do not know) you would see the violations.

West Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
International law (Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention) prohibits "transfers of the population of an occupying power to occupied territories", incurring a responsibility on the part of Israel's government to not settle Israeli citizens in the West Bank
The United Nations Security Council,[66] the United Nations General Assembly,[67] the United States,[68] the EU,[69] the International Court of Justice,[70] and the International Committee of the Red Cross[71] refer to it as Palestinian territory occupied by Israel. General Assembly resolution 58/292 (17 May 2004) affirmed that the Palestinian people have the right to sovereignty over the area

West Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[]International law[/] (Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention)[] prohibits "transfers of the population of an occupying power to occupied territories"[/], incurring a responsibility on the part of Israel's government to []not settle Israeli citizens in the West Bank[/]
The United Nations Security Council,[66] the United Nations General Assembly,[67] the United States,[68] the EU,[69] the International Court of Justice,[70] and the International Committee of the Red Cross[71][] refer to it as Palestinian territory occupied by Israel.[/] General Assembly resolution 58/292 (17 May 2004) affirmed that the Palestinian people have the right to sovereignty over the area

Er, the Geneva Conventions are inapplicable. The Fourth Geneva Convention regulates the treatment of civilians during war. It does not pertain to lawful Israeli communities. Israel is a democracy and does not transfer populations. :lol:

ICJ has no jurisdiction in the matter nor are ICJ judgments binding. :lol:

Now, don't you feel foolish, dink? :lol:

Last edited:

That was nice of us to start you your jewish homeland since you had none before that. Woody was a good guy.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

That was nice of us to start you your jewish homeland since you had none before that. Woody was a good guy.

Learn some history idiot. The zionists movement started long before there was a League of Nations.

you never heard me say that... well, but then again, i'm not a neocon

that said, he's done some things which fed into that meme.

I hope that wasn't the purpose of this thread my friend? You can ignore the facts all you like, it doesn't change them and the Jews in New York 9 know it. Just because you refuse to see it, and would rather cling to your ideology thats your business If Obama wins he won't need the Jewish and pro-Israel vote anymore

• September 2009: In his first address to the U.N. General Assembly, President Obama devoted five paragraphs to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, during which he declared (to loud applause) that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements." He went on to draw a connection between rocket attacks on Israeli civilians with living conditions in Gaza. There was not a single unconditional criticism of Palestinian terrorism.

• March 2010: During Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Israel, a Jerusalem municipal office announced plans for new construction in a part of Jerusalem. The president launched an unprecedented weeks-long offensive against Israel. Mr. Biden very publicly departed Israel.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton berated Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on a now-infamous 45-minute phone call, telling him that Israel had "harmed the bilateral relationship." (The State Department triumphantly shared details of the call with the press.) The Israeli ambassador was dressed-down at the State Department, Mr. Obama's Middle East envoy canceled his trip to Israel, and the U.S. joined the European condemnation of Israel.

Moments after Mr. Biden concluded his visit to the West Bank, the Palestinian Authority held a ceremony to honor Dalal Mughrabi, who led one of the deadliest Palestinian terror attacks in history: the so-called Coastal Road Massacre that killed 38, including 13 children and an American. The Obama administration was silent. But that same day, on ABC, Mr. Axelrod called Israel's planned construction of apartments in its own capital an "insult" and an "affront" to the United States. Press Secretary Robert Gibbs went on Fox News to accuse Mr. Netanyahu of "weakening trust" between the two countries.

Ten days later, Mr. Netanyahu traveled to Washington to mend fences but was snubbed at a White House meeting with President Obama—no photo op, no joint statement, and he was sent out through a side door.

• April 2010: Mr. Netanyahu pulled out of the Obama-sponsored Washington summit on nuclear proliferation after it became clear that Turkey and Egypt intended to use the occasion to condemn the Israeli nuclear program, and Mr. Obama would not intervene.

• March 2011: Mr. Obama returned to his habit of urging Israelis to engage in self-reflection, inviting Jewish community leaders to the White House and instructing them to "search your souls" about Israel's dedication to peace.

• May 2011: The State Department issued a press release declaring that the department's No. 2 official, James Steinberg, would be visiting "Israel, Jerusalem, and the West Bank." In other words, Jerusalem is not part of Israel. Later in the month, only hours before Mr. Netanyahu departed from Israel to Washington, Mr. Obama delivered his Arab Spring speech, which focused on a demand that Israel return to its indefensible pre-1967 borders with land swaps.

None of that is "Anti-Israel".

The Jewish Homeland is 3000 years old, much older than yours. :lol:

PBS Nova...
In the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt in 1896, British archaeologisit Flinders Petrie unearthed one of the most important discoveries in biblical archaeology known as the Merneptah Stele. Merneptah's stele announces the entrance on the world stage of a People named Israel.

The Merneptah Stele is powerful evidence that a People called the Israelites are living in Canaan over 3000 years ago

Dr. Donald Redford, Egyptologist and archaeologist: The Merneptah Stele is priceless evidence for the presence of an ethnical group called Israel.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvg2EZAEw5c]1/13 The Bible's Buried Secrets (NOVA PBS) - YouTube[/ame]

Harvard Semitic Museum: The Houses of Ancient Israel
In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.

Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k66717&tabgroupid=icb.tabgroup103110

Last edited:

Learn some history idiot. The zionists movement started long before there was a League of Nations.

But the League of Nations gave you an official country. You must have missed a few history classes yourself.

But the League of Nations gave you an official country. You must have missed a few history classes yourself.

Israel was official 3000 years ago, dink. Your homeland, not so much

In archaeological terms The Houses of Ancient Israel: Domestic, Royal, Divine focuses on the Iron Age (1200-586 B.C.E.). Iron I (1200-1000 B.C.E.) represents the premonarchical period. Iron II (1000-586 B.C.E.) was the time of kings. Uniting the tribal coalitions of Israel and Judah in the tenth century B.C.E., David and Solomon ruled over an expanding realm. After Solomon's death (c. 930 B.C.E.) Israel and Judah separated into two kingdoms.

Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

So there was a country named Israel before 1948? And it was part of the League of Nations? You sure?

So there was a country named Israel before 1948? And it was part of the League of Nations? You sure?

Israel was led at times by strong kings, Omri and Ahab in the ninth century B.C.E. and Jereboam II in the eighth. The Houses of Ancient Israel § Semitic Museum

I'm guessing English isn't your first language. I'm asking if there was a country named Israel before 1948. The answer is no. There might have been one 2000 years ago, maybe, but between say, 1900 and 1948, there wasn't. Go look it up. Present day Israel was created by the West.

I'm guessing English isn't your first language. I'm asking if there was a country named Israel before 1948. The answer is no. There might have been one 2000 years ago, maybe, but between say, 1900 and 1948, there wasn't. Go look it up. Present day Israel was created by the West.

You lost, dickhead. Go back to sleep.

Last edited:
Even though I am a lifetime Republican.

I will be urging everyone I know to vote for Obama in the next election.

Because in his second term he will not have to kowtow to AIPAC or the Israeli lobby.

And can finally free America from its support of the apartheid Zionist government of Isreal.

Even though I am a lifetime Republican.

I will be urging everyone I know to vote for Obama in the next election.

Because in his second term he will not have to kowtow to AIPAC or the Israeli lobby.

And can finally free America from its support of the apartheid Zionist government of Isreal.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton...
On behalf of President Obama and the people of the United States, I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of Israel on your 63rd National Day this May 10 – a young nation, but a rich history that holds deep meaning for so many. Your achievements are a testament to your hardworking citizens, innovative economy, and commitment to democratic institutions. Israel has been a beacon of hope and freedom for so many around the world.

Sixty-three years ago the United States was the first country to recognize Israel's independence, and that spirit of kinship continues to guide us today. Our two countries are united by a deep, unshakable friendship and bond. We are bound together by our shared values and history pursuing freedom, equality and democracy. And this relationship is deepening every day. Whether it’s our security partnerships or the expanding economic and trade collaborations – our work together is securing a brighter future for all our people.

As you celebrate your independence, the Middle East is experiencing rapid change. This is a moment of uncertainty, but also of opportunity. The security of Israel is - and will remain - a cornerstone of U.S. foreign policy, and we will continue to strive for a comprehensive peace between Israel and all of its neighbors.

Israel's National Day

Forum List

Back