UPS and Target Holiday Hiring Brings Up Jobs Numbers

A UPS manager delivered to my house today, in his own vehicle. He said since Target is offering 1-Day shipping, they are flooded with packages to deliver. All the managers are on the job, and have the option of using their own vehicles, or drive rental vans. UPS logistics may be overwhelmed, but they get it done.

UPS says:

“We expect another record Peak season this year, with daily package deliveries nearly doubling compared to our average of 20 million per day,” said Jim Barber, chief operating officer. “In order to make that happen, once again we’re recruiting about 100,000 people for some of the country’s best seasonal jobs.”

UPS To Hire About 100,000 For Holiday Season

UPS, Target set to hire thousands for holidays

I got a UPS package yesterday...delivered in a Uhaul truck. It's tough to find a rental trailer or semi tractor now, because UPS had rented damn near everything available. (Saw a UPS tractor pulling a Swift trailer last week, and a Penske tractor pulling a pair of UPS doubles today.)
And many have 2 delivery guys.

A UPS manager delivered to my house today, in his own vehicle. He said since Target is offering 1-Day shipping, they are flooded with packages to deliver. All the managers are on the job, and have the option of using their own vehicles, or drive rental vans. UPS logistics may be overwhelmed, but they get it done.

UPS says:

“We expect another record Peak season this year, with daily package deliveries nearly doubling compared to our average of 20 million per day,” said Jim Barber, chief operating officer. “In order to make that happen, once again we’re recruiting about 100,000 people for some of the country’s best seasonal jobs.”

I got a UPS package yesterday...delivered in a Uhaul truck. It's tough to find a rental trailer or semi tractor now, because UPS had rented damn near everything available. (Saw a UPS tractor pulling a Swift trailer last week, and a Penske tractor pulling a pair of UPS doubles today.)

And the trucks are PACKED. Stuffed to the roof, packages on the floor, packages bungee-corded to the wheelhouses-I've even seen packages between the front seats. Every truck goes out crammed as full as possible, every driver is working to his/her HOS limit.

I told my ups ups guy to take his time and slow it down until they pay you more. He laughed but in reality he knew I had a major point. The harder you work the more you fall behind.

UPS says:

And the trucks are PACKED. Stuffed to the roof, packages on the floor, packages bungee-corded to the wheelhouses-I've even seen packages between the front seats. Every truck goes out crammed as full as possible, every driver is working to his/her HOS limit.
The neighbor kid hired on. 11-7pm 5-day week. Using a rented mini-van.

Why do lefties need to make excuses for high job numbers? More proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind.

Why do lefties need to make excuses for high job numbers? More proof that the world is upside down in the liberal mind.
Job numbers are great so is consumer spending BUT you pos wouldn't give Obama credit for 75 straight months of 6 digit employment gains why should we give the ah trump any?

Forum List

Back