"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The C-FAGs response to this is likely to be funny. Some bullshit about GOP obstruction, as if they've stopped the moonbat messiah from doing anything.

Just watched a documentary about the island of Tuvalu in the South Pacific. Just like like other low lying areas, they are seeing their homes disappear because of the rising oceans. We've also seen it in our own country and yes, we really MUST find a way to act in spite of the willful ignorance on the right.

Actually, I don't believe we will.

We could choose to save ourselves but I have absolutely no hope that we will.

Stupid RWs don't give a crap about their own children and grand children. They care much more about putting more money in the pockets of the 1%.

Just watched a documentary about the island of Tuvalu in the South Pacific. Just like like other low lying areas, they are seeing their homes disappear because of the rising oceans. We've also seen it in our own country and yes, we really MUST find a way to act in spite of the willful ignorance on the right.

Stupid RWs don't give a crap about their own children and grand children. They care much more about putting more money in the pockets of the 1%.

Are you calling Obama a LIAR??? Remember HE SAID..""This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

Obama was elected because HE made all these promises including the above!
Was he doing to you what he said he did to most people from his "Dreams from My Father"...
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

He told this people they were FOOLS!
Then he hires an advisor who has the same attitude about the "Stupidity of the American Voter" with Jonathan Gruber!

YOU were fools and you don't even know Obama called you ones!

Now as far as the Oceans rising....
Beginning in late April, Antarctic sea ice extent surpassed the previous satellite-era record set in 2014, and for the entire month of May it has set daily record high ice extents. This makes May 2015 the record high month for the 1979 to 2015 period. As has been the case for several months, ice extent is unusually high in areas of the eastern Ross Sea – western Amundsen Sea, and in the northern and northeastern Weddell Sea. Unusually high extent has developed over the Davis Sea area of the far southern Indian Ocean.
Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Kiribati is at risk of disappearing because of sea level rise caused by melting sea ice and and ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica. These changes in climate are blamed on carbon emissions from power plants, cars, and other human activities.

Read more: Pacific Island Nation Kiribati Sinking - Business Insider

NOW for another point of view...
Among the island chains to have increased in land area are Tuvalu and neighbouring Kiribati, both of which attracted attention at last year's Copenhagen climate summit.

In the study, researchers compared aerial photographs and high-resolution satellite images of 27 islands taken since the 1950s.

Only four islands, mostly uninhabited, had decreased in area despite local sea level rises of almost five inches in that time, while 23 stayed the same or grew.

Seven islands in Tuvalu grew, one by 30 per cent, although the study did not include the most populous island.
Pacific islands growing not shrinking due to climate change - Telegraph

What happened?????
GLOBAL PEACE INDEX REPORT:
WORLD IS LESS PEACEFUL TODAY THAN IN 2008′

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/sites/default/files/Global Peace Index Report 2015_0.pdf

I thought when Obama said "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
Obama s Nomination Victory Speech In St. Paul

We would have Peace. Prosperity. HOPE... CHANGE!!!
After all he brought all the
troops home from Iraq.
What happened???
The problems Booosh created were bigger than even the Annointed One could conceive.

Sea levels rise, sea levels fall.

Men have moved with them for eons.

Are you calling Obama a LIAR??? Remember HE SAID..""This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

Was he doing to you what he said he did to most people from his "Dreams from My Father"...
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

Then he hires an advisor who has the same attitude about the "Stupidity of the American Voter" with Jonathan Gruber!

Beginning in late April, Antarctic sea ice extent surpassed the previous satellite-era record set in 2014, and for the entire month of May it has set daily record high ice extents. This makes May 2015 the record high month for the 1979 to 2015 period. As has been the case for several months, ice extent is unusually high in areas of the eastern Ross Sea – western Amundsen Sea, and in the northern and northeastern Weddell Sea. Unusually high extent has developed over the Davis Sea area of the far southern Indian Ocean.

Kiribati is at risk of disappearing because of sea level rise caused by melting sea ice and and ice sheets in Greenland and Antarctica. These changes in climate are blamed on carbon emissions from power plants, cars, and other human activities.

Among the island chains to have increased in land area are Tuvalu and neighbouring Kiribati, both of which attracted attention at last year's Copenhagen climate summit.

In the study, researchers compared aerial photographs and high-resolution satellite images of 27 islands taken since the 1950s.

Only four islands, mostly uninhabited, had decreased in area despite local sea level rises of almost five inches in that time, while 23 stayed the same or grew.

Seven islands in Tuvalu grew, one by 30 per cent, although the study did not include the most populous island.

You dumb ditz.

He was also elected under the promise from the Repubs that they would not allow him to serve. You idiots know the Rs have obstructed and lied from day one.

Fact is, President Obama has made some truly historical accomplishments and you know that too.

In spite of the Rs, we have jobs and economic recovery, housing starts ^ and on and on.

In spite of the Rs, the US has the strongest economy on this planet.

You're just pissed because the president doesn't eat M&Ms.

ONCE again FACTS have a way of getting in the way of hyperbole...
Luddite said..."Just watched a documentary about the island of Tuvalu in the South Pacific. Just like like other low lying areas, they are seeing their homes disappear because of the rising oceans. "

Strange but the FACTS are
1) Tuvalu is 15 feet above sea level.
2) since 1993 there has been a 5-millimetre rise in sea levels surrounding Tuvalu per year.
3) 5mm equals 0.197 inches.
4) Divide 180 inches which is 15 feet within 913 years Tuvalu will be under water....that is if the Antarctica melts!
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.55.52 PM.png

Strange how hyperbole, exaggerations make headlines but when upon further scholarship... we find bull crap!

You dumb ditz.

He was also elected under the promise from the Repubs that they would not allow him to serve. You idiots know the Rs have obstructed and lied from day one.

Fact is, President Obama has made some truly historical accomplishments and you know that too.

In spite of the Rs, we have jobs and economic recovery, housing starts ^ and on and on.

Obama pissed away two years in which he had the House and the Senate.

Don't forget that part.

White House is no place for OJT; even Biden knew that.

Living on the Gulf Coast I have had multiple opportunities to witness the water staying right where it is now over the last 45 years.
And we're talking flat as a pancake type land that would immediately show any type of rise.
Is the water somehow different in the Gulf compared to the rest of the world?

You dumb ditz.

I am calling you a fool because YOU believed his idiotic promises!
Obama was plain ignorant inexperienced in running and administration and yet fools like you believed him!
Of course ANY President must be the President of ALL but do you really think if fools like you hadn't believed all his stupid
promises he would have been elected???

OH and guess what they blamed for a loss in economic activity??? BAD WEATHER!!
Where in the hell were the excuses then for THESE BAD WEATHER EVENTS???

$1 trillion in losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history.
The worst, Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Rank Disaster Year Deaths Damage* $250 Billion in damages in the 8 disasters of the top 15 disasters in history!
1. Hurricane Katrina (LA/MS/AL/FL) 2005 1833 $133,800,000,000
6. Hurricane Ike (TX/LA/MS) 2008 112 $27,000,000,000
7. Hurricane Wilma (FL) 2005 35 $17,100,000,000
8. Hurricane Rita (TX/LA) 2005 119 $17,100,000,000
9. Hurricane Charley (FL) 2004 35 $16,500,000,000
12. Midwest Floods 2008 24 $15,000,000,000
13. Hurricane Ivan (FL/AL) 2004 57 $13,000,000,000
14. 30-State Drought 2002 0 $11,400,000,000
Costliest U.S. Weather Disasters Weather Underground

THESE events OCCURRED!
YET in SPITE of
a) 400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita ,
b) 2,800,000 jobs in alone due to 9/11,
c) 300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts...
But policymakers on the Federal Open Market Committee decided to wait after recent data showed the economy continued to struggle to take off. Last month, the Commerce Department downgraded its estimate of first quarter economic activity to show a 0.7% contraction that was driven in large part by unusually bad winter weather and the West Coast ports dispute.

Quick, hike the price of our gasoline to $9/gallon, before those poor islanders have to evolve into dolphins!

Yes, Tuvalu and the Maldives are both supposedly going to be under water by 2050. I wonder how the heck the Maldives were able to sucker some moron into investing over 400 million dollars into FIVE new international airports. I mean, that's a ton of money to spend on a place that's not going to be around long enough to repay that investment.

"Ministry of Transport and Communication has said that the delayed works on five regional airports are now underway.

Speaking at a press conference today, Minister of Transport Dr Ahmed Shamheed said that the ministry’s highest priority currently is the development regional airports.

Work is underway on the development of airports in B. Dharavandhoo, Th. Thimarafushi, Ga. Kooddoo, R. Ifuru, and Gdh. Maavarulu.

“Development of airports in all regions is underway. We are currently at the planning stage, and looking for investors,” Dr Shamheed said.

He said that work on N. Maafaru and Sh. Farukolhu airports are yet to begin."

SunOnline - Work on five airports underway Transport Ministry

Living on the Gulf Coast I have had multiple opportunities to witness the water staying right where it is now over the last 45 years.
And we're talking flat as a pancake type land that would immediately show any type of rise.
In Louisiana, we have lost millions of acres of what was once farmland along the coast.

Hundreds of reasons why, global warming is not one.

Mississippi River flood control has meant the soil that once built land now goes out into the Gulf Stream and is killing coral in the Florida Strait.

Loss of barrier islands and land is a major problem on a lot of the Gulf Coast, where are you?

You dumb ditz.

The economy is stalled.

Global Warming is a farce.

He has started Wars in Syria and Libya.

He has nearly destroyed our relationship with Israel.

He has coddled and snuggled with Islamic Terrorists.

I agree, truly historic in an infamous sort of way.

In Louisiana, we have lost millions of acres of what was once farmland along the coast.

Hundreds of reasons why, global warming is not one.

Mississippi River flood control has meant the soil that once built land now goes out into the Gulf Stream and is killing coral in the Florida Strait.

Loss of barrier islands and land is a major problem on a lot of the Gulf Coast, where are you?

Houston.
The only time we lose any of the barrier islands is during hurricanes.
Given time the replenish themselves.

Just in case someone missed it...
Luddite said..."Just watched a documentary about the island of Tuvalu in the South Pacific. Just like like other low lying areas, they are seeing their homes disappear because of the rising oceans. "

Strange but the FACTS are:
1) Tuvalu is 15 feet above sea level.
2) since 1993 there has been a 5-millimetre rise or 0.197 inches in sea levels surrounding Tuvalu per year.
3) 15 feet above sea level is 180 inches
4) Divide 180 inches by 0.197 inch increase per year and by the year 2928 or 913 years, Tuvalu will be under water.
Tuvalu The South Pacific Island sinking in Global Emissions

Why hasn't anyone challenged global warming supporters that use Tuvalu as the prime example of global warming
raising the sea levels about the fact it will take almost a 1,000 years before Tuvalu is covered?

Forum List

Back