US resettles 75,000 Bhutanese refugees since 2007; State Department goes back on its

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
US resettles 75,000 Bhutanese refugees since 2007; State Department goes back on its word

Posted by Ann Corcoran on April 13, 2014

In 2007, then Asst. Secretary of State for Population Refugees and Migration, Ellen Saurbrey, said the US had agreed to take 60,000 of the 100,000 Bhutanese (really Nepali) refugees living in camps in Nepal over a five year period. Here we are, going on 7 years, and we have now taken in 75,000 with more on the way!

You can read all about why we decided it was our duty (here) to do this when we had no national interest in it—other than that the UN told us to do it! And, surely US companies, looking for cheap legal labor, were egging the Bush administration on, while the human rights industrial complex agitators cheered. In fairness, we can’t blame Sauerbrey for what the subsequent Obama State Department is doing.

But, pay attention because they will do this (lie) about the Syrians as well.

Once the US State Department begins the process with its resettlement contractors, the numbers will balloon way beyond what they promised in the first place. Remember the contractors are paid by the head to resettle refugees in your cities and town. They are always out scouting for a fresh supply!

Other countries were supposed to help, but as is the usual case, the lion’s share falls on the US.

From the International Organization for Migration (also a US contractor):

Nepal – The United States this week resettled its 75,000th Bhutanese refugee from eastern Nepal. Tilak Chand Ghimire, 44, his wife, 12-year-old daughter and 75-year-old parents, will start new lives in Akron, Ohio, where his brother resettled in 2010.

The move brings the total number of Bhutanese refugees resettled from Nepal since 2007 by IOM, in close cooperation with the Nepali government, the embassies of resettlement countries and UNHCR, to 88,770.

Get it! We took 75,000 of the 88,770 resettled so far!

All subsequent negotiations to allow them to return to Bhutan failed and almost the whole 107,000 caseload are expected to eventually be resettled in third countries, notably the US.

Tilak, like many of the Lhotsampas, sees resettlement in the US as the only permanent solution open to him, but is also aware of what he will be leaving behind. "Nepal has allowed us to stay here for so long, and Bhutan is where we were born. We can never forget these places," he says.

US resettles 75,000 Bhutanese refugees since 2007; State Department goes back on its word « Refugee Resettlement Watch

Most of these people aren't going anywhere...Likely going to become permanent and likely citizens.

Last edited:
Matthew why do you seem like you got a problem with colored immigrants coming to the USA? They should open the doors for anyone that wants to come here. This is a multiracial society get with the times.

• Banned
Well, we shouldn't open the door for every uneducated fool that couldn't do for themselves. I am not against educated immigrates that can add to our society...

Why is it our problem to educate the world?

Last edited:
Well, we shouldn't open the door for every uneducated fool that couldn't do for themselves. I am not against educated immigrates that can add to our society...

Someone has to make the world a better place. Obama is working hard to do exactly that as we speak.

Then according to you, the Statue of Liberty has got to go.....

So that we will be too busy educating imbeciles to do for ourselves.

Someone has to make the world a better place. Obama is working hard to do exactly that as we speak.
You are mistaken. Obama is creating a society in which those who work and pay taxes are being used to be the actual slaves.

When you bring people into a culture that finds it can ride for free, they do just that.

Such mismanagement will not come to a good end.

Last edited:

Just like the successes of...say...Detroit?

Just like the successes of...say...Detroit?

Or the shit hole these people made for themselves. Very few of these people have a culture that strives to better the place they land.

Forum List

Back