US - Biggest Problem / Concern

US Issues Most Imporant to Address immediately....

• Debt Elimination

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Government Changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unemployment Reduction

• Healthcare Changes

• Crime Reduction

• Education Changes

• Ethics / Morality

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • National Security

• Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Of the following issues in the United States, which do you think, if solved magically and immediately, would have the biggest positive impact?

If you feel so inclined, state your reasoning as well.

Of the following issues in the United States, which do you think, if solved magically and immediately, would have the biggest positive impact?

Flags, it is flags.

Flags, it is flags.

You would think so the way people carry on about it.
Notice how people don't really care or aren't vocal about it until the media and politicians blow it out of proportion? Then suddenly, it's like it was a big concern of theirs all their lives?

Where were you in your protests 3 months ago?

Flags, it is flags.

Notice how people don't really care or aren't vocal about it until the media and politicians blow it out of proportion? Then suddenly, it's like it was a big concern of theirs all their lives?

it's always been about to many illegals in this country that should be tossed out, to many illegals getting being paid under the table by liberals and cons alike,

Toss them out the wage scale would rise significantly for low skilled workers.

Flags, it is flags.

That's what I keep asking Jake.... if it is such a hot button issue, where were you a month ago? It apparently didn't matter until nine people died and some political capital could be gained. Scumbags.

For me, it is a tossup between education and the debt.

America leads economically because we lead in innovation. I have frequently talked about the smiley curve of production. The money is found at the two ends of the curve, innovation and distribution. That's invention and branding.

Any schmuck can sell an Apple computer, but it takes a well-educated person to innovate and engineer the next big thing.

We spend a lot of time debating about jobs being sent overseas. Well you know what? Most of those jobs BELONG overseas. You just aren't going to ever convince me a lava lamp should be made by a 20 dollar an hour assembly line worker.

You know why hi tech jobs aren't unionized? Because the skills for hi tech jobs are so rare that those people who have those skills have a negotiating edge no pug nosed labor flack can provide them. These are marketable skills.

The cure to our economic ills lies in education. The days of growing up to work in the same factory as your dad are over. We need to train our kids for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday.

And that means Common Core. Oh yes it does. Common Core was designed with input from the corporate world as to what skills our kids are going to need to compete for good jobs on the world stage.

Those who oppose Common Core are literally retarding their own kids.

With our innovative and technological edge, our kids will be designing cancer killing nanobots while some Third Worlder is assembling lava lamps. The end result is that BOTH peoples will increase their economic well being.

While our laborers are earning 20 to 50 bucks an hour, that means more government revenues from taxes.

Win/win.

And then there are those goddam tax expenditures I am always going on about. We could balance the budget tomorrow if we really wanted to. And lower tax rates for everyone across the board. And reform campaign finance. All in one go, simply by banning all tax expenditures.

Easy peasy. But no politician is ever going to willingly give up a tool which provides him a 98 percent re-election guarantee.

The federal government can not fix any of these issues, the biggest problem we have as a nation is the federal government exacerbating these problems with libtard "solutions".

The federal government can not fix any of these issues, the biggest problem we have as a nation is the federal government exacerbating these problems with libtard "solutions".

Government change was one of the options. I think that counts for what you said above..

Go back to the halcyon days of the Clinton administration where everyone had good jobs with benefits and the markets were booming. Crime was low and everyone was doing just nicely. Even the deficit was being slashed and we weren't fighting stupid wars in the middle east either.

So many of those other issues can be resolved with ensuring that Americans have decent jobs with benefits.

Start there and most of the other options on your poll will resolve themselves IMO.

Me inheriting 1 trillion dollars...

Flags, it is flags.

That's what I keep asking Jake.... if it is such a hot button issue, where were you a month ago? It apparently didn't matter until nine people died and some political capital could be gained. Scumbags.

My boy JakeStarkey :D

I agree. Will you share? :)
No, your married...don't want to get people suspicious...

Dang! :beer: How about just buy me a beer then?
And then....???

I agree. Will you share? :)
No, your married...don't want to get people suspicious...

Dang! :beer: How about just buy me a beer then?
And then....???

Maybe I can get in your pants... and find a few Benjamins.....

Debt Elimination

Would be wonderful but to achieve this we would have to focus on private sector job creation along with cutting the wasteful spending by the waste masters that we have in D.C.... The fact is we need JTPA's that will get the American People back to work that will bring in Tax Revenue from employment and spending and cutting the budgets of our government agencies and doing away with worthless ones like the TSA...

Government Changes

Term Limits for House and Senate.

Unemployment Reduction

Read my first response under Debt Elimination.

Healthcare Changes

This is one thing I was against when the Democrats shoved the ACA down our throats. We could have went with the Nixon plan from 1974 which would have focus on the Employer paying for every employee Health Insurance and requiring the Employee to kick in ten percent and the U.S. government could have given Tax Breaks to the employer to offset the coast. Also those unemployed would have been sent to the medicaid rolls until they obtained a job that paid for their insurance.

Crime Reduction

This one is always impossible but better jobs and education will reduce some crime levels but reality is crime is part of society so to reduce it would mean to reduce the population or make crimes like smoking Mary Jane not illegal.

Education Changes

The school system need a kick in the pants but no one has come up with the perfect solution so this is one thing I believe will not be priority for most.

Ethics / Morality

Humans by nature are usually unethical in my opinion so this will always be last on the list.

National Security

How do we increase our National Security without giving away some of our freedoms?

We can't so as we focus on the scary Illegal, or the Muslim with a Burka on we need to realize our country can only protect us so much and there will be failures and death from time to time.

---------------------------------------------------------

My Opinion and my choice was other because the answer is multiple things needing to be fixed first...
So the illusion of Security is wonderful but if we want to live in a free society then National Security is something that will be weak and never strong enough...

National Security is always at the top of the list. If we’re not physically protected, all the other issues are moot.

Then I’d link Ethics/Morality with Government Changes. It would be quite a change we can only hope for if our leaders were ethical and moral. Then perhaps trickle down morality would occur, positively impacting #5, Crime Reduction.

Combining Education Changes and Unemployment Reduction follows in importance. People need to develop the skills that allow them to get a decent job. Not just an artificially inflated, government imposed $15/hr job, but a job that provides citizens a wage commensurate with their ability. This also improves our Healthcare system since those now receiving Obamcare subsidies generously provided by the taxes of higher paid working people will be able to pay their own way. (As far as I’m concerned, this can be considered as crime reduction as well.)

The National Debt needs to be reduced to safeguard our physical and economic security. Increasing tax revenues with more people working at higher paying jobs (see last paragraph) will help. Cutting wasteful spending also needs to be a component of reducing our debt. This would also be a sign of fiscal responsibility and patriotism according to the then Senator Obama (2008), who called a large national debt ‘irresponsible’ and ‘unpatriotic.’ (Please refer to Ethics/Morality comment above.)

Finally, or perhaps firstly, the current hot button topic of illegal immigration needs to be dealt with. This issue touches all of the 8 formally listed issues. Secure the border and deport those illegally in the US. Close the anchor baby loophole. America would be a better place if we screened those entering our great country rather that dealing with whatever illegally shows up.

Forum List

Back