UPS and Target Holiday Hiring Brings Up Jobs Numbers

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
A UPS manager delivered to my house today, in his own vehicle. He said since Target is offering 1-Day shipping, they are flooded with packages to deliver. All the managers are on the job, and have the option of using their own vehicles, or drive rental vans. UPS logistics may be overwhelmed, but they get it done.

UPS says:

“We expect another record Peak season this year, with daily package deliveries nearly doubling compared to our average of 20 million per day,” said Jim Barber, chief operating officer. “In order to make that happen, once again we’re recruiting about 100,000 people for some of the country’s best seasonal jobs.”

UPS To Hire About 100,000 For Holiday Season

UPS, Target set to hire thousands for holidays

A UPS manager delivered to my house today, in his own vehicle. He said since Target is offering 1-Day shipping, they are flooded with packages to deliver. All the managers are on the job, and have the option of using their own vehicles, or drive rental vans. UPS logistics may be overwhelmed, but they get it done.

UPS says:

“We expect another record Peak season this year, with daily package deliveries nearly doubling compared to our average of 20 million per day,” said Jim Barber, chief operating officer. “In order to make that happen, once again we’re recruiting about 100,000 people for some of the country’s best seasonal jobs.”

HOLIDAY SEASON?

not CHRISTMAS???!?!?

is this part of the liberal war on christmas?

UPS says:

Yeah, we all know about Christmas. Thanks.

And clearly my point is yeah but by how much? 1%? 0.1%? 0.01% less?
Um...the November jobs report showed 266,000 new jobs. You have been given the info that one company alone planned to hire 100,000 seasonal workers. So your math might be a WEE bit off.

And clearly my point is yeah but by how much? 1%? 0.1%? 0.01% less?
Um...the November jobs report showed 266,000 new jobs. You have been given the info that one company alone planned to hire 100,000 seasonal workers. So your math might be a WEE bit off.
And what Target reports:

"Along with UPS, Target also announced last week they plan to bring on over 130,000 seasonal team members to support their stores across the United States as they prepare for increased foot traffic in their brick-and-mortar locations and increased shipping at their distribution centers.

In a statement, the company explained, of the seasonal hires, the vast majority – approximately 125,000 positions – will be in stores, while the remaining 8,000 will be employed at Target’s distribution and fulfillment centers."

That makes 2 companies.

UPS says:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

As they ways are this time of yr.......so
Right!
Right.....established history
Yep! And here I thought it was because of the magic of the child President. Thanks for the correction!
Who gets the credit is unimportant if the econ is humming along.

It’s Obama’s economy, until there is a downturn, then it is Trump’s economy. The left has told us so.

Forum List

Back