Unrigging Our Elections

We have secret ballots here specifically so that voters cannot be punished by the state. That is achieved by NOT having individual ballots tied to the voter once it has been cast.

WW
They are not outed. The signatures are compared. If they are not close to matching they should not be counted. It does not matter who they are for. Why is verifying a signature a threat to you? You are enabling fraud.

They are not outed. The signatures are compared. If they are not close to matching they should not be counted. It does not matter who they are for. Why is verifying a signature a threat to you? You are enabling fraud.

There are no signatures on ballots. I have never signed a ballot.

The previous poster was talking about serial numbers on the ballots that are then tied to a specific voter. Not just mail in ballots but ALL ballots.

Ummm - No.

WW

Who was the last Republican president, or even last GOP presidential candidate who ran on issues without playing to the culture war issues?
Probably Daddy Bush, and they wanted to ride him out on a rail, even though he fought and won a war that needed fighting with very low ally casualties (most of those not combat related), a difinitive goal, getting the troops out when accomplish, with no mission creep, but was dispised because he wanted to pay for the war he'd won, using taxes. Go Figure. I voted for him twice.

Probably Daddy Bush, and they wanted to ride him out on a rail, even though he fought and won a war that needed fighting with very low ally casualties (most of those not combat related), a difinitive goal, getting the troops out when accomplish, with no mission creep, but was dispised because he wanted to pay for the war he'd won, using taxes. Go Figure. I voted for him twice.
I really liked GHW Bush as a man, but remember WIllie Horton?

Now, he was a profile-in-courage on the tax thing. The war? It was to me necessary, but General Norman Schwarzkopf screwed up, and it was glossed over.

there is so little voter fraud, it's amazing how you think this you propose will actually help? The I.D. laws are proposed by right wingers in areeas where poor, elderly, and minority people vote. Make it harder.
The fraud is committed well before the ballots are printed when the owners of the corrupt duopoly decide who they will let you vote for.

they don't have show who they voted for

You said and premise:
#1 You said, serialize the ballots with numbers,
#2 You said, link the ballot serial number to the voter,
#3 Premise, the ballot shows who was voted for.

By serializing the ballots, linking it to the voter, then using the ballot to cast a vote - Yes, you do show who individual voters voted for.

WW

There are no signatures on ballots. I have never signed a ballot.

The previous poster was talking about serial numbers on the ballots that are then tied to a specific voter. Not just mail in ballots but ALL ballots.

Ummm - No.

WW
The signatures are on the envelopes. The signatures are on file. They can be compared and either accepted or rejected. I never said a ballot was signed. Do not make shit up it makes you look bad.

Unless major reforms take place, the Repub has no chance & I won't be voting.
I'm not taking part in the charade anymore as long as I know it doesn't really matter.
As long as the UNiparty is allowed to commit as much fraud as necessary to install whomever they want, we have selections instead if elections.

To be honest. And here I speak for a vast majority of the American People. We really approve of your decision. Encourage others of your idealism to join in your boycott.

You said and premise:
#1 You said, serialize the ballots with numbers,
#2 You said, link the ballot serial number to the voter,
#3 Premise, the ballot shows who was voted for.

By serializing the ballots, linking it to the voter, then using the ballot to cast a vote - Yes, you do show who individual voters voted for.

WW
no, it would just show that the Voter casted a ballot, but not who they voted for

The signatures are on the envelopes. The signatures are on file. They can be compared and either accepted or rejected. I never said a ballot was signed. Do not make shit up it makes you look bad.

1683314775002.png

You might want to slow down and think about what you are responding to. You responded to my post about ballot serial numbers with saying signatures are compared.

WW

no, it would just show that the Voter casted a ballot, but not who they voted for

1683314936315.png

That isn't what you said. you said each ballot would have a serial number and it would be assigned to the voter.

That ties the ballot to a voter and since the ballot has the vote cast it ties the selection of the vote to the voter.

WW

Require Voter ID.
Every ballot should have a serial number that is assigned to a real verified living voter.
All voting systems should be certified using test ballots before during and after elections.
Every ballot should have a watermark or hologram on it.

All hand counted, NO machines.

NO mail-in....Only legit absentee, cast at the polling place or county recorder.

No more same-day registration or "motor voter"....If you think your vote is so valuable, then you can get your ass in and register before the deadline.

I'll even compromise and go with a week of early voting, not a moment more...No more "election season".

Ballot isn't in by poll closing time on election day, tough shit.

okie dokie

go back to your padded room
Tell me who would you rather be

The guy on a ballot or the guy who controlled who was on the ballot.

Do you really think our latest crop of politicians is really the best we can do?

If you do then you must think Americans are fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back