US Forces Board Pirate captured vessel

Great job by the Marines.....

We need to keep the pressure on the pirates. We also need the EU to pick up more of the burden of keeping the shipping lanes clear

The Royal Navy has a much bigger presence off the coast of Somalia than the U.S Navy. And Royal Marines have previously boarded pirate vessels and exchanged fire on several occasions.

I agree that the rest of the E.U should pull their weight. It's really shameful seeing as alot of the shipping that comes under threat is registered or owned in countries like Germany and France.

Swagger said:
The Royal Navy has a much bigger presence off the coast of Somalia than the U.S Navy. And Royal Marines have previously boarded pirate vessels and exchanged fire on several occasions.

Semper Fi. A big OOHRAH to the US Marines and the Royal Marines as well. I know from experience that the Royal Marines are a set of standardized badasses who hand out hate and discontent at the cyclic rate. Almost as good as our devil dogs, even...

-The Jerk

They will keep doing it as long as risk is low and rewards are high

That is why we need to make the risk not worth it. No mercy for pirates. No putting out troops in danger with Boardings. A nice Ship to Ship missile should do the trick just fine.

And the 11 crew members that were on the Magellan Star? Too bad for them? and the owners of the hijacked ship? Better to lose their ship to the US Navy than to pirates?

Now, once captured in an acto f piracy, I'm in favor of the old rules and hang them from the yardarm.

Fuck em fry em.. LOL jk

What I want to know is why Merchant vessels that travel in Known Pirate areas do not arm themselves. That is how it was done in the past. put a few Cannons on your boat, and when they make their move to board. Nail em!

:)

I noticed that noone said anything about stopping the exploitation and other factors that lead people to piracy...

let's start by enforcing the limits on how close to a nation's shore foreign fishing boats can operate...

We can start sinking the mother ships. And machine gunning the speed boats. And of course shelling the ports the bigger ships come from.
Now that is something we should be doing instead of the Iraq/Afghanistan bullshit.

Semper Fi!

No need.

Somalia's pirates fled their stronghold of Harardhere after an army of Islamic militants entered the city, promising to end piracy and free the pirates' hostages.

The pirate town had been threatened by the army of Al-Shabaab militants, and rather than falling to Shabaab, the town elders reportedly invited a rival group called Hizbul Islam to come into the town and offer them "protection" from Shabaab.

The Associate Press reports that Hizbul Islam incursion on Sunday sent the pirates "fleeing with big screen TVs piled into luxury cars bought with millions of dollars of ransom money."

The report also claims that Hizbul Islam is promising to eliminate piracy in the town and free all foreign hostages...

Somali Islamists Enter Pirate Stronghold to End Piracy - ABC News

:eusa_shhh:

Oh muslims killing ,muslims .Someone is oppressing muslims, cant you help Kalam?
Cant figure out how?
Malik_Nadal_Hasan.jpg

Swagger said:

Semper Fi. A big OOHRAH to the US Marines and the Royal Marines as well. I know from experience that the Royal Marines are a set of standardized badasses who hand out hate and discontent at the cyclic rate. Almost as good as our devil dogs, even...

-The Jerk

You're most kind in recognising their reputation. But I'm afraid you've over estimated your own forces.

The following is the official NATO opinion with regards to the respective calibre of British and American marines:

Royal Marines: The worlds leading compliment of amphibious shock-troops. Training is officially the worlds most demanding test of infantry endurance.

Not NATO's opinion. Just cold facts: The average U.S marine undergoes roughly the same standard training as a regular British Army recruit.

A bitter pill to swallow, I know. But facts are facts. It's just that the U.S Marines don't cut the mustard when pitted against superior contemporaries.

Comparing penises? Awesome.

There are already laws in place for rules of engagement and how to handle pirates. Why do the neocons always come out posting about blasting the fuck out of people...when we already have laws about blasting the fuck out of people??

Deep in the cockles (yes, I used cockles) of your brain, any time you compare relative strength, you are in fact comparing penises. And it's really kind of silly.

What's even sillier? The knee-jerk anti-establishmentarianism (crap what's another hyphenated word I can use here) that simply assumes that our existing laws arent enough, but guns will fix everything.

Swagger said:
A bitter pill to swallow, I know. But facts are facts. It's just that the U.S Marines don't cut the mustard when pitted against superior contemporaries.

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was the Family Guy episode in which some British dudes had taken to drinking in Peter's favorite bar. Peter and the guys got all mad, and the brits said "There's far too many of them to beat in a physical altercation, we'll have to use our superior linguistic skills."

-On topic, I'll give you that the Royal Marines have a longer and perhaps more intense basic training period and are consummate hardasses in their own right, but US Marines undergo, at the very least, 8 months of total training before ever seeing a duty station or combat. Also, the Royal Marines are more of an elite, commando style unit of the Royal Navy (correct me if I'm wrong), whereas the US Marines are more of a super-badass infantry force.

I am willing to make one concession. Your boys can fuc#@ing party. Did I tell you the one about the time I was in a bar with some squids and a few RM's? Long story short, one of you crazy limeys ended up face down, passed out, in a crowded bar, pants and undies around the ankles. I expect as much from the people who bring us the joy of Newcastle and Beefeater.

-The Jerk

Forum List

Back