US obesity problem is not budging, new data shows

Sugar, sugar everywhere. I have reactive hypoglycemia and it is a royal pain in the ass shopping for even simple stuff like rice crispies that are free of sugar.
. Yep it's tough once the dieting starts.
I don't even have diabetes but because of my metabolism or whatever something like having a sugary cereal first thing in the morning affects me badly. It's not a big deal it is just annoying when something simple like rice crispies that you would think doesn't have much sugar does. If you have to look for it on labels you soon realize it is in damn near everything.
Would have been worse for you in the 60s. No labels and no healthy cereals were marketed.

So.....

I will bet those Venezuelans who are now restoring to hunting rabbits for food along with wiping their asses with their hands, would not mind living here.

What needs to happen is people stop being so god damn lazy and caving in for the endless desire of sugar.

That's hard to do when added sugar is in almost everything that's available to eat in the United States.

Everything You Need to Know About Sugar. | Nerd Fitness

1822: Americans consume 45 grams of sugar every five days, or the amount of sugar in a can of coke.

2012: Americans consume 756 grams of sugar every five days, or 130 POUNDS of sugar a year.

More than a pound of sugar every 3 days on average.

Yeah people have no control over what they eat.

Latest data on Americas obesity problem

DDDzrqZU0AAYQuV.jpg

Michelle Obama advocated exercise and a balanced diet

Fat Donnie believes in fast food and that exercise uses up your lifetime supply of energy

The problem of obesity is a complicated one....diet is only one component. Lack of activity...electronic stationary amusements....motorized toys instead of people powered....all create a grim outlook for today's children.

And processed foods which is just about everything people eat now..

Everything is get it now in the microwave which is horrible for young growing bodies..Michelle tried to go fresh foods,and get off your butt and move..
People are too busy working 2 jobs to make things from scratch..

She didn't "try" to do anything except force people to eat the way she approved of. That's not what our government is for.

Mars Candy And Michelle Obama Are Making Candy Bars Smaller — And Twitter Is FREAKING Out
She didn't force anyone. Honestly can't you get beyond your knee jerk talking points hatred of her and see it? You can't bitch about obesity and turn around and savage those trying to promote health at the same time. It comes off looking like you just do it because you hate HER and therefor any and every thing she does or says.
. Oh so you forget about the stories after Michelle started her bullcrap where schools looked through the kids lunch bag, and said to him to tell his parents that she couldn't send him to school with the items that were in the bag eh ? You remember them confiscating the kids lunch don't you ? It's just like the bullcrap Barack started or tried to enforce about the bathrooms, where as the next thing people knew such a thing was gonna be enforced in the schools or they were going to lose federal monies and such remember ? The Reason School Lunches Were Confiscated From Children Has Parents Infuriated

Obama Decrees ALL Public Schools Must Allow Transgender Bathroom Use

Are you kidding me? Liberals applauded and defended that act. Well.........most of them defend just about anything they do.

Fat Donnie believes in fast food and that exercise uses up your lifetime supply of energy

Yeah, but I bet fat Donny won't try to force kids and others to eat the kind of foods he approves of. Thats the difference between Republicans and Democrats. We are not control freaks.

What needs to happen is people stop being so god damn lazy and caving in for the endless desire of sugar.

That's hard to do when added sugar is in almost everything that's available to eat in the United States.

1822: Americans consume 45 grams of sugar every five days, or the amount of sugar in a can of coke.

2012: Americans consume 756 grams of sugar every five days, or 130 POUNDS of sugar a year.

. Exactly.... Last I heard freedom of choice was still supported by the majority of Americans. Well until Michelle and that idiot Mayer in New York came along trying to shove their communist broccoli and smaller soft drinks down America's throats. Don't ya just love it when the problem isn't even addressed, but a feel good gesture turned into law becomes the norm with these communist ??

. Exactly.... Last I heard freedom of choice was still supported by the majority of Americans. Well until Michelle and that idiot Mayer in New York came along trying to shove their communist broccoli and smaller soft drinks down America's throats. Don't ya just love it when the problem isn't even addressed, but a feel good gesture turned into law becomes the norm with these communist ??

I posted this earlier, but in case you missed this story:

Mars Candy And Michelle Obama Are Making Candy Bars Smaller — And Twitter Is FREAKING Out

Control freaks, every last one of them.

The problem of obesity is a complicated one....diet is only one component. Lack of activity...electronic stationary amusements....motorized toys instead of people powered....all create a grim outlook for today's children.

Everything is get it now in the microwave which is horrible for young growing bodies..Michelle tried to go fresh foods,and get off your butt and move..

She didn't "try" to do anything except force people to eat the way she approved of. That's not what our government is for.

She didn't force anyone. Honestly can't you get beyond your knee jerk talking points hatred of her and see it? You can't bitch about obesity and turn around and savage those trying to promote health at the same time. It comes off looking like you just do it because you hate HER and therefor any and every thing she does or says.
. Oh so you forget about the stories after Michelle started her bullcrap where schools looked through the kids lunch bag, and said to him to tell his parents that she couldn't send him to school with the items that were in the bag eh ? You remember them confiscating the kids lunch don't you ? It's just like the bullcrap Barack started or tried to enforce about the bathrooms, where as the next thing people knew such a thing was gonna be enforced in the schools or they were going to lose federal monies and such remember ? The Reason School Lunches Were Confiscated From Children Has Parents Infuriated

Are you kidding me? Liberals applauded and defended that act. Well.........most of them defend just about anything they do.
. Are you kidding me ?? No I'm not kidding you.. It's right there in the links what the crazies wanted, and we're trying to force on we the American electorate.

I was a child in the 50's, ate lots of fried foods, and even the few vegetables I would eat were cooked with bacon fat or butter. No soft drinks, but plenty of kool aid with added sugar. My brother and I, after we did our chores would be outside riding our bikes, building forts with pine needles, outside until it got dark and we had to go inside. Neither one of us were ever over weight. As soon as my son could walk, we were at the parks on weekends, during the week after dinner we would walk around the neighborhood. As he got older, he had friends over on the weekends, for every hour they played video games, they had to play an hour outside. Funny, they would be having so much fun outside, they would forget about coming inside. I was/am a single parent, worked full time, still raised my son to be a decent, productive human being. Oh, he was also adopted, and as a Christian, Conservative, white Republican, those who say we only care about the unborn, how many children have you fostered, adopted, I've done both, how about you.....Off topic there I know, but I am so sick of the lies!

. Are you kidding me ?? No I'm not kidding you.. It's right there in the links what the crazies wanted, and we're trying to force on we the American electorate.

I remember when we had to read the book 1984 in junior high school. We just accepted it as fiction given the fact the year 1984 was a little over a decade away. Americans would never dream of having a country like that.

Orwell had great insight even though he had the wrong year. But his predictions were spot on, and if we don't fight liberalism to it's end, 1984 will be nonfiction.

Yeah, but I bet fat Donny won't try to force kids and others to eat the kind of foods he approves of. Thats the difference between Republicans and Democrats. We are not control freaks.

No, Fat Donnie will take away subsidies for lunch
That will make those little fatties trim down

Twinkles and Cola for all!

I was a child in the 50's, ate lots of fried foods, and even the few vegetables I would eat were cooked with bacon fat or butter. No soft drinks, but plenty of kool aid with added sugar. My brother and I, after we did our chores would be outside riding our bikes, building forts with pine needles, outside until it got dark and we had to go inside. Neither one of us were ever over weight. As soon as my son could walk, we were at the parks on weekends, during the week after dinner we would walk around the neighborhood. As he got older, he had friends over on the weekends, for every hour they played video games, they had to play an hour outside. Funny, they would be having so much fun outside, they would forget about coming inside. I was/am a single parent, worked full time, still raised my son to be a decent, productive human being. Oh, he was also adopted, and as a Christian, Conservative, white Republican, those who say we only care about the unborn, how many children have you fostered, adopted, I've done both, how about you.....Off topic there I know, but I am so sick of the lies!

A couple of years ago my neighbors kid got one of those portable basketball hoops. Before you knew it, the entire neighborhood was here. Some of my tenants complained about the noise, but I told them it's a sacrifice. If we stopped them from playing ball, they would be inside the house eating Cheetos and playing basketball on the television set.

They went to the extreme and we had to limit their playing time, but at least we didn't stop them completely. We put up with it all day, but when it got dark outside, we told them to cut it out for the day.

I remember when we had to read the book 1984 in junior high school. We just accepted it as fiction given the fact the year 1984 was a little over a decade away. Americans would never dream of having a country like that.

Orwell had great insight even though he had the wrong year. But his predictions were spot on, and if we don't fight liberalism to it's end, 1984 will be nonfiction.
1984 was an abuse of conservatism

How did they know about Trump?

Yes, because God forbid the parent make a lunch for the kid.

1984 was an abuse of conservatism

How did they know about Trump?

So what are you telling us, that you have no clue what conservatism and liberalism are?

NEW YORK (AP) - America's weight problem isn't getting any better, according to new government research.

Overall, obesity figures stayed about the same: About 40 percent of adults are obese and 18.5 percent of children. Those numbers are a slight increase from the last report but the difference is so small that it could have occurred by chance.

Worrisome to experts is the rate for children and teenagers, which had hovered around 17 percent for a decade. The 2-to-5 age group had the biggest rise.

The bad news is that the numbers didn't go down, experts say. In recent years, state and national health officials have focused on obesity in kids, who were the target of the national Let's Move campaign launched by former first lady Michelle Obama in 2010.

The last sentence is very telling: kids are still fat in spite of Moochelle trying to force them to eat foods they didn't want or like.

I'm sure leftists are totally shocked at this; Democrats can't control people like most people do their pets. Besides that idiotic campaign, her husband also forced restaurants to post calorie count on all menus from coast to coast. He assumed that unless Big Brother told us a Big Mac combo was not the best choice for dinner, we wouldn't be able to figure it out ourselves.

The federal government is not our parents and we are not the federal governments children. I wonder how many millions of private and taxpayer dollars were wasted on these programs that turned up absolutely nothing?

Message to control freak leftists: Leave us alone! Let us live our own lives and make our own decisions! Really.........you don't own us.....

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh
There was no forced feeding you mindless wimp....The only thing worse than tyrants is liars, so there you are...I like the calorie counts posted to watch my intake, before they were available I had a book which gave the calories per item...It helps when one plans on what to eat a t a time of day and the calories and fats can be taken into the decision..Others that don't give a fuck and want to be corpulent corpses can do it all they like..I prefer to control my weight for my health...

NEW YORK (AP) - America's weight problem isn't getting any better, according to new government research.

Overall, obesity figures stayed about the same: About 40 percent of adults are obese and 18.5 percent of children. Those numbers are a slight increase from the last report but the difference is so small that it could have occurred by chance.

Worrisome to experts is the rate for children and teenagers, which had hovered around 17 percent for a decade. The 2-to-5 age group had the biggest rise.

The bad news is that the numbers didn't go down, experts say. In recent years, state and national health officials have focused on obesity in kids, who were the target of the national Let's Move campaign launched by former first lady Michelle Obama in 2010.

The last sentence is very telling: kids are still fat in spite of Moochelle trying to force them to eat foods they didn't want or like.

I'm sure leftists are totally shocked at this; Democrats can't control people like most people do their pets. Besides that idiotic campaign, her husband also forced restaurants to post calorie count on all menus from coast to coast. He assumed that unless Big Brother told us a Big Mac combo was not the best choice for dinner, we wouldn't be able to figure it out ourselves.

The federal government is not our parents and we are not the federal governments children. I wonder how many millions of private and taxpayer dollars were wasted on these programs that turned up absolutely nothing?

Message to control freak leftists: Leave us alone! Let us live our own lives and make our own decisions! Really.........you don't own us.....

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent. Conservatives measure success by results."
Rush Limbaugh
There was no forced feeding you mindless wimp....The only thing worse than tyrants is liars, so there you are...I like the calorie counts posted to watch my intake, before they were available I had a book which gave the calories per item...It helps when one plans on what to eat a t a time of day and the calories and fats can be taken into the decision..Others that don't give

What schools provide should be healthy.

Rush Limbaugh
There was no forced feeding you mindless wimp....The only thing worse than tyrants is liars, so there you are...I like the calorie counts posted to watch my intake, before they were available I had a book which gave the calories per item...It helps when one plans on what to eat a t a time of day and the calories and fats can be taken into the decision..Others that don't give

What schools provide should be healthy.
A turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato is healthy.

That's all schools should make for lunch.

Would you please post a link to where President Trump said what you stated, or admit you lied, tia.
You lose sweetheart......apology accepted

Donald Trump has a very strange theory about exercise - CNNPolitics

After college, after Trump mostly gave up his personal athletic interests, he came to view time spent playing sports as time wasted. Trump believed the human body was like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depleted. So he didn't work out. When he learned that John O'Donnell, one of his top casino executives, was training for an Ironman triathlon, he admonished him, "You are going to die young because of this."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back