Up in Virginia City again... didn't see arch...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
One thing they prize in V.C. is the 2nd amendment, which most everyone should know is the right to own and carry a firearm. I've known the guy on the left in this picture as "Doc Holiday" ever since I've been going up to V.C.. Today I approached him and said, "damn Doc, am I seeing DOUBLE"? He said, "nope, this is my twin brother Whiskey". I told him a picture was in order. Thus, notice the huge knife in Doc's right boot, the ivory handled pistol hanging under his left arm, and hardly discernable, the grip of another pistol in his left boot. This is typical of most people who hang out in the Bucket of Blood, and also many who are strolling around town. I love it.

5001-1-2.jpg

And then there's the character I ride with. Phantom John. He used to work on the steam engine train up here when it ran. Very popular in town, everyone knows him. Good shit. Some may say eccentric, but a down to earth good shit, and a hellofva good Harley rider. Of course I had to get "MY" Harley in the picture "in front"...

5004-1.jpg

And then this EXCELENT old car came cruising down the street...

5007-1.jpg

And then we have the fucking moron that was walking down the MIDDLE of the street. He was a little more off to the side by the time I got my camera out and took a picture of him. He's grinning at me like he's doing something cute. What he should know is how bad I'm thinking he needs his ass kicked for being so stupid...

5003-1.jpg

And then a view of the way out of town. I love this place. I'll never leave Reno... or Nevada for that matter... anything goes here...

5008-1.jpg

Pretty sweet man. And there's still snow here.... :( Well I got to get some sleep, round two with the lucky lady of first period geometry starts in 9 hours...

There's lots of snow around here too, especially above 6,000 feet.

One thing I didn't mention, on the way back, two rice rocket bikes bit it on one of the MANY curves towards Reno. Exhaust over here, a piece of handle bar over there, and people laying in the ditch waiting for the ambulance to arive.

No need to see who's fastest on a Harley. You just aren't going to be. It's all about styling and enjoying the ride on a Harley. :D .... not to mention the excelent sound they make.

mom4 said:
Very nice pics. Love the brown-tinted twins. :D

I took a picture both in "sepia", which is supposed to make it look old time, and one normal.

5002-1.jpg

Hey pale I was down in the moto-cross pits with the kids all day Saturday and most of Sunday...I saw you out front of the Bucket with Phantom John honked & waved as I went buy...you were too involved with the photo op...LOL and by the way the pic of your Harley hiding Johns Imitation Honda/Harley was funny...Phantom looks the same though...sorry I did not stop I had to meet a buyer for my gas hog Bayliner...and it sold...hoo rah...maybe next time mate!

And I could hear the Comstock Cowboys from my house...only live down the hill about 300' from the Bucket! They sounded pretty good but what the hell was the mix&match country/rap...LOL!

***sneaks out***

archangel said:
Hey pale I was down in the moto-cross pits with the kids all day Saturday and most of Sunday...I saw you out front of the Bucket with Phantom John honked & waved as I went buy...you were too involved with the photo op...LOL and by the way the pic of your Harley hiding Johns Imitation Honda/Harley was funny...Phantom looks the same though...sorry I did not stop I had to meet a buyer for my gas hog Bayliner...and it sold...hoo rah...maybe next time mate!

And I could hear the Comstock Cowboys from my house...only live down the hill about 300' from the Bucket! They sounded pretty good but what the hell was the mix&match country/rap...LOL!

***sneaks out***

Don't know about the country/rap stuff. Only stayed for a little into the second set. That new guitar player of David John's is wierd. Thinks he's a country star, and doesn't know all David John's old cowboy songs. Getting worse every time I listen to them. They don't do their tribute to the flag anymore which pisses me off. Still fun, but not as good as it used to be. Still love the Bucket, and V.C..

Forum List

Back