US Senate Votes To Ban Torture

I don't see a democrat on there who voted to continue torture... all republicans. Hm..

Makes no different since the far left agrees to do away with Due Process and just drone people..

You gotta stop looking like a one trick poney....."drone people."

Says the far left drone with their Boooooosssssshhhhhh comment!

See how the far left will support Obama as he does away with Due Process..

So when W trumped up a "lawyer" to say that waterboarding was fine, he was wrong....DEAD WRONG. And you the majority of the RWers on this board were drooling as they tried to defend another one of the recovering alcoholic's decisions. Remember how you all defended waterboarding? No, you probably don't.....now.

The two lawyers in the govt who defended the torture policy are LDS.

They should have been excommunicated then and certainly now.

I object to the characterization of rectal
rehydration as "torture"-----there are
medical indications for its use. ----maybe
not a whole lot-----but some----
You clearly did not watch the John Oliver video.

If you like, I can quote from the Senate Intelligence Committee Report On Torture since I have a copy.

In short, you are wrong. Very wrong.

From the Senate report:

At least five CIA detainees were subjected to 'rectal rehydration' or rectal feeding without documented medical necessity.

Majid Khan's 'lunch tray' of hummus, pasta with sauce, nuts and raisins was 'pureed' and rectally infused.

Some more wonderful treatment:
CIA officers also threatened at least three detainees with harm to their families - to include threats to harm the children of a detainee, threats to sexually abuse the mother of a detainee, and a threat to "cut [a detainee's] mother's throat."

The report is 549 pages, and reads like a Clive Owen horror novel.

One completely innocent detainee was subjected to such extreme interrogation that he died.

Host Chuck Todd asked Cheney to respond to the Senate Intelligence Committee report's account that one detainee was "chained to the wall of a cell, doused with water, froze to death in CIA custody."

"And it turned out it was a case of mistaken identity," Todd said.

"Right," Cheney responded. "But the problem I have was with all of the folks that we did release that end up back on the battlefield."

"I’m more concerned with bad guys who got out and released than I am with a few that in fact were innocent," he continued.

Todd pressed Cheney, asking if he was okay with the fact that about 25 percent of the detainees interrogated were actually innocent.

"I have no problem
as long as we achieve our objective. And our objective is to get the guys who did 9/11 and it is to avoid another attack against the United States," Cheney responded.

Cheney Seems Unfazed By Question About Innocent Detainee Who Died VIDEO

Cool but I suspect those methods will continue, and now they'll just make extra sure that we don't hear about it.
I would not be so sure about that. No interrogator is going to risk going to prison for violating a clear cut law against torture.
Also, sure the other interrogators wouldn't mind a promotion for dobbing in a regulation corner cutter.

Think attitudes are changing around torture, not just in the general public, but with the military higher echelon as well.

This is the first time that the US government has really made an effort to confront the torture issue, as the issue has been on a backburner since the start of the cold war.

try again-----I did not claim that rectal hydration could not possibly be used----PERVERSELY--as an abuse. I, CORRECTLY, stated that it is a very important therapeutic modality in REHYDRATION of both persons suffering dysentery and persons
engaging in "hunger strikes". It this important therapeutic modalty is labeled ----TORTURE----any LIFE SAVING use of it can be prosecuted. You want that? You dance on dead bodies?

Sure hope they have a way to get info out of prisoners since waterboarding is torture.

Gotta laugh. People are more concerned with the rights of jihadist shitbags than they are with the welfare of our soldiers who if caught will endure way more than waterboardinig.

Oh and never mind that "We're to good to do that." We have to turn the other check and carry on. Wonder how many cheeks get destroyed before the bleeding hearts in this country catch a fucking clue.

The two lawyers in the govt who defended the torture policy are LDS.

They should have been excommunicated then and certainly now.

The LDS, as in the faith of the previous GOP Presidential nominee? Really?

Sure hope they have a way to get info out of prisoners since waterboarding is torture.

Gotta laugh. People are more concerned with the rights of jihadist shitbags than they are with the welfare of our soldiers who if caught will endure way more than waterboardinig.

Oh and never mind that "We're to good to do that." We have to turn the other check and carry on. Wonder how many cheeks get destroyed before the bleeding hearts in this country catch a fucking clue.
We are better than that, just because torture works in the movies does not mean that is how things really are. The legal techniques of interrogation are effective enough that we should never have to resort to medieval bullshit that is effective only in getting faulty intelligence.

We are better than that, just because torture works in the movies does not mean that is how things really are. The legal techniques of interrogation are effective enough that we should never have to resort to medieval bullshit that is effective only in getting faulty intelligence.

Another bleeding heart who cares more for the rights of shitbag killers than he does about our own soldiers who sure as shit would bear more than waterboarding.

Our soldiers who have to fight a war with both hands tied behind their backs and ridiculous Rules of Engagement.

I'm sure the military would agree with me. Do what needs to be done to get the info you need to save American lives. Shitbags have no rights. They fight a war with their own rules while we adhere to the Geneva convention. Bullshit.

As for that "We're better than that." Hell doing things that way gets you killed especially when your fight a war with shitbags who don't play by anyone's rules.

Oh and I'm sure all those "legal" techniques work until some clueless bastard decides that those can't be used either because the shitbags have "rights."

Bleeding hearts like you get soldier killed. God knows we have to keep the rights of jihadist killers in mind. You're an idiot.

\

Last edited:
We don't want the government to torture prisoners. There are other ways to rehydrate without rectal hydration. If there is any intent to coerce instead only to save a life, then, it is torture.

The Claudettes who torture and and act like jihadists belong in prison, no buts or ifs.

Another bleeding heart who cares more for the rights of shitbag killers than he does about our own soldiers who sure as shit would bear more than waterboarding.

Our soldiers who have to fight a war with hand tied behind their backs and ridiculous Rules of Engagement. I'm sure the military would agree with me. Do what needs to be done to get the info you need to save American lives. Shitbags have no rights. They fight a war with their own rules while we adhere to the Geneva convention. Bullshit.

Oh and I'm sure all those "legal" techniques work until some clueless bastard decides that those can't be used either because the shitbags have "rights."

As for me? I'd waterboard every one of em and not lose one minute of sleep.

Hell. I'd nuke the entire middle east.
Yeah, just because we are fighting monsters does not mean we have to be monstrous. America used to have the moral high ground in the fight against terrorism, this is one needed step to get it back, another is to close the illegal prison at Gitmo.

Our soldiers who have to fight a war with hand tied behind their backs and ridiculous Rules of Engagement. I'm sure the military would agree with me. Do what needs to be done to get the info you need to save American lives. Shitbags have no rights. They fight a war with their own rules while we adhere to the Geneva convention. Bullshit.

Yeah, just because we are fighting monsters does not mean we have to be monstrous. America used to have the moral high ground in the fight against terrorism, this is one needed step to get it back, another is to close the illegal prison at Gitmo.

Moral high ground my ass. That gets soldiers killed. That ridiculous moral high ground doesn't do you one bit of good when your fighting an enemy that plays by no ones rules.

As for Gitmo. Its the best place for those shitbags. Hell. They should execute all of em not release em to go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of to kill more of our soldiers.

Idiots like you make me sick. You think more of your "moral high ground" than you do about our soldiers.

Hope your ass never lands in the Middle east. We'd just how long that moral high ground you tout would last.

Amazing

21st century America....who would vote in favor of torture?

Moral high ground my ass. That gets soldiers killed. That ridiculous moral high ground doesn't do you one bit of good when your fighting an enemy that plays by no ones rules.

As for Gitmo. Its the best place for those shitbags. Hell. They should execute all of em not release em to go back to whatever shithole they crawled out of to kill more of our soldiers.

Idiots like you make me sick. You think more of your "moral high ground" than you do about our soldiers.

Hope your ass never lands in the Middle east. We'd just how long that moral high ground you tout would last.
When fighting an asymmetric war the moral high ground is essential or the peace will never be won. We have the power to destroy anything but without seeming like decent people trying to stop the bad people we are just greedy killers fucking up someone else's country.

When fighting an asymmetric war the moral high ground is essential or the peace will never be won. We have the power to destroy anything but without seeming like decent people trying to stop the bad people we are just greedy killers fucking up someone else's country.

You think those shitbags will sue for peace??

Somehow I doubt that. They will continue to kill and maim in their quest for the Muslim takeover of the world.

Yeah, our Moral High Ground will come in real handy. Our lets be the good guys and better than they are will come in handy as well as Muslims try to take the world back to the seventh century.

Nice guys always finish last especially fighting a war with an enemy that plays by NO rules.

Forum List

Back