US Army’s Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

In other words, you do not care.

And this is typical of you. Get blasted with facts, and you still insist you are correct.

Well, considering you are a bigot that should not be real surprising.

Yup, don't care about your irrelevant points... no one was volunteering by 1943, that's why they needed selective service. The man on the draft board was the most hated man in the community...

Yup, don't care about your irrelevant points... no one was volunteering by 1943, that's why they needed selective service. The man on the draft board was the most hated man in the community...

They could not volunteer by 1943.

Which is why all your claims are utter failures.

And I love how somehow in your mind an Executive Order ending enlistment is somehow "irrelevant". Can you please explain that in some kind of logical manner?

They could not volunteer by 1943.

No one wanted to volunteer by 1943... that's why they needed a draft, dummy.

You never see that WWII vet obituary that reads, "Signed up after the battle of Anzio!" Nope because because by the time the meat-grinder that was Anzio happened, people were looking for ways to avoid the draft, not sign up. You do see that obituary that reads "Signed up after Pearl Harbor".

Modern example. A bunch of people signed up after 9/11. Then we found out that Bush lied about WMD's, lied about being warned about the attacks, didn't have a plan to win, and pretty soon, they are lowering the enlistment standards, which is how you got such winners like Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdahl signing up. You had stoploss orders keeping people in long after their enlistments expired, you had the same National Guard units being rotated into theater again and again.

And now we have, Joe's plan for peace.

We have mandatory national service for all 18 year olds. You cannot attend college until you've completed your national service. Not everyone will go into the military, there will be a bunch of other options, including urban outreach, forest service, etc.

But.

For the children of the politicians and wealthy, they all get assigned to an elite airborne unit that will be the first deployed to any war zone. So when our elites decide that we need to liberate someone's petroleum reserves, their kids go first. You know, instead of some poor kid you scammed for a college education that never happens.

Peace in our Time.

No one wanted to volunteer by 1943... that's why they needed a draft, dummy.

You never see that WWII vet obituary that reads, "Signed up after the battle of Anzio!" Nope because because by the time the meat-grinder that was Anzio happened, people were looking for ways to avoid the draft, not sign up. You do see that obituary that reads "Signed up after Pearl Harbor".

Modern example. A bunch of people signed up after 9/11. Then we found out that Bush lied about WMD's, lied about being warned about the attacks, didn't have a plan to win, and pretty soon, they are lowering the enlistment standards, which is how you got such winners like Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdahl signing up. You had stoploss orders keeping people in long after their enlistments expired, you had the same National Guard units being rotated into theater again and again.

And now we have, Joe's plan for peace.

We have mandatory national service for all 18 year olds. You cannot attend college until you've completed your national service. Not everyone will go into the military, there will be a bunch of other options, including urban outreach, forest service, etc.

But.

For the children of the politicians and wealthy, they all get assigned to an elite airborne unit that will be the first deployed to any war zone. So when our elites decide that we need to liberate someone's petroleum reserves, their kids go first. You know, instead of some poor kid you scammed for a college education that never happens.

Peace in our Time.

Wow, you really do just bounce all over the freaking place, and have absolutely no connection with reality. You said so much that is completely wrong in there that I can actually find very little that is actually true. Congratulations, that may be the most untrue post made in here in ages.

As I said before, not real surprising from a bigot.

Wow, you really do just bounce all over the freaking place, and have absolutely no connection with reality. You said so much that is completely wrong in there that I can actually find very little that is actually true. Congratulations, that may be the most untrue post made in here in ages.

As I said before, not real surprising from a bigot.

Whatever, guy... you missed the point completely. The government didn't impose Selective Service because too many guys were signing up.

They imposed it because too many people were trying to avoid the draft by 1943.

Whatever, guy... you missed the point completely. The government didn't impose Selective Service because too many guys were signing up.

They imposed it because too many people were trying to avoid the draft by 1943.

Uh-huh. Based only on what you say, with no proof.

YOu can keep repeating yourself over and over, it does not matter because it only exists in your head. Like almost everything else you ever spout off about.

Uh-huh. Based only on what you say, with no proof.

YOu can keep repeating yourself over and over, it does not matter because it only exists in your head. Like almost everything else you ever spout off about.

Based on what my Dad and most of his friends said, who lived through it all. I grew up in a neighborhood where they all defined themselves by what campaigns they were in during WWII. And every last one of them was drafted... because no one was signing up after the first year.

And every last one of them was drafted... because no one was signing up after the first year.

Last time, BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT SIGN UP AFTER THE FIRST YEAR!

Here is a classic example of JoeB logic:

Joe: You can jump to the moon, but it's illegal.

Common Sense: It is not illegal to jump to the moon. It's just that nobody can do it.

Joe: BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL!

You cannot get into the Armed Forces unless you score above a certain number (it varies from Service to Service) on the AFQT (or equivalent). Long ago, the Army recognized that if someone has an IQ below 85, they cannot even be trained to be useful soldiers or sailors. Cassius Clay got drafted when they lowered the minimum score during VN, and look where that got him.

During Vietnam, there were many Canadians and Panamanians who served, many hoping to get U.S. citizenship out of it.

Within a year of full immersion into English, a reasonably bright foreigner (let's say, an illegal alien) could probably score high enough on the AFQT to enlist. And everyone would be better off for it.

Veterans make the best citizens. Look at the draft dodgers who took over American Academe. We are all fucked because of it.
I think you're correct here, abstractly. What you said was once true. But things have changed.

Until a few years ago you could take it for granted that almost everyone in America loved their country, whatever its flaws. (There were a handful of exceptions, starting in the late 60s, among radicalized college students. But they really were an exception.)

You could be a straight Democrat voting hard-hat in New York, or a longshoreman on the West Coast... but you loved America. You didn't have to say it, it was just taken for granted.

It was even true among the people America treated the worst: Blacks, Native Americans, Hispanics, Japanese. In WWII we locked the Japanese up in camps ... and their sons went off and joined the Army and were put in a special regiment ... the 442nd .. and it ended up getting the highest rate of decorations of any unit of similar size in the Army. I suppose they were trying to prove something.

In fact, America's non-white component has always had an honorable military record:
[ Doris Miller - Wikipedia ]
[ Tuskegee Airmen - Wikipedia ]
[ 442nd Infantry Regiment (United States) - Wikipedia ]
[ Code talker - Wikipedia ]
[ Roy Benavidez - Wikipedia ]

(Frankly, I would have completely understood if they had said, "Screw you, I'm not risking my life for a nation that imprisons my parents/lynches my people/stole my land ... " But they didn't think this way. Some Lefties on this site would no doubt say they were all "Uncle Toms". But perhaps they had an understanding -- not necessarily consciously-articulated -- that America, by its very nature as a nation founded on the principle that all men were created equal, with certain unalienable rights -- had a future that would transcend its past -- especially compared with everywhere else.

And they were right. Too bad our current Leftist intelligentsia doesn't agree with them.

But things have changed. Now young people are taught by leftists to despise their own country. And of course the Left is working hard to prevent the military from even recruiting in schools:

[ Campus Military Recruitment Roils Students ]

[ Standing Up to Military Recruiters ]

But that was the past. Things have changed. Maybe the Left won't be so hostile to the military now.

And, as many others have noted, the Left has gotten into the military as well, via government directives -- turning it into a Social Justice Laboratory, where female (real ones) soldiers get a directive on how to respond when another 'female' soldier with a penis showers with them.

So ... once our schools, our military, all our institutions, made our immigrants into patriotic Amercans. Indeed, these people were often more American than the Americans.

But this is no longer true. We're on the way down and coming apart as a nation, as the Left opens the racial fracture lines, among others.

We can do things to slow the decline, and give us more time to organize.

The good people at this place are doing their best to halt the rot in the military:
[ Home | STARRS ]

US Army’s Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

The US Army has a major recruiting problem and can’t…
16 Sep 2022

US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge
The US Army has a major recruiting problem and can't find enough young people who meet the basic requirements to enlist, according to Army Times.
Lt. Gen. Maria Gervais, second in command for Army Training and Doctrine Command, sounded off Thursday about the troubling developments. She highlighted disqualification rates for potential recruits jumped from 30-40% (pre-Covid) to a whopping 70% this year due to obesity, low test scores, and/or drug use.
Gervais pointed out the service has experienced a "nosedive" in recruits since July 2021. She explained Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) scores were 10% lower during the virus pandemic in 2020-21. That figure has since increased to 13% for the most recent high school graduating class.
~Snip~
Besides failing to meet academic standards, obesity was another driver of higher disqualification rates. Also, increasing drug use among youngsters didn't help.
The challenges of today's youth put combat preparedness in question as liberal war hawks are determined to spark World War III in Ukraine and or in the Taiwan Strait.
At least the youth have one thing going for them: obsession with violent video games has desensitized an entire generation to all sorts of violence where war might not be a big shock.
Remember, the service's recruitment crisis has been an ongoing issue but has worsened in the last few years. We pointed out it's "another signal of declining support for the federal government and its institutions."
Maybe because the military has gotten too 'woke'? You know the saying: "go woke, go broke" -- this can also happen to empires...
The shrinking pool of eligible youth due to obesity, low test scores, or drug use should be a national security threat to US health and security.

Commentary:
Why should the Army worry about recruitment?
Or, is woke Emma with the two moms not nearly as powerful as we were led to believe?
Meanwhile for nearly two years the Delaware Demented Dolt got rid of thousands of highly experienced soldiers who were unvaxed.
The ASVAB is indexed to a 10th grade education level of knowledge. To get in the army a score of the 35th percentile or higher was required.
The two branches that demanded higher scores (>55) are the Air Force and the Marines.
No conservative in his right mind would join a Dementia led military. That would be stupid.
It’s not a military anymore, thanks to Biden. Milley and Austin. It’s now a liberal political entity that normal people reject and now patriotic families are dissuading their kids from joining, and military families are starting new legacies. Nice work Brandon.
So. You telling me the meat is more rotten than the meatheads that fucked up and signed onto that farce since 'nam ?
I suppose they could all get .phd's ?
1991_67237_p1.jpg

Actually it is the right who hates our country, wants to suspend the Constitution, break up our beloved United States, is attacking our Capitol.

Liberals made this country and we love it
It's a good question ... were the Founders "liberals" or "conservatives"? The answer is, neither. At the time, modern liberal/conservative distinction didn't exist.

They were close to being 'Whigs', not 'Tories', the main distinction then. Both of those
tendencies were, in modern terms, very conservative. But it would be less than honest for modern conservatives to claim that they were just the conservatives of their time.

But it is interesting that one of the Founding Fathers of conservatism, Edmund Burke, was a friend of America, even though he opposed independence.

As for whether people on the Left "love America". Well, when they're debating the Right they do, or make a show of doing. But it's not really true, in other than very cool, abstract sense for some of them, and not even that for many.

But here's a test. The New York City Council, a few years ago, voted to honor the executed Soviet spy, Ethel Rosenberg. These aren't some fringe crazies, like the Bezerkely City Council. I'd say they're pretty representative of mainstream liberalism.

Here are links to that story, because I know it sounds like rightwing fantasy.
"Honoring a Soviet spy, whose work gave Stalin the atom bomb and other military technology? Ridiculous. Liberals would never do that!!!!":

[ The City Council’s ‘heroes’ from hell ]
[ City Council honors Ethel Rosenberg for ‘great bravery’ ]
[ ‘60 Minutes’ pushing Ethel Rosenberg pardon — don’t buy it ]

Do you think these liberals on the New York City Council 'love their country'?
(Note to others reading this: Stalin supposedly said, "Paper will take anything written on it.") So will computer screens.

Anyway, what do you think about what the New York City Council did?

(Frankly, I would have completely understood if they had said, "Screw you, I'm not risking my life for a nation that imprisons my parents/lynches my people/stole my land ... " But they didn't think this way. Some Lefties on this site would no doubt say they were all "Uncle Toms". But perhaps they had an understanding -- not necessarily consciously-articulated -- that America, by its very nature as a nation founded on the principle that all men were created equal, with certain unalienable rights -- had a future that would transcend its past -- especially compared with everywhere else.

Or they recognized that the military was the only place they could get hired and be given a chance.

No leftist would call a black person an Uncle Tom for signing up for his country.

What bothered me when I was in back in the 1980's how they military would sell these kids (of all races) on how the military would pay for their college when a lot of them couldn't read or write at a grade school level.

And they were right. Too bad our current Leftist intelligentsia doesn't agree with them.

But things have changed. Now young people are taught by leftists to despise their own country. And of course the Left is working hard to prevent the military from even recruiting in schools:

Rightwinger took you to task for this one, Fake Hippy Doug,

There's kind of a reason why there are valid concerns about recruiting practices. You never see the recruiters setting up in Evanston or Schaumburg or another affluent (white) suburb. They go to inner city schools and recruit those kids.

My own view... bring back selective service, but have it as a wide array of national service (not just the military). If you are a hippy (or a fake hippy), you can sign up for the peace corps, but everyone has to do their two years.

But here's a test. The New York City Council, a few years ago, voted to honor the executed Soviet spy, Ethel Rosenberg. These aren't some fringe crazies, like the Bezerkely City Council. I'd say they're pretty representative of mainstream liberalism.

The execution of Ethel Rosenberg was an attrocity... she was actually executed for her politics.

I don't like what you MAGAts did on 1/6, but I don't think any of you should be executed for it.

Or they recognized that the military was the only place they could get hired and be given a chance.

No leftist would call a black person an Uncle Tom for signing up for his country.

What bothered me when I was in back in the 1980's how they military would sell these kids (of all races) on how the military would pay for their college when a lot of them couldn't read or write at a grade school level.

Rightwinger took you to task for this one, Fake Hippy Doug,

There's kind of a reason why there are valid concerns about recruiting practices. You never see the recruiters setting up in Evanston or Schaumburg or another affluent (white) suburb. They go to inner city schools and recruit those kids.

My own view... bring back selective service, but have it as a wide array of national service (not just the military). If you are a hippy (or a fake hippy), you can sign up for the peace corps, but everyone has to do their two years.
Whoa, it's Joe ... a guy so rich he can just afford to scorn my offer to give him $10 000!!

If you haven't followed this -- and probably no one has, but here's an opportunity to have some fun with old Joe -- he calls me "fake Hippy Doug" ... what? Well, I mentioned somewhere that I was active in the Civil Rights movement in the 60s. (There weren't any hippies in that movement, by the way.) He said I was lying.

So I made him an offer that, surely, if he believed I was lying, he wouldn't be able to refuse: we'll each put up $10 000 to a reliable third person, a laywer perhaps, who can do the required legal stuff. Then we'll choose three people we both think are honest.

I'll be happy if they're all three Lefties, since I know there are many honorable (but misguided) people on the Left. (Everyone I worked with in the Civil Rights movement was on the Left, by the way -- from ordinary liberals on out.)

Then I'll submit evidence that I was indeed in the Civil Rights movement in the 60s: For example, I took part in Freedom Summer (1964 ) voter registration in Fayette County, Tennessee.

The three will examine my evidence, and if they decide I was lying, Joe gets my $10 000!!!
If they decide I'm telling the truth, I get Joe's money. (Which I will give to the Patriot Mail Project.)

What could be fairer?

But ... for some reason ... Joe won't take me up on this!

Why do you think that is?

It's a good question ... were the Founders "liberals" or "conservatives"? The answer is, neither. At the time, modern liberal/conservative distinction didn't exist.

They were close to being 'Whigs', not 'Tories', the main distinction then. Both of those tendencies were, in modern terms, very conservative.

Actually, most of them were Tories.

Franklin, Washington, Adams, Jefferson, most of them and the others were honest patriots who saw themselves as "British" first, and "Colonials" second.

Most do not seem to realize that the First Continental Congress was formed in order to bring a petition to the King in order to resolve the issues between the colonies and the crown. They issued the "Declaration and Resolves" for how they would handle the issues, and sent the "Petition to the King", essentially asking that they be given their "Rights as Englishmen". About the only response was the Crown ordering the Congress dissolved (as they had dissolved all other local governments).

However, by the time of the Second Continental Congress, not only was their first petition rejected, the later "Olive Branch Petition" was outright rejected as well (the King refused to even receive it). And open warfare had broken out between the colonies and the government, and Boston was under siege. It is all of that and more which changed it from sending yet another position for rights into Independence and a revolution.

When studying almost every one of them, it becomes obvious that almost all were at one time strong supporters of the UK. However, in a period of just a few years almost all of them changed their stance and came to believe it no longer stood for them, so they decided to form a new country instead.

The execution of Ethel Rosenberg was an attrocity... [sic] she was actually executed for her politics.

No, she was rightfully executed for spying on behalf of the Soviet Union, for providing them with sensitive military technology that enable them to more quickly develop similar technology for their own military.

There was plenty of evidence of her guilt, made public, at the time of her trial, and a huge amount more that was declassified in the 1990s and beyond, after the fall of the Soviet Union.

I guess it should be no surprise to find you coming out openly on the side of a traitor, given the deep, intense hatred that you consistently express for America and the values on which this nation as founded, and especially given the relationship that you claim to be in with a woman from China, and some of the things you've said sympathetic to China. It's extremely unlikely that you have any access to sensitive American military secrets than China would want, but if you did, I think there can be little doubt what you would do with such information. Only a lack of opportunity stops you from committing the same crimes that the Rosenbergs did, and meeting the same fate.

Whoa, it's Joe ... a guy so rich he can just afford to scorn my offer to give him $10 000!!

If you haven't followed this -- and probably no one has, but here's an opportunity to have some fun with old Joe -- he calls me "fake Hippy Doug" ... what? Well, I mentioned somewhere that I was active in the Civil Rights movement in the 60s. (There weren't any hippies in that movement, by the way.)

You are seriously claiming there were no hippies involved in the civil rights movement?

images-3_large_square.jpg

So I made him an offer that, surely, if he believed I was lying, he wouldn't be able to refuse: we'll each put up $10 000 to a reliable third person, a laywer perhaps, who can do the required legal stuff. Then we'll choose three people we both think are honest.

Well, first, I don't give out my personal information to ANYONE on the internet.. that would be stupid.

Secondly, I've already proven you are just making shit up

No, she was rightfully executed for spying on behalf of the Soviet Union, for providing them with sensitive military technology that enable them to more quickly develop similar technology for their own military.

There was plenty of evidence of her guilt, made public, at the time of her trial, and a huge amount more that was declassified in the 1990s and beyond, after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Actually, there was very little evidence against Ethel, and very little evidence that the Soviets really gained all that much from what Julius provided.

I guess it should be no surprise to find you coming out openly on the side of a traitor, given the deep, intense hatred that you consistently express for America and the values on which this nation as founded, and especially given the relationship that you claim to be in with a woman from China, and some of the things you've said sympathetic to China. It's extremely unlikely that you have any access to sensitive American military secrets than China would want, but if you did, I think there can be little doubt what you would do with such information. Only a lack of opportunity stops you from committing the same crimes that the Rosenbergs did, and meeting the same fate.

Wow, Bob, you keep obsessing over my love life....

I'm a veteran, I've done more for this country than you ever will.

But I kind of have a hard time considering China an "enemy" when rich Americans moved all our jobs over there. Did someone forget to tell Ford, Apple, HP and all the other big titans of industry that China was our "enemy"? Or even the Trump Organization, which had their MAGA hats and cheap ties made in China.

What dating a Chinese woman has taught me is that most Americans are kind of piss ignorant of Chinese history, culture and attitudes.

They don't hate us, they want to be more like us.

Do you know what America is called in Chinese? "Meiguo" - The Beautiful Country.

Forum List

Back