US Embassy in Kabul directs staff to destroy sensitive documents as many diplomats prepare for evacuation

Has the media informed us what flavor Joe is eating while we flee?
1628987596734.jpeg

What do you wanna do Rock, defend Truman or pretend that the Brits getting kicked off France was a victory? Does Duke Wayne's picture turn you into an expert? Kids use the word "underwhelming" when they think they are cool and they ain't got a clue.
Did I say it was a victory? Many men evacuated that day fought again at D-day.

My avatar has nothing to do with my degree in history with a concentration on military history. It has little to do with my 12 years in the Navy either. My comments are dead on, as your knowledge apparently would leave lots or room in a thimble.

Bonus:
Taliban’s Lightning Afghanistan Advance Could Win Billions of Dollars in U.S.-Made Weapons.

View attachment 525469
Sounds like Saigon, 1975. The MSM is already reporting that the Taliban is backing off due to UN directives. LOL, I heard that one in Syria with ISIL/ISIS.

Kondor3 Kuwait also, totally different
1. they wanted us there
2. other countries wanted us there and PARTICIPATED--including Arab states
3. it was a battle against a standard army --not terrorists
4. mostly a desert battle, not as mountainous, etc
5. picture tells a thousands words- look at the size difference--you can barely see Kuwait
1629032800881.png

etc etc

Dunkirk was a defeat and a disaster but propaganda generated by the media back then turned it into a semblance of a victory. It's amazing what the media can accomplish when they are in the business of generating propaganda. Look for the same thing today.
Actually while the loss at Dunkirk allowed Germany control of Europe, it was a victory in that it rescued the bulk of the British Army that should have been wiped out completely. This then gave England a military force to defend the homeland from invasion.

BOTH sides ( Republican AND Democrat ) are responsible for this abortion of an outcome...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Going into Afghanistan to kill Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda scum after 9-11 while the Taliban were sheltering and enabling them was righteous...

But we should have been in-and-out of that 4th-world $hithole within six months...

It was a mistake to attempt to "nation-build" in a setting where we had nothing but Neanderthal Muzzie Fundamentalists to work with...

We should have bombed the phukkers back to the Stone Age and then walked away, leaving them stumbling-about in the smoking ruins...

As difficult as this is to say, except for hammering al-Qaeda operational camps and cells during the first few months...

This was a complete and utter and disgraceful and stupid waste of American blood and treasure...

Absolutely pointless... and there was absolutely no point in hanging-about one second longer than we did... there is no good way to end such a mess.

It was simpler this way.
......I've talked about this before--you can't go in and kill Osama and his boys in six months/etc etc ....I just said it again, about 30 minutes ago--it's not like a board game
1. first you have to find them
2. then fix them
3. then kill them---
....they have to/had to organize/gather intel/consult with the people-leaders-etc--all of this is a dynamic and changing process
....critically, they are consulting/etc with the leaders/etc---this is POLITICS = complicated and changing ...
...they are weighing this and that---if they help so and so, it affects some others, and vice versa.....if they consult with so and so, it affects how they need to consult with others ...etc ...---and they NEED to consult/etc with the Afghanis---
....these are/were terrorists that blend in ....look how long it took just to find Osama

Kondor3 also--it takes time to get up to speed......the other critical point that people usually don't know or think about is logistics --it takes time to bring in the troops/equipment/build bases/train the troops on the local issues/etc......

Forum List

Back