UNPRECEDENTED: Sen Shelby is placing a hold on ALL Nominees FOR WHAT? TO GET PORK!

Are just playing dumb here?

First of all, Halliburton has had no-bid contracts for decades and throughout several administrations, with different parties controlling congress.

This situation involves the blatant voiding of a competitive bid process, for no better reason than political grandstanding.

HUGE difference.

No bid contracts are also a blatant violation of the competitive bidding process.

Boeing and Northrop have also both had contracts with the government previous to this administration.

And Halliburton were awarded a whole bunch of contracts during the Bush administration that were not in existence before the Bush administration, just like this contract.

Americans were fine flying the P-51, which was built to a Brit spec and ultimately fitted with a Rolls Royce engine, when it suited us.

So it's ok now to favor a European-Government subsidized foreign manufacturer, as part of a consortium, rather than go with a purely American manufacturer, because people made have done it in the past? On a contract that directly effects our national security?

Especially now, when the country is starving for jobs?

Come on, is this seriously the argument here?

And then a Senator throws a hissy fit about it, and as a result, blocks federal nominees?

And you're defending that???
The point is that creating international corporate consortiums to build American military hardware are nothing new.

If the country is so starving for jobs, and you're soooo concerned about it, why is it you seem to be behind the voiding of a legitimate bidding process, which has but the schedule behind by two years, to this point, eh?

Are just playing dumb here?

First of all, Halliburton has had no-bid contracts for decades and throughout several administrations, with different parties controlling congress.

This situation involves the blatant voiding of a competitive bid process, for no better reason than political grandstanding.

HUGE difference.

No bid contracts are also a blatant violation of the competitive bidding process.

Boeing and Northrop have also both had contracts with the government previous to this administration.

And Halliburton were awarded a whole bunch of contracts during the Bush administration that were not in existence before the Bush administration, just like this contract.
My God, are you an intellectual basket case. :lol:

HALLIBURTON!!! GEORGE BOOOOOOOOOSH!!
:rofl:

A single senator can place an anonymous hold on any appointee.

At this point right now, there are something like 170 unconfirmed nominees that are being held up.

Tell me you didn't know this.

Indeed, the "Party of No" is apparently trying to hold up all the nominees they can. Probably until November, when they seem to think they'll be in a better position to block them permanently.

I tell ya, it's pretty fucked when we are almost 18 months since Obama's election we STILL don't have an NSA director confirmed yet.

Let's see. Sen. Shelby put a hold on nominees yesterday. So what's Barry's reason for not getting an NSA director in the 17 mos and 29 days prior to yesterday? Could it be he was busy failing to capture the Olympics and picking up his Nobel Prize instead of focusing on the job he was hired to do? It's not as if he hasn't had a filibuster proof Congress for most of the last year.

At this point right now, there are something like 170 unconfirmed nominees that are being held up.

Yes...that's how government works.

The point is that creating international corporate consortiums to build American military hardware are nothing new.

If the country is so starving for jobs, and you're soooo concerned about it, why is it you seem to be behind the voiding of a legitimate bidding process, which has but the schedule behind by two years, to this point, eh?

Because it will mean more American manufacturing jobs?

Indeed, the "Party of No" is apparently trying to hold up all the nominees they can. Probably until November, when they seem to think they'll be in a better position to block them permanently.

:lol: With the current crop of progressives that have infested government it's a good thing to hold up these nominees until they can be properly vetted.

It happens on both sides of the aisle and you know it. Just because you don't get your way anymore is no reason to get upset.

It does happen on both sides of the aisle, and has been doing so in an ever-increasing frequency, until we have reached the point we are currently at:

Where nothing can be done at all.

I have given you totally logical arguments, you're either too thick or too much of a blind partisan hack for them to permeate your head.

For me, this isn't a political issue but that of playing by rules agreed upon beforehand.

No-bid contracts make no such pretense.

Sheesh.

:lol: With the current crop of progressives that have infested government it's a good thing to hold up these nominees until they can be properly vetted.

But strangely you didn't seem to feel that way when Democrats were blocking far-right appoiontees, in far smaller numbers..

How odd.

A classic example of what is wrong in government.

Unlike the dishonest left in this country, I oppose this kind of shit no matter who is doing it.

Government needs to be reigned in and put on a leash that is about 4 microns long.

Just remember this incident liberals; when your side begins to block nominations for politics.

I have given you totally logical arguments, you're either too thick or too much of a blind partisan hack for them to permeate your head.

For me, this isn't a political issue but that of playing by rules agreed upon beforehand.

No-bid contracts make no such pretense.

Sheesh.

There were several examples during the Bush administration where bidding was opened up and the contract went to a Halliburton subsidiary instead of continuing the bidding.

Would you like me to dig up the specific instances? Because there are many.

Forum List

Back