US Congress allows extended jobless benefits to expire

Maybe now Washington will wake up and start actually working on the unemployment problem. You know, in January when the Dems can't control everything anymore....

I doubt it. They didn't work on it when Bush & the republicans were in power. It was still feed the elites.

Really? What was the unemployment in Dec of 02? or 03? 04? 05? 06? Then came the Dems and what was it in Dec 07? 08?

Go back to the sandbox and play with the little ones.

It takes a while for things to spin down Ollie. The economy had massive intertia and Bush spent about 5 trillion extra as well. Then the move to China took a while to fully gear up and kick in....

I doubt it. They didn't work on it when Bush & the republicans were in power. It was still feed the elites.

Really? What was the unemployment in Dec of 02? or 03? 04? 05? 06? Then came the Dems and what was it in Dec 07? 08?

It takes a while for things to spin down Ollie. The economy had massive intertia and Bush spent about 5 trillion extra as well. Then the move to China took a while to fully gear up and kick in....
yeah, it only took 11 months for the dems to make things worse

it was what they wanted so they could do what they did in 2008

so hope and change turned into more of the same

I have been telling you that for two years. Pay attention. He is a con like Bush was.

Yep I figured that before he was elected, but could not bring myself to vote for McSame who was absolutely guaranteed to be more of the same.
It was a very slim chance that Obama would do any better than Bush.

Obama has multiplied the debt, with nothing to show for it, bailing out the elite, and unless you are a stockholder in a bailed out company, how were you helped? You are paying interest on the loans that secured the bailouts through your taxes. How has this helped you?

You can't have Christmas without money from government?

Ask the reatailers who began christmas sales before Thanksgiving.

I worked two jobs and threw a paper route after I lost my first job, three years out of college. It wasn't glorious but it paid the bills for a couple of years. Just kept trying and then landed a full time job in my field. Quit that job after a few years and went to work starting up my own companies and then selling them.

You can't have Christmas without money from government?

I worked two jobs and threw a paper route after I lost my first job, three years out of college. It wasn't glorious but it paid the bills for a couple of years. Just kept trying and then landed a full time job in my field. Quit that job after a few years and went to work starting up my own companies and then selling them.

That's not something that gets done for you. ;)

That's not something that gets done for you. ;)

I hear ya. There's no crying or whining when your running your own business. Do that and your dead in the water. I bet you've experienced that too.

All part of the spindown, Had McCain and Palin been elected and had a rep majority in congress the result would have been pretty much identical.
Kinda like saying that if a dem had been president New Orelans would not have been ripped up by Katrina.

All part of the spindown, Had McCain and Palin been elected and had a rep majority in congress the result would have been pretty much identical.
Kinda like saying that if a dem had been president New Orelans would not have been ripped up by Katrina.
at the point of the election, yeah it was inevitable

Which "capitalists" in the Democrat controlled congress blocked this?

The same fucking ones who cannot do squat with a majority in both houses and a buffoon in the wh. Those ones.

They could...They just don't want their names to be the only ones attached to anything if it goes south. They lack a backbone and need someone to blame later..

Congress is addressing the top 10% concerns, and letting the 90% fend for themselves. What can we expect from a Retarded rightwinged party? Tea? Now we are going to find out what people will do when they have to eat.

Just hours after Obama pledged to work more closely with Republicans in slashing social spending, the US Congress Tuesday allowed extended unemployment benefits to expire for workers laid off for more than 26 weeks. More than 800,000 workers currently receiving extended benefits will be cut off by the end of next week, with the number increasing to two million by the end of December and five million by April.

The entire political establishment has responded to this impending social disaster with complete indifference. Washington is currently consumed with reaching a bipartisan compromise centered primarily on extending tax cuts for the rich.

Of the 15 million workers officially counted as unemployed, 41 percent have been without work for 26 weeks, according to the Labor Department. Due to the high levels of unemployment, 37 states have until now offered federally funded extensions for up to 99 weeks. The benefits pay an average of $302.90 a week.

The cutoff of unemployment checks will remove the only source of income to working class families already facing crushing financial burdens. An estimated two to four million Americans have already exhausted their benefits, with over 90,000 claimants joining their ranks every week. Those losing their jobs now will only qualify for six months of benefits no matter how long they are without a job.

US Congress allows extended jobless benefits to expire

teaparty.jpg

A majority Democrat congress allowed this to happen?

How can that be?

Glad I'm not a Dem.

Forum List

Back