US budget deficit totals $76.9 billion in July

That WAS however, how Clinton and Gingrich "balanced" their budget. By counting the SSec MASSIVE surpluses for those years as THEIR income. Not trust fund investment.

A fact that has been pointed out to Clintonistas ad nauseum and yet they just pretend they don't know about this and continue to gloat about their glory years when Clinton left Bush a surplus to be squandered away.
Actually it was Gingrichistas who claimed a 4 year surplus and the Bushistas use the same exact balancing act when they claim there was only a $168 billion Bush deficit before the Dems took over in 2007.
But you knew that already!

That's why you only hear crickets chirping when it comes to REALIZING WHY the annual Debt is exploding. Because BOTH SIDES are in on the criminal neglect to manage and the criminal THEFT of the SSec surpluses.

Even Obama didn't DEFEND the parts of HIS growing deficits that were LARGELY due to the "Baby Boomer" crisis. Neither has Trump. Government basic spending has not increased that much. It's the "second financing" of the ENTITLEMENTS that are making Obama and Trump look bad on growing debt.

Crickets...

Easier fix is cut defense (really war department) by 90% and eliminate the CIA and NSA. Win win for all Americans and the world.
Well, I'd love to see the plan.

The GOP is never very forthcoming during campaigns, unfortunately.
I'm sure you would as Dems play politics on everything. What are Dems solution. You complain and offer notgnot in return.

Tax cuts historically increase revenue.
Are you saying you wouldn't make any cuts?

Isn't it fiscally responsible to follow through on promises?

Specificity would be helpful.
You FIRST..............show us your Great plans to SAVE US.........

I'm tired of people like you DEMANDING we show plans and OFFER NOTHING IN RETURN.........

Many plans and tactics have been presented by the GOP over time........and every time someone like you says.........YOU SUCK.......and when you are asked your plan we get nothing but static....................

So now ..............tell us your GRAND PLAN TO SAVE US ALL...........It is your turn.....not mine..........over time I've posted many things.
I already provided a clear and easy idea to implement: Cut spending first, then taxes.

Why don't you like that idea? Can't the GOP handle that? Is it beyond its capacity?
It’s beyond Democrat capacity. Dems spend as policy.

Well, I'd love to see the plan.

The GOP is never very forthcoming during campaigns, unfortunately.
I'm sure you would as Dems play politics on everything. What are Dems solution. You complain and offer notgnot in return.

I'm tired of people like you DEMANDING we show plans and OFFER NOTHING IN RETURN.........

Many plans and tactics have been presented by the GOP over time........and every time someone like you says.........YOU SUCK.......and when you are asked your plan we get nothing but static....................

So now ..............tell us your GRAND PLAN TO SAVE US ALL...........It is your turn.....not mine..........over time I've posted many things.
I already provided a clear and easy idea to implement: Cut spending first, then taxes.

Why don't you like that idea? Can't the GOP handle that? Is it beyond its capacity?
Republicans spend as a matter of fact.

They've convinced themselves that Borrow & Spend is better than Tax & Spend.

In some cases yes. In most cases no. If you break-danced and gang banged your way thru HS and QUIT at sophomore -- that's on you. And MAYBE your teachers who have a attitude of "lowered expectations" for you. Or have 3 kids from 2 different baby daddies by 19. Those aren't victims, they've "failed to launch" and need to be rescued on a PERSONAL BASIS.

Checks from Washington D.C. or "programs" are NOT GONNA FIX them..

We tried "checks from Washington" from the 1960's - mid 80's.... and free/subsidized housing... and free grocery credits.... and all that did was create more poverty.
Like anyone with half a brain would know.
If you are able-bodied and even slightly below average intelligence, there is little excuse to be poor long term.
Before welfare bail outs and EBT cards, the poor grew their own food. In rural areas fished and hunted also. They canned vegetables and dug root cellars to store food for the winter. They made their own clothes, did numerous odd jobs for people for extra money. Now - they sit on their asses watching TV, smoking cigarettes, and getting hooked on drugs because they have nothing to do all day.
And then demand more.

Borrow and spend at least entails the possibility of not forcing the creators to subsidize everything. Dems believe they own everyone else’s money. As a matter of policy.

Borrow and spend at least entails the possibility of not forcing the creators to subsidize everything. Dems believe they own everyone else’s money. As a matter of policy.
I believe more in pay as you go, and not leaving it off to my kids and their kids.

So, we need to make government more efficient, and we need to be careful and thoughtful about spending. But either way, we a have to cut spending before we cut taxes. The GOP has shown us not to trust they'll do that.

That WAS however, how Clinton and Gingrich "balanced" their budget. By counting the SSec MASSIVE surpluses for those years as THEIR income. Not trust fund investment.

A fact that has been pointed out to Clintonistas ad nauseum and yet they just pretend they don't know about this and continue to gloat about their glory years when Clinton left Bush a surplus to be squandered away.
Actually it was Gingrichistas who claimed a 4 year surplus and the Bushistas use the same exact balancing act when they claim there was only a $168 billion Bush deficit before the Dems took over in 2007.
But you knew that already!

That's why you only hear crickets chirping when it comes to REALIZING WHY the annual Debt is exploding. Because BOTH SIDES are in on the criminal neglect to manage and the criminal THEFT of the SSec surpluses.

Even Obama didn't DEFEND the parts of HIS growing deficits that were LARGELY due to the "Baby Boomer" crisis. Neither has Trump. Government basic spending has not increased that much. It's the "second financing" of the ENTITLEMENTS that are making Obama and Trump look bad on growing debt.

Crickets...

Well, Obama also abused the TARP money to no end. Continuing to shell out $70 billion per month of taxpayer dollars to central banks and finance firms despite record earnings in the markets. Obama was the best friend Wall Street ever had in the White House.

You demand but refuse to say what you would cut. Go play in traffic.
I'm not the one screaming about CUT CUT CUT all the time. I think this libertarian crap is shallow, simplistic and humorously naive.

Nice try.

Oh now you did it !!!! :badgrin: Taking a shot a libertarians. Don't know if you noticed -- but i gave perfectly clear examples of cuts that are the "low hanging" fruit of a FULL HARVEST.

IN FACT -- ALL corporate welfare should be trimmed to bone. Only thing to remain would be valid scientific research grants. NO company should get a DIME from DC for products that are ALREADY in the marketplace. Farming and food are different. But those corporate hand-outs PROMOTE the defensive lobbying that companies have to do to PROTECT themselves from their COMPETITORS getting more favorable treatment. It's a HUGE TUMOR on the budget.

Quit knocking us. We're the only ones doing any budget analysis FOCUSED on trimming. And it's a HIGH PRIORITY for us..

In some cases yes. In most cases no. If you break-danced and gang banged your way thru HS and QUIT at sophomore -- that's on you. And MAYBE your teachers who have a attitude of "lowered expectations" for you. Or have 3 kids from 2 different baby daddies by 19. Those aren't victims, they've "failed to launch" and need to be rescued on a PERSONAL BASIS.

Checks from Washington D.C. or "programs" are NOT GONNA FIX them..

We tried "checks from Washington" from the 1960's - mid 80's.... and free/subsidized housing... and free grocery credits.... and all that did was create more poverty.
Like anyone with half a brain would know.
If you are able-bodied and even slightly below average intelligence, there is little excuse to be poor long term.
Before welfare bail outs and EBT cards, the poor grew their own food. In rural areas fished and hunted also. They canned vegetables and dug root cellars to store food for the winter. They made their own clothes, did numerous odd jobs for people for extra money. Now - they sit on their asses watching TV, smoking cigarettes, and getting hooked on drugs because they have nothing to do all day.
And then demand more.

Sad truth is -- you don't fix people with a check. There needs to be focus on VOLUNTEERS and literally MILLIONS of hours of service to the destitute and working poor. Without human contact, it's all just REALLY TRULY ------------------------------- guilt money.

Don't send them a check. Teach them to balance a checkbook, or GET a GED or how to make better life decisions. THat latter part is problematic. Can't be done from DC. Because "better life decisions" would be politicized to all hell..

I'm not the one screaming about CUT CUT CUT all the time. I think this libertarian crap is shallow, simplistic and humorously naive.

Nice try.

Oh now you did it !!!! :badgrin: Taking a shot a libertarians. Don't know if you noticed -- but i gave perfectly clear examples of cuts that are the "low hanging" fruit of a FULL HARVEST.

IN FACT -- ALL corporate welfare should be trimmed to bone. Only thing to remain would be valid scientific research grants. NO company should get a DIME from DC for products that are ALREADY in the marketplace. Farming and food are different. But those corporate hand-outs PROMOTE the defensive lobbying that companies have to do to PROTECT themselves from their COMPETITORS getting more favorable treatment. It's a HUGE TUMOR on the budget.

Quit knocking us. We're the only ones doing any budget analysis FOCUSED on trimming. And it's a HIGH PRIORITY for us..
Hey, I knew I'd piss you off ONE of these days!

Here's my only point - I understand the philosophy behind libertarian thought, but it has to be applied evenly. When the GOP screams CUT CUT CUT, okay, fine, but they're not so willing to either (a) get specific during campaigns, or (b) actually cut when they get into office. The last two years have been a perfect example.

So all I'd like to see is the GOP get specific on what it wants to cut during the campaign. Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, Welfare, Departments, Military, whatever. Not just platitudes, specifics. Then, if they win, they cut. THEN they cut taxes. But they have to WIN first.

I think they're playing a shell game with their voters. Act like libertarians during the campaign and then not follow through when they have power.

What about increasing revenue?[/QUOTWhat. Expenses would you like to
but the government has used about $3 TRILLION of social Security surplus funds to pay for expenditures that federal income taxes should have paid for....and now they are threatening and have reduced Social Security benefits because they can't afford to pay them back for what they used....

Also, since the beginning of taxes in this Nation, the poorest and poor overall, have not been taxed to pay for federal expenditures.... this is nothing new....

you simply can't get blood out of a turnip... it is inhumane to take from the poor, and has always been recognized as such....

since early Biblical times..... the poorest were never tithed, they received the tithe.

I'm sorry - but bullshit.
If I had a nickel for every time I saw somone use an EBT card to buy food, and then pay separately for a carton of cigarettes.
Complete with a handful of tattoos on them.
The poor are the only population left that still smoke in large percentages. And smoking is extremely expensive.
The Bible?? lol
There is no poverty in America that even begins to resemble biblical poverty.
How many poor people grow gardens to save on groceries? Like...none.
How many do odd jobs, use their trucks to haul stuff for people for cash?.... very, very few.
Right now we have two chairs, an old cabinet TV and an old washer in the basement. We have tried for 3 weeks to find someone to haul it out.
We posted on a local "looking to hire" website.... A group face book page... asked around.... can't find anyone. $100 plus $30 dump fee.
A $100 for about an hours work, and we can't find anyone.
So, in your view

Our poor do not suffer enough

Nice try.
They don't do enough for themselves.
In America, poverty is overwhelmingly self induced.

Blame the victim

You can when they are only a victim of themselves.
You know as well as I do, that poverty in America is overwhelmingly self inflicted.
A result of years of poor decisions, underachievement and you bet - laziness.
I have no pity, zero - NONE.... for someone who is unwilling to achieve... and sits back and expects the government to fund their laziness.
No, poverty is not self inflicted

Conservative taunts of buckle down and try harder are weak in consideration of vast areas of the country that have had employment opportunities disappear

I am not talking about welfare mothers in the ghetto, but vast rural areas that have seen coal and manufacturing jobs dry up, have seen generational poverty as their farms are less and less profitable

I believe more in pay as you go, and not leaving it off to my kids and their kids.

So, we need to make government more efficient, and we need to be careful and thoughtful about spending. But either way, we a have to cut spending before we cut taxes. The GOP has shown us not to trust they'll do that.
Again, neither party will do that. Difference is that democrats are that way as policy. At least repubs ostensibly believe in allowing the private sector to grow.

Nice try.

Here's my only point - I understand the philosophy behind libertarian thought, but it has to be applied evenly. When the GOP screams CUT CUT CUT, okay, fine, but they're not so willing to either (a) get specific during campaigns, or (b) actually cut when they get into office. The last two years have been a perfect example.

So all I'd like to see is the GOP get specific on what it wants to cut during the campaign. Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, Welfare, Departments, Military, whatever. Not just platitudes, specifics. Then, if they win, they cut. THEN they cut taxes. But they have to WIN first.

I think they're playing a shell game with their voters. Act like libertarians during the campaign and then not follow through when they have power.

Well OK then.. You're off the hook. You're talking about RINOs trying to camouflage as LINOs. :113: They have NO CLUE what they would cut. You remember Rick Perry standing up there sweating bullets about the "4 agencies" that he would ax ?

The whole corporate/govt collusion FEEDS their inaction. Funds their campaigns. A LOT of the pork is truly corporate welfare.. The Left gets it also. But in that case, it's Big Legal, Big Green Stuff, Big Real Estate. They TALK about it to win elections, but then they conspire to torpedo the Liberty Caucus and Tea Party factions that attempt to BLOCK budget nonsense and call for fiscal responsibility.

Certainly the "establishment" portion of the GOP and leadership that matters (McTurtle and "Gym Guy") have ZERO interest in working on budget issues.

Nice try.

Well OK then.. You're off the hook. You're talking about RINOs trying to camouflage as LINOs. :113: They have NO CLUE what they would cut. You remember Rick Perry standing up there sweating bullets about the "4 agencies" that he would ax ?

The whole corporate/govt collusion FEEDS their inaction. Funds their campaigns. A LOT of the pork is truly corporate welfare.. The Left gets it also. But in that case, it's Big Legal, Big Green Stuff, Big Real Estate. They TALK about it to win elections, but then they conspire to torpedo the Liberty Caucus and Tea Party factions that attempt to BLOCK budget nonsense and call for fiscal responsibility.

Certainly the "establishment" portion of the GOP and leadership that matters (McTurtle and "Gym Guy") have ZERO interest in working on budget issues.
These people know that (a) worst case, many will vote for them primarily because they're voting against the other guy, and (b) people have short memories. So they just keep playing this game.

After all, fundraising and re-election are their top two priorities.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw somone use an EBT card to buy food, and then pay separately for a carton of cigarettes.
The poor are the only population left that still smoke in large percentages. And smoking is extremely expensive.
The Bible?? lol
How many do odd jobs, use their trucks to haul stuff for people for cash?.... very, very few.
Right now we have two chairs, an old cabinet TV and an old washer in the basement. We have tried for 3 weeks to find someone to haul it out.
We posted on a local "looking to hire" website.... A group face book page... asked around.... can't find anyone. $100 plus $30 dump fee.
So, in your view

Nice try.

Blame the victim

You know as well as I do, that poverty in America is overwhelmingly self inflicted.
I have no pity, zero - NONE.... for someone who is unwilling to achieve... and sits back and expects the government to fund their laziness.

Conservative taunts of buckle down and try harder are weak in consideration of vast areas of the country that have had employment opportunities disappear

I am not talking about welfare mothers in the ghetto, but vast rural areas that have seen coal and manufacturing jobs dry up, have seen generational poverty as their farms are less and less profitable

if people stay consistently poor it means they are bad with money.

I have been posting on boards since the 90's..............everytime this debate comes up for decades........the Dems Demand specifics........and many a time after the demand I start showing the waste fraud and abuse and spend time digging it up.................And virtually every time.........they don't read it......complain about it........say we suck.........and OFFER NOTHING IN RETURN....

So after decades of them doing this............I REFUSE to play their games............

Which is why I told Mac to get to the nose bleed section and wave pom poms..............

He is DEMANDING we get specific.........then OFFERS NOTHING,.............and that is my point.....and exactly why I'm not gonna show a lot of things that can be cut again on deaf ears.......

I want the Dems and people like Mac to PONY THE FUCK UP and say how they will fix this.............Their turn.........

The Bible?? lol
So, in your view

Nice try.

Blame the victim

I live in one of those areas.
Until the 1990's this area was pristine for manufacturing jobs. You could literally take your pick.
A G.E. factory here was the subject of a documentary about plants closing in the U.S. and moving to Mexico.
Within 90 miles of my house there were 16 factories employing 1000+. There is one left. One.
Now at 2018, we have few youth living here. They left. Including my two kids. Thankfully they only live an hour and a half from here.
Population went down 4% from 2000 - 2010, estimate in 2016 is down another 2.3%.
NAFTA and Americas appetite for cheap prices decimated this area like many others.
Americans have a distinct talent of screwing themselves.

Forum List

Back