US district Judge rules ban on guns for felon is unconstitutional

Lets say someone gets convicted of some economic crime.
After they serve their time, should they lose their right to participate in the economy?
Lets say someone gets convicted of a crime associated with their religion. Should they lose their right to freedom of religion?
Im just wondering how far you guys are willing to go.

You made that up, which is why you can't show what "paid their dues" means in the Constitution.

So according to you:

• They can sentence you to life in prison
  • They cannot sentence you to permanently lose your gun rights

That's stupid, there is no Constitutional basis for that distinction. You MADE IT UP
Paid their dues, meaning they served their time and completed everything involved in their punishment. Parole, fines etc.
Losing their right to the second amendment is never handed down in their punishments. Its laws that do that.
Keep trying.

I said there is no time limit on punishment. So now you're back to that any permanent punishment is Unconstitutional. Sure, guy, prison for life for first degree murder is Unconstitutional. Bull fucking shit, you made that up. Then you changed your story. Now you changed it back.

When you decide what your position is, let me know
The prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment, requirements for warrants and seizure, and the right to a speedy trial say otherwise. The government does not have the power of unlimited punishment.

The idea of life in prison did not exist in the Founders' time, yet capital punishment was fully accepted, and is specifically mentioned. Life in prison only shows up on our legal system in the 1850's. Life in prison should require a Constitutional amendment, but this country is too lazy to do things the right way.

Paid their dues, meaning they served their time and completed everything involved in their punishment. Parole, fines etc.
Losing their right to the second amendment is never handed down in their punishments. Its laws that do that.
Keep trying.

I didn't ask you to define paid their dues, I asked repeatedly where it is in the Constitution. The courts aren't citing you

I didn't ask you to define paid their dues, I asked repeatedly where it is in the Constitution. The courts aren't citing you
So you are seriously asking where the govt gets power to issue punishment?

So you are seriously asking where the govt gets power to issue punishment?

I'm seriously not asking that and there is seriously no way to get that out of anything I said unless your intent is to be a dick

This is what the gun humpers wanted. This is what they do. They stall all conversation and throw out bullshit lines like, "We need to enforce the laws we have!"

Then, every time you turn around, the gun humper lobby is filing a lawsuit to delete current gun control laws and enforcement.

Except there is no provision for the revocation of rights.

Dude, I love ya man, but that's stupid. According to you, they can't put you in prison then. That isn't what the Constitution says, you're confused. They must convict you while honoring your Constituional rights. If they do that, they can suspend your constitutional rights.

The issue is TNHarley is claiming there is a time limit. He completely that up, which is why he can't back it up

Forum List

Back