Upper Peninsula

And that looks like it's right on the trail where people ride quads, snowmobiles and cars. Thanks! Yea, I don't want to have to drive 7 hours to get to my property. Thanks
Helicopters are getting more affordable.

We were up in Munising a couple of years back.

Liked it a lot but I’m sure the winters are brutal.

We were up in Munising a couple of years back.

Liked it a lot but I’m sure the winters are brutal.
Now I'm thinking maybe I should buy a RV and camper and just live out of that. If I had 5 acres maybe I could build or put a small fake log cabin, insulate it, use it as a hunting blind but stay in it when I go up. But first the RV. Maybe I could buy cheap wood to make the cabin. Or maybe just buy one of those $5000 ones that are already made

Here's one for $9K
1699454950989.png

Way to shit in your own thread.

No wonder people here feel the way they do.

True. Sorry sometimes I can't help myself. That person went negative talking about meth heads ruining my dream and my mind just went there.

You know how much I get along with Republicans? Great unless they find out my politics. But even then, we usually get along. They can use me as a punching bag when they rant about liberals and I get to punch back. But we don't do it like here. But that "try that in a small town" comment would have been okay. Don't be a snowflake.

True. Sorry sometimes I can't help myself. That person went negative talking about meth heads ruining my dream and my mind just went there.

You know how much I get along with Republicans? Great unless they find out my politics. But even then, we usually get along. They can use me as a punching bag when they rant about liberals and I get to punch back. But we don't do it like here. But that "try that in a small town" comment would have been okay. Don't be a snowflake.

No, you're not.

Look at what happens when you try to warn a leftist about a possible danger to them, and they shit back at you.

We gotcha. We know you.

Bye. My time is too valuable.

It's not just the frigid winters. It's the blackflies in the summer. Maine has the same issue.

I wonder if you can rid your property of them

The best repellent for Michigan black flies is one that contains DEET, and Wondercide is a popular brand. You can also use natural repellents, such as lavender and pine oils and vanilla extract.

Biting black flies in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula can be so extreme that it disrupts your outdoor adventures. However, they don’t have to be a huge problem if you prepare ahead of time. You can use these tips to protect yourself (and your pets) from bites.

Wondercide makes repellents for humans and pets and is often recommended for deterring black flies.

If you don’t want to use a DEET-based bug repellent, you have many other options. For example, you can drink 1 ounce of apple cider vinegar, which creates an odor that humans can’t detect but that black flies don’t like. Some other options that locals and visitors suggest include:

In addition to using certain scents and bug spray, black flies don’t like smoke. So, staying near a burning fire — especially while camping — can keep these pests at bay.

And, black flies are very strong fliers, which is why they don’t feed on windy days. So, having a few strong fans nearby will prevent them from getting to you.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should buy a RV and camper and just live out of that. If I had 5 acres maybe I could build or put a small fake log cabin, insulate it, use it as a hunting blind but stay in it when I go up. But first the RV. Maybe I could buy cheap wood to make the cabin. Or maybe just buy one of those $5000 ones that are already made

Here's one for $9K
View attachment 855144

The real way to do it is a good portable sawmill and cut your wood. :eusa_shhh:

The real way to do it is a good portable sawmill and cut your wood. :eusa_shhh:
I've seen those guys do that on Mountain Men. I also saw on another show the guy took 3 pieces of lumber. Drilled them together with the middle one higher than the 2 on the outside and they put their cabin together like legos. Stack the next 3 logs on top of the lower 3 logs. Slide them left and right.

I've seen those guys do that on Mountain Men. I also saw on another show the guy took 3 pieces of lumber. Drilled them together with the middle one higher than the 2 on the outside and they put their cabin together like legos. Stack the next 3 logs on top of the lower 3 logs. Slide them left and right.
Idk about all that, but I've seen it done in real life. :dunno:

Here's one for $9K
View attachment 855144
You have no idea what you want and Kalkaska Michigan is NOT in the UP.

Forum List

Back