US district Judge rules ban on guns for felon is unconstitutional

Feelings do not matter, man.
If you dont want felons to have guns, fine. But do it the right way. Dont support the govt giving themselves power that doesnt exist.

That's right. Preventing honest citizens from having guns is not a Federal power. Preventing criminals Constitutionally convicted of a crime where losing their gun rights is part of the punishment is a Federal power

There is ample evidence that the Constitution supports the temporary suspension of rights provided the citizen is afforded due process. There is no Constitutional provision for the permanent revocation of rights.

You said it was in the Constitution, now you're just being a dick because you can't back up the shit you made up.

I'm not arguing whether he should or shouldn't lose his gun rights, I have to know more about the case to have an opinion on that.

You were just full of shit when you made up the rule that punishment has a time limit. You completely made that up and now you're being a dick to try to distract from your bull
AGAIN, you dont understand the constitution.
The constitution is where the govt gets its power. If it isnt there, it doesnt exist. They have enumnerated powers. If they could do whatever in the fuck they want, what would be the point of enumerated powers? Do you think our founders were idiots?

That's right. Preventing honest citizens from having guns is not a Federal power. Preventing criminals Constitutionally convicted of a crime where losing their gun rights is part of the punishment is a Federal power
Show me where the govt has the authority to take away someones rights after they paid their dues.

You walked into dumb ass Moonglow 's trap, you took him seriously. He will now go on a bizarre inane rant you won't be able to make head nor tails of
I never take that moron seriously. I doubt even he does.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
It is not a matter of "government" taking away a "right". It is a matter of a person renouncing a "right" by his actions.

It is not a matter of "government" taking away a "right". It is a matter of a person renouncing a "right" by his actions.
When you are convicted of something, you dont renounce rights forever.

AGAIN, you dont understand the constitution.
The constitution is where the govt gets its power. If it isnt there, it doesnt exist. They have enumnerated powers. If they could do whatever in the fuck they want, what would be the point of enumerated powers? Do you think our founders were idiots?

I said there is no time limit on punishment. So now you're back to that any permanent punishment is Unconstitutional. Sure, guy, prison for life for first degree murder is Unconstitutional. Bull fucking shit, you made that up. Then you changed your story. Now you changed it back.

When you decide what your position is, let me know

So felons shouldnt have guns. What else should they lose? First amendment? The right to warranted search and seizures?
What else should people lose after they paid their debt to society?

I said there is no time limit on punishment. So now you're back to that any permanent punishment is Unconstitutional. Sure, guy, prison for life for first degree murder is Unconstitutional. Bull fucking shit, you made that up. Then you changed your story. Now you changed it back.

When you decide what your position is, let me know
OMG felons who are out of prison PAID THEIR DUES TO SOCIETY. If someone murdered someone, they should be in jail for life.
You simply dont understand my argument or the document you claim to support.
Take a deep breath.

Now let it out.
Feel better?

OMG felons who are out of prison PAID THEIR DUES TO SOCIETY. If someone murdered someone, they should be in jail for life.
You simply dont understand my argument or the document you claim to support.
Take a deep breath.

Now let it out.
Feel better?

You made that up, which is why you can't show what "paid their dues" means in the Constitution.

So according to you:

• They can sentence you to life in prison
  • They cannot sentence you to permanently lose your gun rights

That's stupid, there is no Constitutional basis for that distinction. You MADE IT UP

Forum List

Back